This topic contains 12 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar FastAndFurious 10 years, 12 months ago.

• Author
    Lotto Stud
    Participant

First Round One & Dones

2007 HS Rank
    #5 Derrick Rose
    #8 Michael Beasley
    #3 O.J. Mayo
    #1 Kevin Love
    #2 Eric Gordon
    #39 Jerryd Bayless
    #29 Anthony Randolph
    #14 J.J. Hickson
    #12 Kosta Koufos
    #17 Donte Greene

(projected) First Round One & Dones

2013 HS Rank
    #1 Andrew Wiggins
    #2 Jabari Parker
    #3 Julius Randle
    #4 Aaron Gordon
    #5 Andrew Harrison
    #6 James Young
    #7 Aaron Harrison
    #8 Noah Vonleh
    #12 Wayne Selden*

*have not seen him project as a One & Done

How I project them for the 2014 draft
    Andrew Wiggins
    Julius Randle
    Aaron Gordon
    Jabari Parker
    Andrew Harrison
    Wayne Selden
    Aaron Harrison
    Noah Vonleh
    James Young

Since the 2007 class, I have felt there would never be another class to come close to it, as far as impact players being projected One & Dones. Anyone can make an argument that this 2013 class could be better than the 2007 class. Aside from the One & Dones I still believe the 2007 class is overall better, but the 2013 looks promising.

What are your thoughts on comparing the 2 classes?

How do you project the 2013 One & Dones for the draft?

IknoBall12
    Participant

I like the 2013 class better as far as the overall talent and think it could be one of the more star laden drafts in years. But the fact is the 07 draft has a MVP award and as much as I like the talent in 2013 I don’t think there are any MVPs in the class.

Lotto Stud
      Participant

How would you project them for the 2014 draft?

HotSnot
      Participant

@IknoBall12

Thats a fair point… but come draft time, I’m not sure anyone thought Rose would have been named MVP of the league at any point in his career. Very good player yes, maybe even an allstar, MVP of the league not so much.

You never know, with the amount of talent in the 2013 highschool class, it seems possible that one of these guys drafted into the right situation could take off in a few years and impress us just as much as Rose did…and does.

Sewok15
      Participant

I would rank the players similarly to you. I don’t think Vonleh should be a one and done because of how raw he is offensively but he will still probably leave after a year because he will be a lotto pick.

Wiggins
      Randle
      Parker
      Gordon
      Andrew Harrison
      James Young
      Selden
      Aaron Harrison

Lotto Stud
        Participant

I’m not high on Vonleh either.

Chrispy
          Participant

Vonleh live multiple times and have been underwhelmed each time. Not saying he won’t be good down the road, just don’t think he has the skill set to play in the NBA right now…

Forte IV
    Participant

If Aaron Gordon wants to be that high he needs way better SF skills. He’s a 6’7/6’8 PF. In a draft like that he won’t be able to pull a Anthony Bennett.

Sewok15
      Participant

Gordon plays like Kenneth Faried so with his vertical he will be fining playing power forward in the NBA at 6-8.

BasketballJunkie224
    Participant

i feel like the 2007 class turned out absolutely great, but the 2013 class has so much hype..i think this years class could be better

lalaila
    Participant

Wiggins looks better prospect than Rose AT THE SAME TIME

Randle looks to be close to Beasley

Gordon looks similar to Griffin (his freshmen year)

Parker better than O.J. I believe ( because of versatility)

Aaron Harrison might not be on Eric Gordon level, but Andrew Harrison will show up as a more sure fire prospect than Bayless I hope so

no Kevin Love type of Prospect but Chris Walker or Noah Vonleh might be a surprise freshmen..

SOooo.. after their freshmen year 2007class looked SICK but not everyone live up to the hype, that’s why 2013 might become better, but at the same time there are also numerous of prospects who look like big-time but could turn out to be not that good at all..

Lotto Stud
      Participant

I really like Chris Walker’s athleticism and measurables. I wanted to see him shine in the Mickey D’s game.

FastAndFurious
    Participant

2007 class im taking them all day in a HS game.

Pro game yet to be determined.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login