This topic contains 17 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar dipt1982 13 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    Dc773
    Participant

6’7” Jabari Parker — Chicago, freshman, Simeon

6’10” Thomas Hamilton — Chicago, freshman, Whitney Young

———————————————

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Why do you have a Stuckey highlight????

bucksfan24
    Participant

why do we care about 2013 when we should be looking at current prospects

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

The same reason why people here make lists predicting the future, or Mock Drafts, it is just trying to see the stars who could replace the current stars once they call it quits. LeBron James was an HS phenom before he was a 2 time MVP, Tiago Splitter was a well known 17-18 year old before finally coming to the NBA now at 24-25. It is fun to go over basketball past, present and future. Also, with Tommy Hamilton Jr., his dad played with Rashard Griffith in HS at Martin Luther King, and those two were over 7 feet. They appear in Hoop Dreams if you remember. Thomas Hamilton was 7-2, never played in college and floated around the league after a bunch of different try-outs, and I hear he got up to as much as 400 pounds. Rashard Griffith played at Wisconsin and was the 38th pick in the 1995 draft, never really stuck around the league for long. But man, can you imagine playing those two guys in HS? Like the Collins twins and the Lopez twins, or the Bhullar Bros right now. Tommie Hamilton Jr. is around 6’9 and now plays at Whitney Young, and they are adding a freshman who is 6’8 named Jahlil Okafor, a cousin of Emeka’s. Supposedly Jahlil can really play, so they will have these two developing big men playing on the same team for potentially 3 years. Pretty rad. I know Max Preps called Jabari Parker freshman of the year also, seems like he has tremendous potential. I know this could all fade away down the line, but we have followed guys like this since Bassy came into the ABCD camp going into 9th grade and tore it up, and Lance Stephenson challenged OJ Mayo as a potential freshman as well. I even remember LaQuinton Ross, who I think was around the same height going into 9th grade as he is now, scoring 10 points at Elite 24. Now he is ranked anywhere from 30-65 in his HS class, not even including the rest of the nation. It is just kind of a trip, it may be bad to give these guys labels so young, but at the same time it is up to them to keep working on their game and stay humble. Very difficult, but it prepares you in the long run for what you face as an NBA basketball player. Read that article about Rashad McCants in the new ESPN magazine to know how much the mental game and a players attitude mean in the league. I felt bad for Rashad, but you have to stay humble and stay optimistic, because in the long run those are the people organizations want to lead their teams and follow their game plan onto success.

stanford hoops

So is someone gonna put up the 2015 prospects as well? I think there is a limit because most players ranked Hugh as freshmen drop by the time they are seniors because some develop early while most don’t develop till later. Players are still growing.

nateoak10
    Participant

Dude will be a beast

romeeezybaby
    Participant

Teammates with Ashley w/the Drew Gooden Soldiers (Northern California)

Mr.BigShot
    Participant

What about lol jk… Thats my Graduation year.

canesboy6
    Participant

far and away the best 2013 player in the country. Its not even close. Im looking forward to a UNC, UK smackdown recruiting battle for him with UNC coming out ahead.

DanEboy
    Participant

When I was a young lad, I ran into Thomas Hamilton and Rashard Griffith at a movie theatre in Chicago……those guys were trees.

That was my useless post of the day…thanks

stanford hoops

usually the best player as a freshman or soph doesnt end up being the best player by his sr year. others end up catching up with them physically

dipt1982
    Participant

Very true stanford, that’s why players drafted after playing there freshmen years end up not panning out, because others have equaled there abilities…

stanford hoops

im talking about freshmen in highschool

dipt1982
    Participant

Oh yeah, well that goes without saying…

dipt1982
    Participant

Life changes a lot from being a freshman in high school to a senior, your drive and motivation to play ball might go away…so many variables, it’s way too early to try and judge a player as a freshman in H.S.

Demarcus Oneal
    Participant

Nigel Goss Findlay prep was ranked number one in the country until gr.9 year didnt get any playign time since Corey Joseph and Nick Johnson started ahead of him should come in and become a great player now that Joseph left

Da1pot
    Participant

Watch out for Aquille Carr from Baltimore…. This guy reminds me every bit of Allen Iverson!

dipt1982
    Participant

Carr is 5’6”??? Size is only going to hinder this guy…Unless he’s Earl Boykins…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login