This topic contains 12 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar mj23mj23bestever 11 years, 5 months ago.

• Author
    chall23
    Participant

Excluding Kyrie Irving from this discussion because he has showed he is a great player, who do you think will have the brightest futures from this draft class and who do you think will be the biggest busts?

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Bright future – Isaiah Thomas

chall23
    Participant

I like Isaiah, and hes a perfect example that you can find good value in the second round… Will he be a star probably not. But I can see him contributing for many years. Good pick

lakeshow22
      Participant

Marshson Brooks

Hitster
    Participant

The current stars of this class are perhaps Kenneth Faried, Kemba Walker and Kawhi Leonard. Longer term I reckon that Enes Kanter could be a top level player, the likes of Brandon Knight, Tristian Thompson and Derrick Williams are progressing nicely. Most unproven is still perhaps Biyombo.

phila9012
      Participant

Derrick williams is not progressing at all. He is shooting 32% from the field. He actually has had chances to play and he hasnt done anything. 5 of the 6 top players on the timberwolves are hurt and he still sucks, after he had been working really hard in the summer to improve his game. That is definately not progressing nicely.

fgrrghg
    Participant

Valanciunas

Siggy
    Participant

I think Kanter, Valanciunas, Mirotic and Klay Thompson have the brightest futures in that draft class.

Not sure about the busts though.  Derrick Williams and Jan Vesely look really bad though.  I think Derrick needs a change of scenery, but his value is very low right now.  His biggest mistake was trying to become a SF. Vesely was drafted as a project but he’s already 22 years old. Busts IMO are complete fails.  Players who become valuable rotation players might not ever live up to their draft position, but I don’t consider them busts.

Bird_Years
    Participant

Kemba has really surprised me this year, guy is averaging 19, 4 boards and 5 assists with only 2 tovs and a true shooting percentage of 51.4%. I had him written off as a bad pick from the start. I hate being wrong

I’m all about Valunciunas. I think he he’s going to be one of the rare two way big men in this league. He loves contact, hustles, plays defense, likes posting up and can knock down open jumpers. Everything Bargnani isn’t. 

clawlin
    Participant

Kenneth Faried has the brightest present.  Dude is tearing it down. He has rightfully earned a starting spot on a very talented and deep team, and brings endless hustle and team play.

druneave3
    Participant

Shumpert, Leonard, Valancuinas, Faried, Nikola Mirotic, Kanter, Klay Thompson, Jimmy Butler

ncballer

Don’t look now, but Jimmer has been playing really good lately.

mj23mj23bestever
    Participant

as mentioned he got his chance and hes still no good i dont wanna count vesley out the wiz may not be the rite fit for him kemba has really suprised me faried has exceded my expectations hes a beast same with leonard i didnt like it when my spurs traded hill for him on draft day but wow was i wrong on that one

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login