This topic contains 57 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar BenchWarmer 11 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

Last season’s top performers:

West
    Kevin Durant: 36pts, 7rebs, 3asts
    Kobe Bryant: 27pts
    Blake Griffin: 22pts, 8rebs, 3asts

East
    LeBron James: 36pts, 6rebs, 7asts
    Dwyane Wade: 24pts, 10asts, 10 rebs
    Carmelo Anthony: 19pts, 8rebs

Am I the only one expecting either (or both) Durant and LeBron to drop 40+ points tonight?

Any predictions?

Chilbert arenas
    Participant

Bold prediction: Melo goes off and has 9 3’s and wins MVP

alinge
      Participant

Even Bolder prediction: Joakim Noah goes off for 9 3’s, as Coach Thibs sits at home weeping

akhan786
    Participant

Watch out for Kyrie…I’m hoping we see some Kobe vs Kyrie tonight.

NJHooper95
    Participant

I agree, dont sleep on Kyrie Irving. He has been the star of the weekend so far and I dont think he is finished yet. He has a chip on his shoulder, and he want to show the world that he is a premiere player in this league. Something tells me that Cleveland will have a few more nationally televised games next year.

kingofbums
    Participant

Kyrie saved his energy to whoop some kobe ass tonight and takes home the MVP…neg me all ya want but when it happens i hope yall take it all back 😉

Ahkasi Clay
    Participant

Who ever kobe ends up “guarding” will win mvp

omphalos
      Participant

I bet you’re feeling pretty stupid talking trash about Kobe’s D after he completely locked up Lebron late in the game and blocked him twice.

Ghost01
    Participant

Kyrie *should* play a lot in this game because the Rondo injury added an extra big and took away a guard. I love watching LBJ and Durant go at it, I just wish some other people would get involved heavily. Maybe its Melo, maybe its Irving. I’m sure Kobe will blackhole it pretty hard and still end up as one of the leading scorers, but if Harden gets a decent amount of minutes he could outperform him.

Wavy Bagels
    Participant

I expect Blake and CP3 to steal the show with numerous lobs. But I expect Lebron to go beast mode and take the MVP. He’s still mad at losing last year, even though he like everyone else waited until the final 2 minutes of the game to care about the game.

Chilbert arenas
    Participant

Non-bold prediction: Ne-yo will annoy me more than I ever thought possible

Taylor Gang Mike
    Participant

Jrue or Kobe i hope ahahah

akhan786
    Participant

I love the patches on the warm up jackets. Nice touch. Kobe’s and Timmy’s were covered completely lol.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

All-Star game MVP?

I’ve got LeBron

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

Of course Noah would go 100% in an All-Star game

Block, offensive rebound, putback in the span of 20 seconds

Ahkasi Clay
    Participant

what is going on with alicia keys pant? it looks like she has a hard on

Ghost01
    Participant

Pretty ho-hum first half. Not even the least bit of defense being played, but there were A LOT of wide open misses.

BigChamp12
    Participant

Does Alicia Keys have a cold or something? She didnt sound like herself at all! And this is the first time i ever seen her dance. Honestly someone just told me that she’s pregnant and that may have affected her performance

Ahkasi Clay
    Participant

Yao makes Olajuwon look little

toruk
    Participant

Things are starting to get interesting now. Everybody is playing hard and kyrie is on fire.

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

Everybody picking on Chris Bosh… And Kobe playing great D on LBJ.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

Kobe playing tough defense on LeBron.

If the average NBA fan didn’t know Kyrie Irving, I bet they do now after this weekend

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

OMG… Kobe Bryant is F’N LeBron James up.

JNixon
    Participant

chris paul for mvp!

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

Chris Paul is amazing

And Kobe has completely taken LeBron out of his game

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

Don’t remember the last time LeBron scored a FG. Kobe is completely shutting him down

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

This goes back to those one on one debates.

We can see right now… He can’t even get past Kobe without a pick. Not only that, he’s not that much stronger than Kobe to just like back him down.

Kobe has hurt LeBron’s feelings tonight.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

To think, Kobe and CP3 were nearly on the same team together

Lebron’s Hairline
    Participant

Can’t wait to see LeBron and Kobe go at it in the finals

Ghost01
      Participant

…Said no one ever?

Ghost01
    Participant

Kobe did do all the things you mentioned above, but bottom line is..its an all star game. Lebron just ripped off one of the greatest 2 week stretches ever, Kobe is headed for the lottery.

Lebron’s Hairline
      Participant

Yeah that’s the joke, it’s an Allstar game; remember when Miami killed LA both times this season?

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

Has to be CP3

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

That’s true, but let’s not act like LeBron hasn’t been known for taking his game up a notch in All-Star games… Especially down the stretch.

He was playing hard against Kobe and he tried to take it personally, but he got abused.

That was pure domination by Kobe.

Hale
      Participant

You’re a great poster (one f my favorites) but outside of that one lakers fan who got banned for being racist you are absolutely LeBron’s #1 hater on this site. You seriously jump at every chance you can to criticize him.

IndianaBasketball
        Participant

I’m not a LeBron fan, but I’m not a hater. You’ll have to re-post something I’ve said that could be considering “hating”. A hater is somebody who doesn’t acknowledge how great a player is. I think LeBron is a great player and one of the most physically gifted players in the history of athletics.

I’ve criticized holes in LeBron’s game in the past, but he’s really closed majority of them up. There’s not been much to really criticize about him since last season to be honest. He’s been that great.

I still think people get too sensitive on this site. Had LeBron locked Kobe up like this basically going one on one, I’d have been saying the same thing.

Ghost01
          Participant

I agree with Y2G. You are clearly one of the best posters on this site, but it’s obvious you don’t like LeBron.

You can give him credit, and say “He’s covered up most of his flaws” and all that, but then, the first time he fails at anything this season, you are the first guy on here talking about how Kobe dominated him, in an exhibition no less. Yes these guys take pride in winning the game, but the fact is, its just not important to anyone except the media who would love to debate Kobe/Lebron some more. I doubt you were the first guy on here when LeBron was going on that tear posting about how amazing it was.

IndianaBasketball
            Participant

Okay… And it’s clear you don’t like D. Wade. And? That’s your personal preference. You think I give a care?

And you need to shhh somewhat when you’re consistently hating on D. Wade. According to you, he’s no longer an elite level player. I doubt you were the first guy to give D. Wade credit during these last five games where he’s averaged 24 points on 51% shooting, 90% FT and making clutch plays down the stretch of multiple games.

Back to the original point… You’re talking about LeBron failing for the first time this season lol… It’s not that deep. Kobe locked him up in an exhibition game and that’s that. I took pleasure in it because I like Kobe more than LeBron. I don’t see the big deal. LeBron is still the best player in the world and I feel he’ll get his 2nd ring this season.

Hale
              Participant

I probably should’ve said critic instead of hater.

aamir543
                Participant

I don’t see a problem with Indiana Basketball’s criticisms, he hasn’t been overly harsh on Lebron, and gives credit where credit is due. I haven’t noticed anything irrational on his part, just calls it how he sees it.

Hale
                  Participant

I guess it’s possible that it’s just me and swag. It just seems to me like every chance there is to criticize LeBron he’s right there. Example being last night, or when the Heat were down to Indiana he started saying Kevin Durant was the best player in the NBA, among other things. They aren’t big things, just constant little things or backhanded remarks that you don’t hear him say about KD. He does give LeBron credit sometimes though so I’ll credit him there.

IndianaBasketball
                    Participant

Come on lol. You say I’m there every chance there is to criticize LeBron, but the last time you can bring up is last season’s playoffs.

And I wasn’t the only one thinking Durant was either better or on the verge of passing LeBron last season. My opinion has changed since then though, just like I’m sure a lot of people’s have. I don’t see the problem with that.

Hale
                      Participant

Like I said it’s a bunch of little things that on their own are fine, but they happen often. You tend to always be the guy arguing on the side of Kobe/Durant when they are grouped/compared with LeBron. The playoffs last year you did a lot of it, this season their hasn’t really been a chance to criticize him. Instead of crediting LeBron for his awesome recent stretch of games lately you said something about the offensive system making it easy for him. Which I think most people would agree with but it still seems like a backhanded compliment. I know I’ve seen more examples but that’s what I have off the top of my head. It’s just those constant little things that have added up (in my mind). Again though it’s not a huge deal, just kind of annoying. I mean I ranked you the #2 poster of all time in a short article I wrote last year so obviously I like you as a poster.

Ghost01
                      Participant

Its a simple process

Throw in disclaimers “He’s doing great”, “He’s the best player in the league”

And then argue against him in every player debate, never comment on “Player X put up 35-12-12 tonight”, comment when he rarely falters and act like you’re not being bias.

I know, because I have done it before lol.

Hale
                      Participant

Haha when I’m biased against someone I make it known. I despise D-Wade, Rondo, the Spurs/Lakers/Celtics and basically anyone else who gets over-hyped at all unless I liked them already.

Ghost01
                Participant

The reason I don’t like D Wade, is because the media will continue to give him accolades and recognition he doesn’t deserve. He has been good lately, but he’s done it in Lebron’s shadow. LeBron is better than D Wade at every single aspect of basketball.

I especially began disliking D Wade towards the end of last season. LeBron was passing game winners up to Udonis Haslem, and the media was clammering for Wade to become the “Closer” when Wade’s credibility as a closer couldn’t be more overblown. Yes in 2006, he was phenomenal, in every sense of the word in the Finals. But over the past few years, he hasn’t been clutch at all. Not only has he constantly missed the game winning shots the Heat have had to give him so he doesn’t whine about LeBron getting the ball too much, but his shot selection was horrible. Vs the Bulls last season, he took the most awkward, off balance, unnecessarily tough shot he could have taken, fading out of bounds. He missed it, like he missed numerous game winners, eventually doing so against the Knicks in the playoffs. Wade has this credibility as a closer, because he won an NBA title. I just thought was really stupid and no one ever wanted to point out that he was choking, they said stuff along the lines of “Well, at least they got it to him instead of LeBron”.

And then, in the playoffs, probably somewhere between the Indiana and Boston series’, Wade realized it: LeBron was just better than him. He finally accepted it, he finally took the back seat, he finally let Cavs Lebron come back and he was just in the main supporting role, which is perfect for him. Wade is still an elite basketball player. He is a sure fire all star, and one of the 10-15 best players in the world. He isn’t number 3, or number 2, or number 1, or whatever fans thought he was in the summer of 2010. Do I dislike him, and maybe be a little bias against him? Sure. But he has digressed as a player, that is fact. He didn’t just get beat in an All Star game ever though he’s in the midst of one of the best regular season stretches we’ve ever seen, thats the difference.

Ghost01
    Participant

He did…but this is something to help Skip Bayless go to sleep at night…it doesn’t count for anything else. Maybe Kobe should start playing D like that in the real games…

Tongue-Out-Like-23
      Participant

Lol, Kobe played his hardest defense of the season in an All-Star game

gone
    Participant

Keeping in the context of just that 4th quarter Kobe completely locked him down. Even on a couple hard drives by Lebron he still was stopped, even had one blocked. Also Like to point out Irving has a ways to go defensively.

gone
    Participant

Keeping in the context of just that 4th quarter Kobe completely locked him down. Even on a couple hard drives by Lebron he still was stopped, even had one blocked. Also Like to point out Irving has a ways to go defensively.

Ghost01
    Participant

Overall reaction to the night: *yawn*. When do the playoffs start?

BigChamp12
    Participant

Kobe dominating Lebron? He guarded him the last 4mins of the game…. AN ALL STAR GAME… he played good defense yeah, but its nothing to get ecstatic about. Kobe and Reggie Miller were the only ones who took that Kobe Lebron duel serious.

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

Oh get off LeBron’s nuts. We all know this is an All-Star game, however these guys are still prideful and compete. LeBron confiscated tapes of him getting dunked on during a pickup game lol. LeBron has been known as one of the players who take these games up a notch. These games are always played competitively down the stretch.

BigChamp12
      Participant

Of course they like to compete against each other. Yeah Kobe got the best of it, but what about the regular season games when they had to take Kobe off of Lebron and put Metta back on him? Dude you sound crazy, it was still just an all star game.Kobe got a couple of blocks and a foul. Great to watch, but nothing major. I can assure you Lebron wasnt taking that as serious as Kobe was. And youre obviously on Kobe’s nuts. Everyone on this sight knows it. Kobe makes a 3 while getting fouled, the next post I see is:

IndianaBasketball- Kobe Bryant is so phenomenal, the way he hung in the air to make that tough 3 whiile being pulled down in the air was amazing. He’s gotta be an MVP Candidate. LOL you guys are crazy. I swear yall dont like being called out on your biased posts, so you go on a negging spree. SMH. Just call it down the middle dude. Stopped being so biased and trying to disguise it. Im not on Lebron’s nuts. Im a fan of good basketball. Melo’s my favorite player. I think Bron’s been the best player for about 3-4years now. I think Kobe’s the most fierce competitor their is. No nut riding over here.

IndianaBasketball
        Participant

“Kobe Bryant is so phenomenal, the way he hung in the air to make that tough 3 whiile being pulled down in the air was amazing. He’s gotta be an MVP Candidate”

I’ve never ever said anything like that.

omphalos
    Participant

Yeah the only difference between All-Star game D and NBA D is that there’s no help, guys are usually just playing 1v1, and usually that means easy buckets, but Kobe was all over Lebron and if I’m a coach I’m telling all my defenders to force Lebron left and watch for the shot.

This was the best ASG I’ve seen in a long time, they were playing D almost from the start, Chris Paul was gunning for that MVP and it stayed tight throughout. Plus, we got to see CP3 and Parker abuse Bosh, CP3 go at Kyrie Irving, Kobe abuse Irving on an iso for a dunk, CP3 hitting the huge jumper on Noah and then getting elbowed in the face.

It was chippy, but it was mesmerising, and the first-timers all brought something great to the game.

This has been one of the better All-Star Weekends in recent memory, with the Rising Stars KI-BK duel, Kyrie winning 3 point contest and then this game. Solid break, now let’s play some real basketball again.

aamir543
    Participant

I know this is slightly off-topic but am I the only one who had to mute the TV every time one of the performers came on this weekend? I mean really, every single act was god awful, Couldn’t they just play Gangnam style and throw Shaq, C-Webb, Ernie, Kenny and Charles out there and tell them to do their thing? That might’ve even been better than the game itself.

BenchWarmer
    Participant

Excellent D by Kobe, tenacious man d has to be the most exciting part of the game, but its an exhibition game…Maybe Kobe should do this in a game that matters? Seems like he never wins against lebron except in allstar weekend.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login