This topic contains 17 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar franfran 11 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    MERRLOL
    Participant

East Starters: Rose (will get the votes), Wade, James, Anthony, Bynum

East Bench: Rondo, Williams, Johnson, Granger, J. Smith, Stoudamire, Noah

West Starters: Lin (will get the most votes), Bryant, Durant, Griffin, Howard

West Bench: Westbrook, Paul, Harden, Iguodala, Gay, Love, M. Gasol

ENOGSIWONdede

Stoudemire has no chance to be an all star, overall though solid picks

tiberius
    Participant

Jeremy Lin will be lucky to even be mentioned an allstar, much less an all star starter. In my opinion Ricky Rubio is more worthy of being an all star. It is also imperative that Chris Paul will be the West’s starting point guard. And even though Both Rudy Gay and Andre Iguodala are very deserving to be all stars, I have a feeling that fans will not vote a lot for them. They would prefer to either vote for a young player with a lot of flair like Lin or Rubio heck they might even vote for anthony davis! or vote for an old aged future hall of famer. I hope they make the team though, they’re great! 

As far as your east team, I strongly believe that Andrew Bynum and Roy Hibbert will be the only centers on the team. Ur PG rotation seems accurate but I don’t know how long Rose will be out for. Will he have played enough games to be chosen as a STARTER? I could see him making the allstar team even if he only plays 20 games because of his fans and reputation. I believe Josh Smith will make it too. Joe Johnson? He certainly will have a better PG to give him the ball as well as be the go to scorer so I think his stats will properly advocate his worthiness. Danny Granger is a bit of a surpire, I don’t know how you got him. Sure he’s good but I don’t see him getting a statistical boom this year. Not enough moves were made and hibbert, and george got better and will demand the ball more. I think however that the bench of the east will have 4 powerforwards: Josh Smith, Amare, Lamarcus and Chris Bosh. I know it sounds crazy but the starting have 5 have 2 SFs so… I think that Amare will play better with Felton and Hakeem’s teaching. I think that LA will have a monster season and might be the best PF on that list of 4. I also think that Chris Bosh is going to get a lot better this year. Don’t forget he’s 28 and his game isn’t based on athleticism (he could get better with age) and chemistry with bron, n’d wade will do him wonders.

ENOGSIWONdede

I forgot about Aldridge good call he definitely should make it. Put Aldridge in over Harden.  Wall or Kyrie might make it over Joe they are better players but I think the Nets have a great record and he sneaks in.  

dmo21
    Participant

Here are my choices, as of now:

East:

PG- Rondo, Williams, Irving (don’t think Rose will play)

SG- Wade, Ellis

SF- James, Anthony, Granger

PF- Bosh, Smith

C- Bynum, Monroe

West:

PG- Paul, Westbrook, Nash

SG- Bryant, Harden

SF- Durant, Gay

PF- Griffin, Love, Nowitzki

C- Howard, M.Gasol

ENOGSIWONdede

Tiberius I think Portland is still in the west?  Lamarcus cannot be a bench power forward in the east

tiberius
      Participant

My bad, god bless you, take care and have fun

F_S

lmao….

starting lineup

i say d.will starts for the east, and paul for the west.

east starting PF will be carmelo or josh smith. for the west Griffin

the rest are locks

aamir543
    Participant

Rondo, D-Will, D-Wade, Lebron, Melo, Bynum, Bosh, Paul Pierce, Al Horford, Joe Johnson, John Wall, Kyrie(might be one too many guards, but this is a rough sketch)

CP3, Kobe, KD, Blake, Dwight, K-Love, Gasol bros, Westbrook, Tony Parker, Dirk, DeMarcus Cousins

ENOGSIWONdede

I think it is possible also with Nash being on a more popular team he gets voted the starter, though I think it will be 

Kobe, Lin, Paul, Nash that order.

BlueLaces
    Participant

Tiberius…LMAO at your post.  LaMarcus Aldridge plays for Portland and you put him in the East?? Also, Iggy and Gay not getting enough votes from the fans to be on the West bench?  The bench spots are voted by the coaches, not the fans. The fans only vote for the starters, and it is now a global vote (how do you think Yao started when he didn’t play?), which means Lin could be a starter regardless of how he plays assuming he gets a bunch of support from the fans in China.

Taylor Gang Mike
    Participant

Do you people realize Lin will be starting because of te China votes. LIN WILL START. Its the Yao Ming factor.. smh

ENOGSIWONdede

Did Wang Zhi Zhi start in the all star game?

Did Yi Jianlain start in the all star game?

Did Mengke Bateer start in the all star game?

Did Sun Yue start in the all star game?

Lin is not as good of a player as Yao, he has a good chance to start and some of it will be predicated on how he performs on the court, but you can’t assume he starts just because he is Chinese, and he isn’t really Chinese he is of Taiwan descent.

ENOGSIWONdede

tiberius is a good poster but I think he was under the influence of cocaine in that post very long and not thinking clearly on LA

Taylor Gang Mike
    Participant

all those players you named wernt as Marketable or Popular as Lin or Yao… Maybe Yi but he was in a small market in Milwaukee, and if you remember when he was in New jersey he was the 4th vote getter for forwards and he was terrible. Lin is in a great Market

F_S

don’t you have to be in the ballot to get voted in? 

none of those asian scrubs were in the ballot therefore they cant get voted in.

ENOGSIWONdede

you can write in votes, no NBA player has ever made it that way I think Paul O’Neil made the baseball all star game as a write in one year though.  Not sure if Yi was on the ballot that year probably was to get 4th but not sure?

franfran
    Participant

ALL STAR 2013

WEST

PG Chris Paul

SG Kobe Bryant

SF Kevin Durant

PF Blake Griffin

C Dwight Howard

6 Russell Westbrook

7 Kevin Love

8 LaMarcus Aldridge