This topic contains 33 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Stanford hoops 14 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    UNCTarHeels2009
    Participant

I want to know who your top 10 teams are heading into 2009-2010 season WITHOUT the players that are expected to declare for this upcoming draft….Example ( Blake Griffin, James Harden, Ty Lawson, Gerald Henderson)…

kpi03
    Participant

Kansas looks to be the best team in college basketball next year. Right now Aldrich is on the likely to stay list and Collins is on the likely to declare. I see both of them coming back and that alone will make them top5 team. Add in the possibility of Lance Stephenson or Xavier Henry and you can stamp them number 1.

stillmatic23b
    Participant

hard to really speculate for the reasons you listed + recruits still in the air like xavier henry/john wall that can completely change the landscape but …

in no particular order

kansas/michigan state/west va/cuse (if flynn stays)/nova; possibly wake if teague/aminu go back to school which looks

and whoever wins the john wall sweepstakes. i’d put UNC up here but i dont think drew is going to fill in for lawson too well and it’s going to be difficult to replace so much scoring.

The8thDeadlySin
    Participant

West Virginia is gonna contend with the top 5 all year long. They are gonna be the team to beat, mark it down.

kpi03
      Participant

I think Villanova, Texas, ,and Oklahoma(with warren) will be great teams next year too.

Ed Davis is the Future
      Participant

I don’t know about WVU being THE team to beat, but I think they’ll be a top-10 team despite the loss of Ruoff.

Ebanks and Butler will be stars on the college level next year, and guys like Bryant and Jones should be much improved.

I think the key is Ebanks developing into one of the best players in the Big East and maybe even putting himself into contention for 3rd team All-American.

If Collins and Aldrich come back and the add Stephenson, KU should be #1 to start the year. I think they start the following line-up –

Aldrich, Morris, Stephenson, Taylor, and Collins. Got to love that backcourt.

Lodzio20
    Participant

If Flynn stay at Syracuse they are my favs

joelar24
    Participant

They still have their top 5 scorers including Manny Harris and Deshawn Sims. They also have a solid freshman class coming in for their system.

NYKnicksuperFan
    Participant

10. Oklahoma
    9. UNC
    8. West Virginia
    7. Texas
    6. Pudue
    5. Kentucky
    4.Nova
    3.Syracuse
    2. Duke
    1. Kansas

other good teams- Wake, mich st, minnesota, clemson, florida, butler, nevada, xavier, dayton, G’town, memphis, louisville, uconn, seton hall, tulsa, baylor, cincinatti,micigan, ohio state, ucla, bama, tennesee, gonzaga, st. marys

Tim49461
      Participant

Wow….Leave now.
      State is Losing Suton and walton….Suton just started to come on the last part of the tounry. So Kalin Lucas, Durrel Summers, Chris Allen, Raymar Morgan, Delvon Roe, Lucious, You serious not in your top 5…..Just go away and never talk basketball again.

collegebb247
      Participant

‘Cuse top 3 players declared for the Draft

bluedevils12
    Participant

wow im really suprised that hardly anyone has put duke up. Duke will be bringin a team to be reckon with back semester mark my words. the dukies are are back

NYKnicksuperFan
    Participant

not talk basketball again ummm msu might be good but all the teams in my top ten are better than them

Tim49461
    Participant

10. Oklahoma
    9. UNC
    8. West Virginia
    7. Texas
    6. Pudue
    5. Kentucky
    4.Nova
    3.Syracuse
    2. Duke
    1. Kansas

Lets break this down since your retarded.
    10. How good were they before Blake? Even his freshmen year…..I thought so lucky to stay in the top 20
    9. Losing the best PG in America Best Shooters in America Green and Wayne and 3 time all american…Yea Sure they are in the top 10..Henson is brandon wright clone without a jumpshot.
    8. Excuse me WV in the top 10..U betting this all around Ebanks who just started to play during the big east tounry.
    7. Texas one of your few good picks.
    6. Purdue- MSU Beat them twice and who won the big ten again…MSU that is right
    5. Nova- i would put texas infront of them
    3. Cuse is fine here
    2. Duke getting Mason Plumlee and Ryan Kelly Still No inside….OVER RATED EVERY SINGLE YEAR!
    1. Kansas- WHo beat them?! MSU that is right…IF they get Lance then the team will be worse off…If they get Henry then the team will be a legit #1

top 5 teams if all recuiting goes the way it is planned
    5. Kentucky
    4.Texas
    3. Cuse
    2. State.
    1. Kansas

delfam
    Participant

Kansas, Kentucky, Syracuse, Michigan State, and Duke i think will be the top 5. Georgia Tech however has a great chance to make top ten if Lawal comes back, with Favors and Shumpert, its a great 3 player tandem.

Mr. Basketball
      Participant

1. UNC – wall (assuming), henson, ed davis (3 lotto picks) + 2 wear brothers + tyler zeller + deon thompson(experience) + larry drew + ginyard(experience) + strickland + mcdonald + watts. too much talent to not be top 5 (i know #1 might be a reach, but its not that far off).

2. Kansas

3. MSU

4. Duke (henderson stays)

5. Villanova

NYKnicksuperFan
    Participant

your obviously a mich state fan who is so depressed that they lost last week so just stop posting

aio2002
    Participant

NYKnickFan…you’re top 10 next year is right on…I would probably take out WV and add Michigan State.

BigTimeJohn
    Participant

MSU returns 7 of their top 9 guys. North Carolina could be number one even without Lawson and Ellington. I think UNC is out of scholarships though (You can’t give out more than five in one year.) How would they sign John Wall? Would he pay his own tuition freshman year?

Ed Davis is the Future
      Participant

BigTimeJohn,

They removed the 5/8 rule a few years ago – probably as many as 6-7 years ago now – so you can sign more than 5 in a year.

Go Big East, and Go ‘Cuse. If Flynn comes back I think we’ll be top 3 – KU, then Mich St., and the ‘Cuse.

BigTimeJohn
    Participant

MSU will be better next year than this year. They lose Suton, Walton, Ibok, and Gray. But, they add Nix and Sherman. Not to mention that Draymond Green, Delvon Roe, and Korie Lucious will all be greatly improved. MSU, Kansas, or North Carolina will be preseason number one. I don’t think any other team is even going to be in the discussion.

brennanza
    Participant

Why are the majority of you excluding UCONN from the top 10. They have two 5 star recruits coming in to replace Thabeet and Adrien, and return arguably the best freshman point guard in Kemba Walker. Stanley Robinson will be a better version of Terrence Williams and will show everyone how great he really is. Don’t forget that Uconn’s best all-around player in Jerome Dyson was hurt for the better part of the year, who will be returning for his senior year. While Gavin Edwards isn’t a standout, he will provide a decent presence at the 4, and can muster up 8-10 points a game. Trust me, Calhoun wouldn’t have returned next year if his squad didn’t look like a National contender.

zruc57
      Participant

Before the tournament MSU was considered a pretty good team in a bad conference. This is what they will be next year. the talent on this team is limited, they have no NBA players. Its been a while since weve seen a team dominate and stay near the top of rankings all season and win a championship without nba guys. Also, the freshman are ridiculous and will make college basketball much more talented and harder. MSU isnt getting any of the difference makers MSU’s true colors are the ones they showed all season ( getting blown out twice by UNC, nearly beaten by an usc team.) Really, could you imagine yourself saying that MSU was the number 2 team next year before the tournament. If you can’t, then basically your basing all of three games where, while i give them a lot of credit, think they got lucky ( I would bet any amount the world that Uconn, Lville, and even Kansas would rip them in a rematch) and regardlessthat you shouldnt predict something based on three games. The really interesting teams look like kansas, Duke, nova, cuse. All of these teams had higher betting odds to win the NCAAs and I still believe them. Also, Kentucky can threaten, wherever wall goes, and teams like Purdue have more upside players with more ability to grow than MSU. I still think MSU will be good, but id place them outside the top 5 and most likely will get a 2-3 seed.

IconK7
    Participant

zruc57, did you read your own post?
    1: MSU was considered a VERY (#2 seed) good team in the THIRD best conference in the land. Just how does that get restated as “pretty good team in a bad conference”?
    2: They can’t reach the Final Four without “NBA” players? Which tournament were you watching? Michigan State just did, and on to the title game.
    3: The MSU freshmen are “ridiculous”? Delvon Roe, Draymond Green and Korie Lucious “ridiculous”!? Even UNC wanted to sign Delvon Roe. Which tournament were you watching?
    4: You say anyone who rates MSU highly is basing it on only 3 games? Yes, they beat Kansas, Louisville and Connecticut. How in the world can one team be so “lucky”? Defending Champion, #1 seed and #1 seed. Beating one team on a hot shooting night may be considered a little lucky. Taking out those three en route to the NCAA title game was Dominance, not luck.
    5: YOU based your assessment of MSU on only TWO games, both losses to UNC. UNC blew out everyone.
    6: You’d bet MSU would get ripped in rematches with UCONN, L’ville and Kansas? I wish such a replay was possible. You’d lose your house & home to just about every gambler in America. Wait, which tournament did you say you were watching? In case you missed it, MSU beat Kansas, Louisville, Connecticut and (yes) Pac 10 tournament champion USC in back to back to back to back games to reach the NCAA Championship game.
    7: MSU returns 7 of their top 9 players. One junior, 3 sophomores and 3 freshmen. Like the other teams you propose are superior to MSU, they have new players enrolling next year, including a big man likened to Goran Suton. I’ll take the same liberties you gave yourself and assume they will be as good as advertised. I can not only see MSU rated #2 in the preseason polls, I can see them rated #1 and back in the final 4 next April.
    8: Which tournament did you say you were watching? Was your favorite team in the NIT this year? Well congratulations. You must be very proud indeed.

collegebb247
    Participant

check out my blog college basketball blog

http://www.collegebasketball247.blogspot.com

it’s always too early, before we know who has declared and what not but here it goes

1. Kansas
    2. Michigan St.
    3. Duke
    4. Villanova
    5. UNC
    6. Purdue
    7. Texas
    8. West Virginia
    9. Oklahoma
    10. Butler

UNC fan
      Participant

1.UNC With Wall (IF ELLINGTON AND LAWSON LEAVE, FREEING UP A SCHOLARSHIP0, I think they’ll have the best defensive team in the nation. They’ll also be the deepest team in America next year. As far as perimeter players Wall is the best highschool defensive player i’ve seen on film since Kobe Bryant.
      2.Villanova Villanova has one of the best recruiting classes coming in, in their school history. They have two 6’9 225-235 lb Freshman coming in that will compete for a starting position. Look for a final 4 rematch in April.
      3.Kansas Simply one of the elite coaches in America.
      4.Duke Experienced ball club comng back.
      5.Michigan State They have probably the best coach in America.
      6.Purdue Wealth of experience coming back.
      7.Oklahoma Coach Chappel, will be reloading with his recruitng class coming in.
      8.UCONN Even after lossing Thabett, UConn will challenge Villanova for the Big East crown.
      9. Kentucky First year for the new ball coach, Will make the sweet sixteen, but will need another year of Recruiting before he challenges for a NCAA title.
      10.Louiville They’ll still be good, but not good enough to challenge for a title this year.

Final 4

UNC
      Villanova
      Michigan State
      Kansas

nagemj02
    Participant

“6. Purdue- MSU Beat them twice and who won the big ten again…MSU that is right”

Tim49461,

You are wrong. Mich. St. beat Purdue at Mich. St. 62-51, but Purdue beat Mich. St. at Purdue 72-54:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/teams/schedule?teamId=2509

bishopm.dot
    Participant

Michigan State (a lot of returners)
    Kansas (my #1)
    Texas (Bradley and Hamilton paired with Pittman and James)
    West Virginia (Ebanks is star in the making, and Butler could be Big East POY)
    Duke (Solid recruiting class, with Singler, Smith and Scheyer)
    UNC (great class with future star Davis, some leaders)
    Michigan (One of the best one two combos with Sims and Harris)
    Butler (my sleeper; Heyward, Howard and Mack are a strong nucleus with everyone returning)
    Villanova (great recruiting class, Duke Transfer Taylor King will have an impact, and the team will be a serious contender with Reynolds returning)
    Wake Forest (only if Teague comes back)

Honorable mention: Baylor (good recruiting class including former Memphis signee Nolan Dennis, also add Michigan transfer Ekpe Udoh will be welcome, to add to pretty strong nucleus), Ohio State (no recruiting class, but every is back except Mullens — shouldn’t be too missed), Kentucky (this team will only rise if they can add Wall to the fold), Florida (will also rise if Calathes returns), Illinois (strong team and with solid recruting class).

The8thDeadlySin
    Participant

I think MSU will be number 1 or 2 preseason.

bluedevs
    Participant

UNC has not even offered him they only talked to him once hear it is 2 weeks till the end of the signing period.
    1.Kansas, can’t argue
    2.Duke, if henderson stays, maybe 1 if wall comes
    3.MSU, losing suton hurt but still
    4.Purdue i like what i see
    5.Villa, scottie comes back very strong
    6.UNC, best front court in america just need guards
    7.West VA
    8. Texas, Avery Bradley is no joke
    9.Wake Forest, if teague stays
    10.Oklahoma, Jeff capel learned from the best

Hood Kid
    Participant

1.kansas
    2.michigan state
    3.north carolina
    4.villanova
    5.texas
    6.purdue
    7.west virginia
    8.duke
    9.oklahoma
    10.kentucky
    that’s for now pending on player returns and recruiting

Stanford hoops
    Participant

best highschool defender since kobe bryant..lol…you havent watched much basketball for one and 2 the talent he plays against isnt that great…have you been to any of his highschool games..cuz if you did you know you wouldnt be able to make that comment because the guards he play against might be d2 sixth men

Stanford hoops
    Participant

duke???..really?…thats laughable..they arent title contenders when will people realize that..they are contenders to get to the sweet 16 and maybe the elight 8 at best..nothing more

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login