This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar HotSnot 11 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
    IndianaBasketball
    Participant

Feb. 21, 2013 is the NBA trade deadline. That’s over a month away, but let’s predict what players could be moved.

Rudy Gay – He’s the big name right now. The small market Grizzlies don’t want that luxury tax price tag, so they’re looking to cut the salary of Gay or Zach Randolph. Based on what I’ve read, they feel Gay will be the easier player to move.

Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap – These are two guys who are on the last year of their deals, plus they have young bigs behind them that Utah wants to give more playing time to. I’ve read Utah may look to acquire a more long term answer at point guard or an upgrade at the small forward position.

Tyreke Evans – It wasn’t long ago that he averaged 20, 5 and 5 as a rookie and most considered him a lock to be a future star. Now, he seems out of place. It’s clear his future isn’t in Sacramento.

Who are other players that could be moved on or before the trade deadline?

Wavy Bagels
    Participant

Bargs.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

The usual suspects

Josh Smith and Pau Gasol

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Brandon Jennings

TheArtistPaysthePrice
    Participant

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/01/09/5101590/ailene-voisin-evans-future-is.html

but usually the front office of a team is not allowed to make many moves when a sale is pending.

HotSnot
    Participant

Dallas would move their entire roster for another “star”.

rileymcshea3
      Participant

Speaking of this …. The mavs really need to go after Tyreke , he would be awesome at pg with mayo at the sg, and Tyreke really seems like he would be traded for anything.

As for another trade for the mavs , I think they could pull off a Al Jefferson to the mavs , Rudy Gay to the Jazz, Gordon Heyward , and any one from the mavs except Dirk and mayo to the Griz ( maybe Vince Carter and Elton Brand )

TheArtistPaysthePrice
    Participant

him back around Febuary 20th, which is the sixth week.

Tyrober
    Participant

I have a feeling this will be a very slow trade deadline. Lakers need to do something, but who wants Gasol and is willing to give him good value? Raptors obviously need to trade Bargnani, but who wants his production? Celtics need to do something, but probably won’t break up their core. Jazz should trade Jefferson or Milsap but as we saw in the past they didn’t trade Boozer and just let him walk so they definitely aren’t afraid to just play out the season. Lots of rumors and the Grizzlies, but I don’t see how any trade makes them better when they are trying to save money in the deal. They would be much better off playing out the season and seeing how far they can go and then around the draft and dealing him to a lottery team that wants some instant talent.

HotSnot
      Participant

In Utah, I’d much rather keep Millsap (resign him this summer) and trade Jefferson.

Mr. 19134
    Participant

I’d be shocked if either Monta or Jennings wasn’t traded before the deadline.

If the Kings sale goes through they might look to clear house and start trading all their long term contracts especially Thornton and Thompson.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Lakers try and trade Howard. He’s not the type of guy that I’d entrust my franchise with right now, and I’d probably trade him straight up for Brook Lopez at this point.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login