2010 Big East prospects

the barron
2010 Big East prospects

The Big East may be considered the top conference in college basketball. This past year it sent eight teams to the big dance. It is also a pipeline to the NBA draft. This past year the Big East had four players selected in the lottery. The Big East did lose quite a bit of talent because of early entrants such as Thabeet, Syracuse trio(Flynn, Devendorf, Harris), Clark, DeJuan Summers, DeJuan Blair and even a guy like Dar Tucker from DePaul. But there is still plenty of talent in this conference headlined by Greg Monroe of Georgetown. Luke Harangody helped himself by going through the process this year and working out for some teams. Here are my top ten prospects for next years draft:

1. Greg Monroe 6'10 PF Georgetown
2. Devin Ebanks 6'8 SF West Virginia
3. Luke Harangody 6'8 PF/SF Notre Dame
4. Lance Stephenson 6'6 SG Cincinnati
5. Stanley Robinson 6'8 SF UCONN
6. Arinze Onuaku 6'10 C Syracuse
7. Lazar Hayward 6'6 SG/SF Marquette
8. DaSean Butler 6'8 SF West Virginia
9. Scottie Reynolds 6'2 PG Villanova
10. Jerome Dyson 6'3 SG UCONN

Not as many first round prospects as the past couple of years. Kemba Walker from UCONN and Samardo Samuels of Louisville can be considered. Mouphtaou Yarou is an incoming freshman for Villanova that may play himself into the draft.

jojososa5
jojososa5's picture
i like

Greg Monroe he has so much potential, no way this kid doesnt go top 5

NYKnicksuperFan
Its funny

how a down year for the Big East looks like this when its still better then the other major conferences like Pac-10 and Big-10

I think there are some really good juniors and sophs who could declare in 2010 but most likely wait til the year after-Deonta Vaughn of Cincy, basically the whole Nova backcourt, Eugene Harvey from Seton Hall and Domonique Jones of USF all of these guys are dynamic scorers, Mac Koswal from DePaul,etc

jojososa5
jojososa5's picture
lets also

not forget about Mike Rosario tha Rutgers guard who averaged 16.2 ppg, and shot nearly 40% from tha field he is also their 1st every HS McDonalds All-AMERICAN

Knicksboy34
Knicksboy34's picture
IMO, move Jerome Dyson up.

IMO, move Jerome Dyson up. He will be a late-game shooter and will be good next year.

cprizz15
i've read..

these for all the conferences you've done so far.. and this is the first thing i disagree with. it just blows my mind how Kemba Walker is not on this list, BLOWS MY MIND!! i would have to say that he is the best point guard in this league. There is no way the likes of Dyson, Harangody, Reynolds, Hayward, etc... are ahead of this kid. he's a lightning quick guy who knows how to run a team and does everything else extremely well.

he's gotta be atleast 4 or 5..

JNixon
JNixon's picture
Watch out for

Peyton Siva. He is everything you want in a point guard. He will be a 1st-round pick soon

JNixon
JNixon's picture
Naw

He'll prove it when he learns how to shoot. He can do everything else, but he isnt a good enough shooter yet. I think teams will sag off him until he proves he can make shots. He is a great prospect, but to be his best he needs to shoot the ball better

RSS: Syndicate content