2012-13 Greeks In NCAA Thread

European Baller
2012-13 Greeks In NCAA Thread

Since NBA is racist and biased against Greek players, and won't draft them, the Greek Basketball Federation has started to tell the young Greek players to play in high school in USA, and in college in NCAA, instead of Greek youth clubs, so that they have a better chance to get drafted. Since NBA is not racist and biased against NCAA players.

So now Greek players like Paris Maragkos, Ioannis Papapetrou, John Sinis, and Ioannis Dimakopoulos have gone to play in USA.

We can keep track of the progress here of Marakgos and Papapetrou and see how this new policy of Greek Basketball Federation works to circumvent the racist and biased veiws against players that play in Greece, instead of USA.

Paris Maragkos

Height: 6-9

Weight: 250

Position: PF

Maragkos is a freshman in NCAA at George Washington. He has been a member of junior national teams of Greece.

Ioannis Papapetrou

Height: 6-8

Weight: 225

Position: SF

Papapetrou is a freshman in NCAA at Texas. He has been a member of junior national teams of Greece.

providencefriars1
providencefriars1's picture
From what I've read Ionnias

From what I've read Ionnias Papetrou is a very talented player, but is probably a four year guy. Has a point forward look to him and will receive a lot of minutes early at Texas. This marks the first player I have heard of from a European Baller post.

European Baller
From what I've read Ionnias

From what I've read Ionnias Papetrou is a very talented player, but is probably a four year guy. Has a point forward look to him and will receive a lot of minutes early at Texas. This marks the first player I have heard of from a European Baller post.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Because he went to USA, he is called "big talent". Of course, he is maybe top 10 best Greek talent in his age group. If he stays in Greece, same player is called "Euro scrub" by same people in USA that now call him "big talent". Truth be told, hilarious thing is he is not considered big talent in Greece, but only by USA standards.

More proof of how racist NBA is against Greek players.

McBestForBusiness
McBestForBusiness's picture
"Of course, he is maybe top

"Of course, he is maybe top 10 best Greek talent in his age group."

"Truth be told, hilarious thing is he is not considered big talent in Greece, but only by USA standards"

A Lil English
A Lil English's picture
LOL

That is not proof of anything, that is your speculation and ideology. You almost had a good post going but again you had to go and ruin it.

The fact still stands, you love the NBA you keep complaining about, otherwise you wouldn't be here on and various other forums on your wacky Greek crusade.

providencefriars1
providencefriars1's picture
So you bash me for giving one

So you bash me for giving one of your boys a compliment? Do you like us always bashing on them or something?

akaftan
NCAA vs. NBA vs. Unrelated American opinion

Euro baller--you get these confused. You also contradict yourself in confusing them. This is your argument:

Background information--Greeks aren't drafted into the NBA that often.

Premise 1--Greeks in high school/NCAA are highly-touted.

Premise 2--Greeks in Greece are not highly-touted.

Premise 3--Greeks in high school/NCAA aren't as good as the top Greeks in Greece, despite being more highly touted.

Conclusion--the NBA is racist.

What?

You also have a confused definition of racism. If the NBA were racist to Greeks, they would exhibit such behavior no matter where they last played, since "racism" implies a judgement based on an ethnicity and ancestry, regardless of location. You seem to imply that the "NBA" greatly undervalues Greek players that play in the Greek league--ie, are racist towards them--while they give excessive value to Greeks in the US--ie are not racist towards them. This isn't racism. If this were true, it would be a prejudicious attitude, not a racist one.

In addition, how does the opinion of Providencefriars1 show that the "NBA" is racist? Does his opinion represent the NBA? Do you equate the NBA with "America"? You have a very broad and ever-shifting opinion of what constitutes the "NBA."

phila9012
how come european baller

how come european baller hasnt got banned, all of his recent posts have been racist and overall just stupid.

the I in win
the I in win's picture
All greek players and people

All greek players and people are inferior, the only thing that can make them of any use is if they come to the USA at a young age. If they are old then they should probably just die to make the world better overall. I'll go ahead and be racist towards Greeks, nobody important will care.

raybeas
raybeas's picture
Greeks are

smelly, gyro eating sheep/goat fvckers.

^^^That is racist.

Most Greek basketball players are not athletic and/or talented enough to be drafted by NBA teams.

^^^ That is an opinion based on knowledge and an evaluation of talent. Please learn the difference, you smelly, gyro eating sheep/goat fvcker.

McBestForBusiness
McBestForBusiness's picture
nobody important will care

nobody important will care

RSS: Syndicate content