2013 USA Junior National Select Team Roster announced for 16th Annual Nike Hoop Summit

mikeyvthedon
mikeyvthedon's picture
2013 USA Junior National Select Team Roster announced for 16th Annual Nike Hoop Summit

http://www.usabasketball.com/mens/hoopsummit/13_hsum_usa_team.html

Well, was wrong on quite a few of my predictions (thankfully, might I add, very glad Vonleh and Hill made team). Here was my initial thread on the date of the game, which is April 20 at the Rose Garden in Portland, Oregon:

http://www.nbadraft.net/forum/2013-nike-hoop-summit-set-portland’s-rose-garden-april-20#comment-537033

Looks like they do not have a "true" center on the team, though I suppose that Bobby Portis and Noah Vonleh have height/length to suffice, along with (a hopefully healthy Julius Randle's) raw strength. Also recall Aaron Gordon's older bro, Drew, being much more physical than the 2008 International bigs (Samardo Samuels, Alexis Ajinca, even Serge Ibaka) on his way to 15, 7 and 4 blocks. Still, will be quite interesting to see how the International team is put together.

Guys I wish would have made it include: James Young, Chris Walker and I would have liked to see how Dakari Johnson stacked up against some older bigs. Nonetheless, very excited, really hoping Wiggins is back and has that re-match with Jabari Parker (they played in the 2011 Nike Global Challenge near Portland). Here is the team:

F Aaron Gordon (uncommitted) Listed as: 6-9, 210 (would be very surprised if he were that tall, will see during measurements here)

G Aaron Harrison (Kentucky) Listed as: 6-5, 205

G Andrew Harrison (Kentucky) Listed as: 6-5, 205

F Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (Arizona) Listed as: 6-7, 205

G Demetrius Jackson (Notre Dame) Listed as: 6-1, 165

F Jabari Parker (Duke) Listed as: 6-9, 201

F Bobby Portis (Arkansas) Listed as: 6-9, 225

F Julius Randle (uncommitted) Listed as: 6-9, 225

F Noah Vonleh (Indiana) Listed as: 6-8, 220 (This is a guy who I think is actually taller. Though, his arms are ridiculously long regardless and should dwarf everyone on this team in wingspan)

Hill is the lone player born in 1993, which contrary to what someone stated in my previous post, more than likely could lead to a few 1994 or even 1993 born International players. The only players I have heard that have gotten invites for the International team are Mam Jaiteh (representing France), Clint Capela (Switzerland) and Mario Hezonja (Croatia). Certainly hope Wiggins gets another invite and I guess we will have to wait and see on the rest. Will definitely keep you updated on the information obtained on these players during the practices!

Siggy
Demetrius Jackson is an

Demetrius Jackson is an interesting choice, but he's the type of system PG that they tend to select for this game.
Connor Frankamp would've been a solid choice as well due to his experience this past summer as well his shooting ability.

Malcolmx
Malcolmx's picture
Didn't know Kasey Hill was

Didn't know Kasey Hill was that old,but it's understandable if you ever heard about how hard of a live he had

RSS: Syndicate content