This topic contains 16 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar TheLastWord 13 years ago.

• Author
    TheLastWord
    Participant

I’m not sure redraft is a word, but wondering everyones opinions knowing what we know now. 

1. John Wall

2. Demarcus Cousins

3. Greg Monroe

4. Derrick Favors

5. Ed Davis

6. Paul George

7. Gordon Hayward

8. Landry Fields

9. Evan Turner

10. Patrick Patterson

Best to take into account age and weigh the second half of the season more than the first.

OhCanada-
    Participant

Favors and Davis will be compared to eachother throughout thier careers, same with Monroe and Cousins, and George and Johnson if they get good enough. I dont think you could justify picking Favors over Davis… The age thing is great but Favors is just so extremely raw it is hard to tell if he will ever get to a level that is worth the 3rd overall draft pick. I know he ended the season ell but he still had alot of struggles while playing "well". Davis looks like he is very promising now and until Favors does prove he is a better prospect I would put Davis ahead.

ghettosermon
    Participant

^^ I know you obviously have some bias towards Davis, and I do love Ed as player and think he has all star potential but I think you are underselling Favors. Favors is and always will be stronger than Davis. They are almost the same height yet Favors has about 30 pounds more in muscle. Ed Davis’s frame doesnt’ appear to be able to put on anything more than some lean muscle. Even given the weight difference Favors is a more explosive athlete and no one can deny that. Davis is more skilled and longer but Favors will be more to handle on the interior. They are two completely different players and I don’t think it’s fair to say that Davis has looked promising but Favors hasn’t. When given minutes Favors has done really well, 14+11 against the Lakers, 17 points against the Spurs, 16+8 vs the Knicks. I think there is a lot to be encouraged with Favors. Problem is that Favors has to fight for minutes with good NBA players like Al Jefferson, Paul Milsap, and Okur. Ed Davis is in the immediate future has the luxury of not having to compete with anyone for minutes as he and Bargnani are the only guys in the front court with secure future’s, and if the Raps do move Bargnani things will open up even more. I’m more interested to watch Ed Davis vs  Greg Monroe as stylistically they are similar.

B Free
    Participant

I could see Indiana taking Jordan Crawford, they played George at SG alot and since they went gaurd lets assume that was there biggest need.

B Free
    Participant

Also I dont think Detroit would go SF they have a young one they like in Daye, they would probably still take the next best big Sanders or Patterson.

Anton123
    Participant

I would still take Aminu top 10 over Turner and Hayward probably

DC Chillin
    Participant

I agree with Crawford being in the top 10. He showed that he could take advantage of oppourtunities when presented. In Atlanta he was buried behind Bibby, J.Johnson, and Jamal Crawford. In D.C. he was the third rookie this year to get a triple-double.

Jlv2011

Cousins has an attitude problem.  He got 2 technical fouls and ejected from the Kings final game because he can’t keep his mouth shut. 

TallmanNYC
    Participant

As good as Cousins has played, the attitude issues have not been dispelled. You are still hearing the wispers about issues in the locker room. Yeah, he gets technicals. That isn’t good but mouthing off to officials is not what the team is worried about. They are worried he is going to mouth off to a cop pulling him over for DWB one night and end up in the slammer for a season. If you just went by performance on the court, Cousins might even go ahead of Wall. And that is no knock on Wall just the reality that a center who you can run your offense through for solid points per game has traditionally been more valuable than a PG. 

lalaila
    Participant

Favors definitely showed some stars potential..he is just a kid! 19yrs old! but looks already grown man with some game..

and i like Ed alot but i feel in a long run he will be better..ghettosermon i agree with you absolutely just Ed isn’t longer for sure, don’t forget Favors 7’4 wingspan

and Cousins would be a lock at #2 i love him even more than last year..he even showed that 300pound can play PF with than dribbling and passing and quick feets..nice rookie year!

OhCanada-
    Participant

Your right I probally am bias because Ive watched him play all year, but I think your selling skill short and buying in on potential a bit much. If your telling me Favors is the better player now then your just plain wrong. Maybe in the future but maybes are never written in concrete. Davis is a very underrated athlete and he is actaully very explosive, although with Favors still growing I agree to give him the slight nod there. Raps have a crowded frontcourt actaully with Evans, Johnson, Bargnani and Davis. Not to mention Klieza would be logging PF minutes.

Favors reminds me of Bynum not because of skillsets, because he came into the league an intriguing prospect that would take time to develop. Then developed into a defensive force with some power post skills. I probally did undersell Favors offensively but has he shown offensive skills, is his jumpshot coming along, and how is his footwork? Those are legit questions because in the beggining of the year he took bad shots, missed them, was not in control with his post play, he rebounded spiratically and that is the image I get when I think of Favors. I see Davis starting to improve his jumper, footwork, and he looks like a very nice player going forward.

butidonthavemoney

Favors still tends to take questionable shots, but his touch, footwork and jumpshot have all improved since the beginning of the season. He also continues to overpower other power forwards on both ends of the court. It’s obvious to me that Davis is a step ahead of Favors offensively, but it’s closer than you originally suggested.

I’d take Favors over Davis, but I have a bias too so take that with a grain of salt.

OhCanada-
    Participant

They both have potential, Davis is going to gain weight and add more muscle. Favors will also get stronger as we saw with Howard and Bynum although the difference is Davis is rebounding, blocking shots, and playing solid defense without that weight so imagine when he gains it. From the looks of it both will improve footwork, and shooting touch. Favors has an obvious weight, height, and length advantage, and Davis has an obvious skills, intagibles and IQ advantage. Both are very similar athletes and provide great energy.

Both will improve skills such as shooting, footwork, and touch around the basket. Ed Davis will gain the wieght to utilize his post moves, rebound, and play defense more effieciently. So basically what everyone is saying is that because he is younger he will learn the intagibles as he gains game experience, and since his body is always going to be better then Ed’s Favors gets the slight edge. Maybe thats correct and I cant get mad at anyone for predicting it but Im not buying that.

In the draft teams choose the sure thing, and in a similar case Im pretty sure Oklaholma City would have still drafted Harden over Derozan if they had a redraft despite seeing how much potential Derozan holds, because Harden is the better player.

Hitster
    Participant

The lists look fairly good, if you put big negatives against DMC’s attitude and consider all the chaos that Monroe has had to play through then I would say there is a school of thought for putting Monroe ahead of DMC on this year’s output. I still think that if DMC gets his head together then he can be a monster and have a better career than Monroe but somehow I can see Monroe being more consistent across his career.

iminipanda
    Participant

Just because he had a dissapointing season doesn’t mean he would be drafted that low. He fell to a bad situation in which Doug Collins prefers his vets over giving young Turner minutes. A lot of teams could have used him effectively and he still has a much higher ceiling then a lot of guys in this draft. I couldn’t see him going any lower then 5th. 

butidonthavemoney
    1. John Wall <— No question.
    2. Greg Monroe <— His passing/offensive ability would have been great with the Sixers.
    3. DeMarcus Cousins <— New Jersey would have been a good fit. I think he needs a coach like Johnson.
    4. Evan Turner <— Would thrive in Minnesota.
    5. Derrick Favors <— Non-dominant forward with high potential to Sacramento.
    6. Eddie Davis <— Highly active defender with unselfishness for Golden State.
    7. Wesley Johnson <— Potential to be a great second scoring option.
    8. Gordon Hayward <— Versitile, tough, intelligent swing man with a surprisingly high upside to the Clippers. Makes a lot of sense with Gordon, Griffin and Jordan.
    9. Cole Aldrich <— Sigh… Would have been a great fit for my Jazz, who lacked any post defense both before and after the Jefferson trade.
    10. Landry Fields <— Over George and Aminu. I love Fields’ poise and skill-set. Think he’ll be a great role-player in the future.
    TheLastWord
    Participant

The reason I put Davis below Favors and Monroe is because he is exclusively a PF. While Cousins and Favors (with some bulk) can play center in this league and that’s a nice commodity. He also was on Toronto, which means his stats could be fairly hollow given their uptempo style and 23 wins this year.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login