This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar druneave3 10 years, 12 months ago.

• Author
    druneave3
    Participant

This season has been tough to watch the Bulls for several reasons. There difficulties to score. Bad Nate Robinson (one of the few guys who can put the ball in the basket). Knowing this season never even mattered because management went on the cheap (still paid luxury tax) and signed guys like Vlad Rad, Nate, and Nazr. Most of all, having #TheReturn waived in the fans face when he was never coming back. So I have been doing a lot of thinking about the future and next season. Just give the trophy to Miami already.

Here is my plan for the Bulls next year.

1. Rose- finally does what he should have a few weeks ago and returns.

2. 2013 Draft- Select KCP (who most likely won’t be there) or Gorgui Dieng in the first round.

3. Free Agency- Sign Corey Brewer. Great defender who is improving his shooting and hitting that corner three pretty well. I would love to pay back Houston and steal Greg Smith but not sure how contract works. Could anyone explain how the partail non-guaranteed contracts works and his situation please. They just have the option to pick up 14′? Can another team offer anything? Two guys I would bring back from this years squad are Nate Robinson and Daequan Cook. Nate is a goof but he will be minimum and with Rose back he won’t be getting as many minutes and can play a better role as a energy/spark and ride him if he is hitting. Bulls will be pressed for cash so Nate and Cook are two guys who can shoot, know the systems, and are cheap. Other free agents on the cheap would be

4. Do not pick up the Team Option on RIP. $5 mil

5. I would have been amnestied Boozer already but I don’t see that happening. Hopefully after ’14 when Mirotic comes over. I would love to move Kirk too but that won’t happen either.

Lineup looking like this-
    Starters Bench
    PG- Derrick Rose Kirk Hinrich, Nate Robinson, Marquis Teague
    SG- Corey Brewer Jimmy Butler, Daequan Cook,
    SF- Loul Deng
    PF- Carlos Boozer Taj Gibosn,
    C- Joakim Noah Greg Smith* (If possible if not insert Narz Mohammed 2.0 here due to $) Gorgui Dieng

I think the idea was to amnesty Boozer after the 14′ season but the latest word is that the cost conservative Bulls no longer want to pay for nothing and want to keep him as a basketball decision as well. They will be second time offenders going over the luxury tax most likely if they don’t get off the Booz Cruise, having $73 million wrapped up in just 8 players if they do terminate RIP. I would like to see the numbers on how much they will pay as second time offenders. If that was cost effective to cut $15 mil Boozer deal, then they could look to sign Paul Milsap, a real back up center, and would make it much much easier to get an upgrade at 2-guard like Corey Brewer, or J.R. Smith. Sure Jimmy Butler could start there but they will need more solid athletic wings to go along with Deng and Butler.

cuseflynn10
    Participant

If KCP enters the draft there is a chance he could be there around the late teens early twenties area where the Bulls are most likely going to pick. I used to have KCP going to the Bulls in my really early mock drafts, but I’m starting to like Ricky Ledo. I know he didn’t play this year, but I think in a down year in terms of incoming NBA rookies goes, I think he’s worth a chance. He was the #21 ranked high school prospect last year, and if he were able to play, he would have outplayed a lot of guys ranked ahead of him. I believe he could have been a top 10 freshmen this past season if he were allowed to play. It all depends on if he declares or not, but I think he wants to get to the NBA as soon as possible and would expect him to declare. If he impresses in pre-draft workouts, he could shoot up draft boards.

Dlesnie
    Participant

I hate douchey Bulls fans that don’t respect Rose’s decision to play it safe. If he wasn’t such a good guy I would wish he would come back before he was comfortable and have it happen again to teach y’all a lesson.

Mr. Chicago
      Participant

He is the one that needs to make the decision when he is ready no one else. Ligament injuries are not easily quantified. He needs to come back when he is ready, and only then.

Ghost01
      Participant

I hate douchey basketball fans that have no clue about any of the facts behind an espn headline story, and then call other people out for having an opinion.

Derrick Rose isn’t playing anything safe. He is in a rehab process. The next step in the rehab, according to doctors among the best in the world who get paid to make these calls, is to play basketball again.

Rose isn’t playing it safe, he has the same chance of getting hurt next season as he does right now if he were to return. The injury is gone, and the next step is to PLAY. That is why it is frustrating. Personally, I understand him being timid or nervous at first, but to play everyone on this night-to-night guessing game about if he’s coming back or not is just silly. If a doctor tells you to play, then you should play. If it doesn’t feel right, for like a week, okay fine. Its been over a month, and there is still no sign of him. I don’t understand why you wouldn’t do what a doctor is telling you, that’s all.

druneave3
        Participant

Someone who gets it. Thank you! This is the next step in the rehab process. Every doctor and every player who has had the injury are saying the same thing. But this year never mattered so it is all for naught.

druneave3
      Participant

Doctors say that there is a 3% chance that he has the same injury, 5% chance for every other body part. I can’t find it right now but there is a great Jamal Crawford article talking about having the injury and feeling the same way Rose feels, the same way every player has felt, and how you need to push yourself.

usfballer
    Participant

First and foremost, what a doctor tells a patient is supposed to be confidential, so we shouldn’t know he’s been cleared other than his participation in practices. . This was a complete dick move by the organization to let that leak and I for one am glad it is backfiring on them.

Secondly, if there is ANY doubt in Derrick’s head he should stay as far away from an NBA game as possible. The worst thing any athlete can do is doubt his body’s ability to react. That is precisely how you screw some other part of your body up by overcompensating.

Third, we took a pass on the season when we let Asik walk. If the organization was too cheap to keep a young starting caliber big like Asik or go out and find an adequate replacement, they have no right to expect Derrick to come back and try to hero ball us to the ECF to get blown out by the Heat.

frogman
    Participant

Why does everyone want to amnesty Boozer? For some reason people here think that Taj Gibson is the 2nd coming of Kenyon Martin. Boozer is way better than Gibson. Unless they are guaranteed to sign a marquee player with Boozer’s money in the offseason then it makes zero sense. And to be honest I don’t know who would be good enough to do that for. Plus it would be soooo expensive.

druneave3
      Participant

Do people actually watch Boozer play or just read box scores at the end of the game? He is the worst player in the league on defensive rotations, moving his feet, and defensive effort.

TRC1991
    Participant

People are also worried now because of how much $ the Bulls have locked up at the PF position..

ksmith9
    Participant

It’s not fair to criticize and badger him for taking it safe. He has the next decade to play, he should have no reason to rush back….Do you really want Grant Hill 2.0 in Chicago? Though the doctors cleared him no one knows his body better than him. If something doesn’t feel right to him then why should we be able to judge him for that? As my own personal experience I went snowboarding over Christmas, and something felt off, I ended up going anyways and broke my collar bone going down the mountain. I closed at my recent job, something didn’t feel right so I went back through the building and found a door unlocked and the lights on. Point is we all get a feeling when things are not right and if Rose does not feel right coming back then accept the fact that he is improving your draft stock for a stronger team next year when he can really do damage.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login