This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Siggy 11 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    Aran Smith
    Keymaster
    Siggy
    Participant

Why do you have Oladipo classified as a SF?

Aran Smith
    Keymaster

I don’t know that his skill set works at the SG position. He’s not a great passer or ball handler.

Siggy
      Participant

Oh ok. I don’t think he’s a bad passer at all (unselfish and has a better ast rate than just about everybody on your SG top 10 list) and his handle can’t be much worse than McLemore, KCP, Hardaway Jr’s…well actually half of the guys in your top 10 for SGs as well.

Aran Smith
        Keymaster

It’s definitely a fair question and worth considering him on the SG list. He may be forced to be played at SG at the next level due to his size but I don’t think his handle or passing is at the level of the guys you mentioned.

Siggy
          Participant

Well I’m believer that if a player can defend a position then he can play the position, so I don’t think he’d be forced to play the position at all.
          If a certain level of ball-handling and passing are prequisites to be listed, then I don’t think a guy like Hardaway should be classified as a SG either. I think he he’s inferior to Oladipo in both those areas.

raybeas
            Participant

Assist to TO ratio for your top 5 SG and Oladipo
            McLemore – 45:52
            KCP – 44:51
            Goodwin – 75:74
            Hardaway Jr – 55:50
            Crabbe – 65:56
            Oladipo – 60:56

He is Indiana’s third ball handler, after Yogi and Hulls.

Hale
    Participant

Where do you think Andre Hollins would go if he came out this year?

Kyrie Irving

There is no chance Tim Hardaway Jr. is a better ball handler than Oladipo. Specially if taking into account that speed and quickness play in role in ball handling effectiveness.

Kyrie Irving

“Semaj Christon: There is talk he wants to bolt”
    Guess who was the only person that said he could be a one and done.
    Kentavious Caldwell Pope: i would say he is pretty flashy, with his picture perfect shots. I could watch him play all day. Throwing Nowitzki rainbows off the catch and shoot in matters of less than second. Every time he shoots it lately I think is going in, including when he shoots it off the dribble.

Tha King2121
    Participant

Why is Noel a PF in the NBA and WCS is a C? I think Noel’s a center right?

Siggy
      Participant

Noel has a thinner frame than Anthony Davis and most people think AD is a PF and a PF only going forward.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login