The WORST draft in history done over....
1. Michael Redd
2. Jamal Crawford
3. Mike Miller
4. Kenyon Martin
5. Hedo Turkoglu
This is the hard part lol
6. Quentin Richardson....He was pretty decent with Phoenix and L.A....I used to love the two circles he and Darius Miles used to do on their heads. Did you?
7. Morris Peterson....Pretty solid guy, nothing special though
8. Jamal Magloire....Can't knock him, he went to an all-star game
9. Desmond Mason....I guess lol. He was in the dunk contest a lot lol.
10. Eddie House.....It's getting ugly
11. DeShawn Stevenson....F.Y.I Compared to Jordan on this site. That's pretty funny.
12. Joel Pryzbilla....It's not a good thing when you see him in the lotto.
13. Stromile Swift....What team is he on now?
14. I am not even going to put anybody down because my final choices were Kenyon Dooling, Speedy Claxton, and Chris Mihm. And I don't know what teams they play for either.
So there you have it. A whopping 3 all-star apperances. Redd-1, Martin-1, Magloire-1. The only draft that I can think of that may be worst is the '97 draft, but at least it had a couple of bonafide superstars in Tim Duncan and T-Mac.
martin that low? i mean the guy has dropped big time in his days in Denver but in New Jersey that guy was a BEAST! Redd is the same way so idk how u you account these things...idk if Michael Redd Plays anymore that is how much he has fallen off.
Go to the mock draft archive for 2000 and look at the first round!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Half of them aren't in the league anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jason Collier doesnt count R.I.P)
Im not sure what NBADRAFT.NET admin decided to compare DeShawn Stevenson to Michael Jordan!!!!!!! That alone should get him fired and banned from watching basketball at any level for the rest of his life..lol
Redd has been one of the deadliest scorers in the league for the past 5 years so what are you talking about? And he has been dealing with injuries this year, that's why he hasn't played well....And the only reason Martin was half-decent in NJ was becasue he had J-Kidd creating every one of his shots. He used to get like 3 off the backboard oops every game, or at least it seemed like it. He is just Tyson Chandler, when they don't have good PG's they play like trash. But Chandler actually plays D and can rebound.
Deshawn Stevenson averaged a beastly 30 ppg 10 rebs and 6 assists in his senior year in HS. Dude had crazy ups as well. Too bad he's simply a streaky 2 guard who barely averages double digits now.
I remember it to, but it's just a death wish to compare somebody to Jordan, no matter how good they are
Actually I think Kenyon Martin is just as good in defense as Chandler, Chandler is a better shot blcoker but Martin is a far superior one and one defender (becasue of phyiscal nature)
Then why is he riding the bench behind NeNe and Chris Anderson lol.
And now that I think about it, these guys only have ONE I repeat ONE ring....Eddie House last year with the Celtics. I'm not even going to add Madsen's rings because I don't even think he played in any of those Finals games lol.
I think Martin is the starting PF on the Nuggets, doesnt he play something like 30+ minutes a game sounds like starters minutes.
You got me on that one, but the sad thing is......Chris Andersen averages almost 3 times as many blocks and the same amount of rebounds in 12 less minutes. So I could care less if he starts because a guy who was just out of the league a year ago is doing better than him.
Martin was never a stat type of player but he is a physical man to man defensive player. Im not much of a Martin fan my self but I have to admit he brings a certain level of ruggedness to a team.
I would have to say that Kenyon Martin should probably be #2 on this list. He was a really good player before he had to have microfracture knee surgery. He hasn't been the same since. Before the injuries he was easily better than anybody in this class except Redd and he was probably just as good as him.
Please explain how....Miller and Crawford has consistnently been 16+ ppg guys. And like I said before, Kenyon got most of his stuff because of Kidd.
1. M. Redd
2. Hedo Turkoglo
3. Kenyon Martin
You can keep the rest of them, looking back if I would have had a lotto pick after #3 I would have traded it for 2 second round picks in the 2009 draft and a lifetime subscription to Vibe magazine.
How is Crawful even on this list? Boy did he need a few more years in college.
I agree with edoom's list, although Miller, Richardson, Pryzbilla and House are serviceable players.
Kenyon is HORRIBLE why don't you guys understand that. He has never been a feared PF in the league. And he is on this list because there is nobody else I could put to fill out the lottery. And to add insult, even Mike Miller is averaging the same amount of boards as K-Mart. Those type of things shoudn't be happening to a player that is a "BEAST" should they? And Crawford deserves to be #2 on this list because he is still to this day averaging close to 20 a game.
I had courtside seats for a warriors/nuggets game a few years ago and I remember watching Kenyon play close up and saying to my homeboy "this dude is pure garbage, how in the f#@k was he the first pick in ANY draft", but considering what was available that year and the fact that while he was in Jersey playing with Kidd he was very effective and a solid contributer on a decent squad, he has to go in the top 3.
Jamal Crawford is the stupidest basketball player in the NBA. There's a reason he's the longest tenured NBA player to NEVER PLAY IN A PLAYOFF GAME.
If you think Crawford is good, then he's never been on your team. Trust me from experience (Knicks fan), he's a very low IQ player.
1. Michael Redd(Only Superstar in this draft and was picked in the second round Go Gm's lol)
2. Jamal Crawford(a clutch scorer who can put up points in bunches needs to work on D)
3. Hedo Turkoglu( a versatile player that rose to All Star level pass 2 years)
4. Darius Miles(Noone knew he was gonna be injured and if he is not injured he probably would be 2nd best in this draft)
5. Kenyon Martin(quality power forward that has regressed since his early years)
6. Mike Miller(Has great perimeter skills but lately is not playing well)
7. Quentin Richardson(has had some quality years and can play good D)
8. DeShawn Stevenson(Has lots of quality tools but has yet to realize them but still a decent player)
9.Desmond Mason(athletic player that had some good early years now he is on his way out)
10. Jamal Magloire(First 5 or 6 years he was really good and after that I have no idea)
11. Morris Peterson(quality player but nothing great)
12. Joel Pryzbilla(Great defensive minded Center but is limited offensively)
13. Kenyon Dooling(nice solid backup point;in the right situation he could start)
14. Stromile Swift(talent and yet has yet to live up to the hype and never will)
15. Eddie House( great shooter and quality role player)
This is my list and I hope people look at their basketball skill and not if you like them or not. This isn't American Idol.
Crawford at number #2... I think the only reason why Crawford scores so much is because he shoots too much and he shoots horrible precentages from three and twos (he has no idea what a good shoot is). His defense sucks and sometimes I dont know if he is playing by himself or with a team (he is a me first player) I have no idea why the Warriors picked him up.
If Deshawn went to college he'd probally do better, and Jordan wouldn't have been successful outta high school, its too much at such a young age...
Jamal Maglorie could be higher, he actually had a few good years while on the other hand nobody else did hah
Anyone who puts Crawford over Turkoglu shouldn't be posting on a basketball forum.
Pryzbilla would be picked before Crawford if this draft was done again.
kenyon being the only player to recover from microfracture surgery on both knees AND still be a starter on an NBA team, he should get some credit... (for the same reason, darius miles should get some love)
and i agree, turkoglu needs to be above crawford... crawford shoots too many shots and is too streaky