This topic contains 11 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar theballerway 11 years ago.

• Author
    Mr. HookShot
    Participant

Nba.com’s David Aldridge is posting his big board again this year, with the SG’s the most recent on to be posted.
    http://www.nba.com/news/features/david_aldridge/david-aldridges-big-board-shooting-guards-2013-draft/index.html?ls=nbahpfull3

He is rather negative about this years crop of SG’s, especially about Goodwin (DA’s projection: second round), Hardaway Jr. (DA’s projection: second round), Jamaal Franklin (DA’s: Honorable Mention) and Vander Blue (DA’s: Some scouts like). In my opinion, if you have a mid- to late first round pick and need a real competitor as your SG/SF, you take Franklin. Hardaway Jr. (with his recent tournament success, as a team) is also which I think will be picked in the first.

What’s your opinion?

the I in win
    Participant

To be honest the only time I have really liked what Aldridge had to write/say is when he is talking about the financial aspect of trades, signings, or cuts. In years past I’ve laughed at his “work” on the draft.

CAROLINA BLUE NICK
    Participant

I honestly don’t care for David Aldridge as an NBA prospect scout. It just seems like he goes off of what other mocks say rather than actually watch the players himself. I think Goodwin is a mid to late first round prospect. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up late lottery. Goodwin is very talented and maybe the the most talented 2 guard behind Mclemore in my opinion. I think the disappointing season Kentucky had has a lot of people ready to write him off. I also think Jamaal Franklin will be a first round pick as well. Great athlete and great competitor. I think Hardawy Jr. will be a late first round pick. Maybe fall to OKC or the Spurs. He is a solid prospect and with Michigan in the championship tonight has helped his stock rise. Compared to Goodwin and Franklin I’m not as impressed but I think he will be a solid pro none the less. But Aldrige is really sleeping on Goodwin

lockdownD

1- Ben McLemore
    2- **Kentavious Caldwell Pope**
    3/4- Victor Oladipo
    4/3- *Archie goodwin*
    5- Allen Crabbe

*: personal fave
    The couple times i saw Mich St. i never kept and eye on Garry Harris, he seemed averaged and not like a ‘one and done’ prospect. Cant tell much about his game.
    Shout out to PJ Hairston.

jwostrum
    Participant

why is shabazz not on anyone’s SG list? he is never gonna be a sf in the nba. if he gets put at sf it will last about 5 games. he can not handle nba SF’s, he is not tall or physical enough. his size and length scream SG. anybody else see this?

For_Never_Ever
      Participant

Skill for the position is just as important or more so then size and strength.

Ghost01
    Participant

Say whatever you want about DA, at least I don’t have to pay money to read him talk about sports.

TRC1991
    Participant

Shabazz is a bit slow for NBA sg’s in my opinion

B-ball fan
    Participant

Physicality is one of the best aspects of Shabazz Muhammad’s game. I agree with TaylorCondrin: He is very slow for a SG. NBA SGs could blow past him off the dribble and he doesn’t have the quickness or ball handling skills to beat SGs off the dribble consistently. His game and physical attributes are both best suited for SF.

KHAM83
    Participant

It seems as if everyone likes Pope as a sleeper, late teens at the best. And this seems to be his current stock. But do you all think that he can rise to a late lotto come draft time? Shooting is a premium and he is both very good at it, and much more than just a shooter. I think teams targeting Mclemore, should pencil in Pope as a consideration. Im not saying to take him in Mclemore’s draft range, but I dont think Pope will last till the late teens. He’s currently 16 on this site, but going backwards from 16 down:

15 Milwaukee- I think they keep Jennings, and will look to add a bigger shooting sg next to him.
    12 Portland- Unless Noel was to slip this far, they have their future locked up at all positions minus sg. Lilliard-Pope backcourt sweet.
    11. Philly- **See above Holiday-Pope backcourt sweet.
    9 Minnesota- **See above Rubio-Pope backcourt sweet. Esp if they resign Pek.

Sewok15
      Participant

I wouldn’t mind seeing Caldwell-Pope as a Sixer at all. They need a big man but they still have hope for Bynum. I don’t really like any of the bigs that will be available at 10+ that much anyway. If they are going to take a big in that range I would prefer Olynck. If they are going to get a SG I would like to see Kentavious Caldwell-Pope even over Oladipo because this team still needs outside shooting.

theballerway
    Participant

I have Shabazz as a 2, I think he’ll be able to guard twos personally.

1-Shabazz – assuming thay ankle checks out ok. The fact that he showed improving ment with his shooting was big for me as I thouhgt he was extremely suspect. he will get a right hand at some point
    2 -Oladipo -maybe a tad undersized but I just love his develpment rate and think hes far from the finished product(not sure how old he is) but he obviously has room and the will toimprove. plus hes already ahead of the others defensively
    3- I think in 3 years or so Goodwin may be better but Ill put Ben Mac 3rd. Dont mind the lack of ball handling/iso abilty as much as I mind his passive/disappeaing tendancy
    4 – Archie Goodwin – great talent just feel he needs the most development to find his impact niche. In a couple years tho jheez
    5 – Jamal Franklin – Fearless, which can be good n bad though. I think hes gonna be a problem to match up agsaints in the workout phase but his shooting might hinder him some in drill of that nature

I havent seen enough of the others but I know Popes a pure shooter who apparantly started to diversify his game and slashed a bit more this year and I saw Crabbe go off in the second half of one game but thats as much as I can say.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login