This topic contains 22 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar mikeyvthedon 13 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
    McDunkin

He does these every year around this time. He might not be well known, but he has been ghostwriting for alot of mainstream artist that you wouldnt even expect for close to 2 decades..

Malik-Universal
    Participant

WTH mcdunkin’?

Malik-Universal
    Participant

WTH mcdunkin’?

McDunkin

WTFAYTAWTHM(what the fuck are you talking about what the hell mcdunkin) Universal?

McDunkin

WTFAYTAWTHM(what the fuck are you talking about what the hell mcdunkin) Universal?

Malik-Universal
    Participant

i dont get it.. like what this vid bout haha

Malik-Universal
    Participant

i dont get it.. like what this vid bout haha

McDunkin

Every year he raps a summary of what happened during the year. For example the BP oil spill or rap related things like Lil Wayne getting arrested.

McDunkin

Every year he raps a summary of what happened during the year. For example the BP oil spill or rap related things like Lil Wayne getting arrested.

Malik-Universal
    Participant

ohhhhh cooo

Malik-Universal
    Participant

ohhhhh cooo

gone
    Participant

I memeber this from 07 anyway who has 360 add me R0tenScoundrel

gone
    Participant

I memeber this from 07 anyway who has 360 add me R0tenScoundrel

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

But I love Skillz, and I am sure this rap up is great as ever.

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

But I love Skillz, and I am sure this rap up is great as ever.

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

Listened to it, loved it, Skillz is awesome.

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

Listened to it, loved it, Skillz is awesome.

I May Be Wrong
    Participant

but you said he ghostwrites for some people? I wasn’t aware of that. Who did (does) he ghostwrite for?

I May Be Wrong
    Participant

but you said he ghostwrites for some people? I wasn’t aware of that. Who did (does) he ghostwrite for?

McDunkin

Puffy, Foxy Brown, Mase, Jermaine Dupri and Will Smith. Those are names he just now put out since they dont even rap anymore

This is a song he put out when one of the rappers didnt want to pay him…it has the names edited out

Here it is live with the names in it

McDunkin

Puffy, Foxy Brown, Mase, Jermaine Dupri and Will Smith. Those are names he just now put out since they dont even rap anymore

This is a song he put out when one of the rappers didnt want to pay him…it has the names edited out

Here it is live with the names in it

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

He’s the cat y’all don’t see, he writes rhymes for rappers than he charges a fee. Yeah, Skillz has written for a lot of people and has mad respect. Always wanted to hear a full version with the names in it, I heard that concert one. I think he may have written for Nelly, also know Shaq made a song dissing Skillz and than Skillz made a response "99 Free Throws and you can’t make one". Also, 40 Year Old Oden, it is clearly on his Wikipedia page :). Easy to find about artists and music if you just Google it. Other little tidbits you may be interested concerning ghost writers (Who I believe are rampant in hip hop, kind of like how comedians and shows have writing teams. A person I once knew used to tell me that Eminem was like, 9 people, and while I do not know how true that is, I believe he more than likely has help), is that Jay-Z wrote rhymes for Run-DMC and also wrote the song "Still D.R.E". Rhymefest wrote "Jesus Walks", and it is pretty common thought that Dr. Dre and Kanye get most of their rhymes written for them. Kanye used to ghost produce, and now gets things ghost produced for him (much like Dr. Dre, who is known far and wide for taking claim to beats other have made). Just part of the game though, most artists do not write all of their stuff exclusively, and it is a way to pay your dues and build your name, like most occupations.

I am pretty sure that Ice Cube, Ren and the DOC were the main writers for NWA, know Eazy just read words from a page. Snoop, Warren G, RBX, many others worked on the initial Chronic, and know Royce and Eminem were two big writers for 2001, as well as Proof more than likely and some more of their crew. Termanology even says "I’ll write the whole Detox in one week", he knows whats up, lol. It is so common place, yet at the same time it is hard for me to look at people like Dre or some of these artists the same way once I find out they use other peoples work. Hip-hop is so focused on freestyle, you want to believe it all came from their heads, but more often than not it came from a variety of factors. Guess that is why Biggie and Jay-Z are so well respected for thinking of things so quickly and never having to write it down. Though, if you ever see an interview with Jay-Z by this guy Narduar, he touches on something. Supposedly, ?love told Narduar that Jay-Z uses a method of repitition, supposedly focusing on repeating something 18 times for memorization. When he mentions it to Jay-Z, Jigga seems completely taken aback, it was hilarious. It is funny that we characterize all of these people as superhuman, and while they are obviously incredibly intelligent and most times either great musicians or performers, they usually have a whole team of people making one singular artist or group. Lots of people behind the scenes, many I am sure who are happy to be there, many who are just looking for their chance to shine. Skillz is a cat from Virginia, having fun and he comes out with some funny and clever rhymes. I know he is down with the Roots, and he seems to have cred from many other big names in hip hop, and is a great free style artist.

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

He’s the cat y’all don’t see, he writes rhymes for rappers than he charges a fee. Yeah, Skillz has written for a lot of people and has mad respect. Always wanted to hear a full version with the names in it, I heard that concert one. I think he may have written for Nelly, also know Shaq made a song dissing Skillz and than Skillz made a response "99 Free Throws and you can’t make one". Also, 40 Year Old Oden, it is clearly on his Wikipedia page :). Easy to find about artists and music if you just Google it. Other little tidbits you may be interested concerning ghost writers (Who I believe are rampant in hip hop, kind of like how comedians and shows have writing teams. A person I once knew used to tell me that Eminem was like, 9 people, and while I do not know how true that is, I believe he more than likely has help), is that Jay-Z wrote rhymes for Run-DMC and also wrote the song "Still D.R.E". Rhymefest wrote "Jesus Walks", and it is pretty common thought that Dr. Dre and Kanye get most of their rhymes written for them. Kanye used to ghost produce, and now gets things ghost produced for him (much like Dr. Dre, who is known far and wide for taking claim to beats other have made). Just part of the game though, most artists do not write all of their stuff exclusively, and it is a way to pay your dues and build your name, like most occupations.

I am pretty sure that Ice Cube, Ren and the DOC were the main writers for NWA, know Eazy just read words from a page. Snoop, Warren G, RBX, many others worked on the initial Chronic, and know Royce and Eminem were two big writers for 2001, as well as Proof more than likely and some more of their crew. Termanology even says "I’ll write the whole Detox in one week", he knows whats up, lol. It is so common place, yet at the same time it is hard for me to look at people like Dre or some of these artists the same way once I find out they use other peoples work. Hip-hop is so focused on freestyle, you want to believe it all came from their heads, but more often than not it came from a variety of factors. Guess that is why Biggie and Jay-Z are so well respected for thinking of things so quickly and never having to write it down. Though, if you ever see an interview with Jay-Z by this guy Narduar, he touches on something. Supposedly, ?love told Narduar that Jay-Z uses a method of repitition, supposedly focusing on repeating something 18 times for memorization. When he mentions it to Jay-Z, Jigga seems completely taken aback, it was hilarious. It is funny that we characterize all of these people as superhuman, and while they are obviously incredibly intelligent and most times either great musicians or performers, they usually have a whole team of people making one singular artist or group. Lots of people behind the scenes, many I am sure who are happy to be there, many who are just looking for their chance to shine. Skillz is a cat from Virginia, having fun and he comes out with some funny and clever rhymes. I know he is down with the Roots, and he seems to have cred from many other big names in hip hop, and is a great free style artist.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login