This topic contains 52 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar ProudGrandpa 9 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    joshsm12
    Participant

Now that a week has gone by from FA and most of the big names have signed and the draft is done, lets hear peoples 1-8 seeds for next years playoffs…

East
    1. Miami
    2. Pacers
    3. Nets
    4. Bulls
    5. Knicks
    6. Wizards
    7. Cavs
    8. Pistons….. Wow the east sucks….

West.
    1. Thunder
    2. Spurs
    3. Clippers
    4. Rockets
    5. Warriors
    6. Grizzlies
    7.Nuggets
    8. Timberwolves…
    8th is tough between the wolves, Blazers, and Pelicans( Holliday, Gordon, Evans, Davis might surprise some people, at least it will be fun to watch)

joshsm12
    Participant

Yea the Raptors were in the mix for me too but i think 6-8 progress too much… Itll be close though

joshsm12
    Participant

Yea the Raptors were in the mix for me too but i think 6-8 progress too much… Itll be close though

BigB88
    Participant

raptors will make the playoffs

BigB88
    Participant

raptors will make the playoffs

ProudGrandpa
      Participant

+1 this man!

ProudGrandpa
      Participant

+1 this man!

joshsm12
    Participant

Ive been saying that for 3 years now….

joshsm12
    Participant

Ive been saying that for 3 years now….

Forte IV
    Participant

Am I the only one who thinks the Spurs will finally drop to the 4-6 range this year?

Forte IV
    Participant

Am I the only one who thinks the Spurs will finally drop to the 4-6 range this year?

Darius22
    Participant

West
    1. Thunder
    2. Spurs
    3. Rockets
    4. Warriors
    5. Clippers
    6. Grizzlies
    7. Pelicans
    8. Nuggets( Due to Gallinari being injured)
    East
    1. Heat
    2. Bulls
    3. Pacers
    4. Knicks
    5. Nets
    6. Hawks
    7. Wizards
    8. Pistons

Darius22
    Participant

West
    1. Thunder
    2. Spurs
    3. Rockets
    4. Warriors
    5. Clippers
    6. Grizzlies
    7. Pelicans
    8. Nuggets( Due to Gallinari being injured)
    East
    1. Heat
    2. Bulls
    3. Pacers
    4. Knicks
    5. Nets
    6. Hawks
    7. Wizards
    8. Pistons

GottaBeTheShoes
    Participant

West
    1. Thunder
    2. Rockets, I think the Rockets will be even better than possibly expected, they’re pretty deep, I love Parsons’ game and it keeps getting better, if they can find a better PG for their offense I think it’ll be a close race for a 2 seed.
    3. Warriors
    4. Clippers
    5. Spurs, As good as Kawhi has looked recently, I just think this team ages even more this year and struggles with the incredibly tough west, I’m not a huge fan of their FA moves, especially bringing Manu back for so much money.
    6. Grizzlies, I think they could be anywhere from 2-8, a lot relies on the new coach and their team staying healthy etc.
    7 and 8. Anyone between Denver, Minnesota, Portland, NO, and maybe even a surprise team. It’s really unpredictable if you ask me.

Just my input on the nuggets and the fact I’m not buying them as being automatically in the playoffs: I’m not sure the Nuggets will even make the playoffs if they don’t make a couple moves in either FA or Trade.. I’ve heard they’re shopping Andre Miller in order to create space for say Monta Ellis (who is nearing a signing with Atlanta so they better hurry fast). Hickson was an interesting move, they’re stacked at the 4 but I like Hickson’s game anyways and the Nuggets love to have a lot of depth. But without Iguodala and Gallo being out for most of the year, this squad loses a lot of their game. I also feel Karl had inflated their wins a bit and I wonder what Shaw will do with this squad. It’ll be interesting what they do by the time the season starts.

East
    1. Heat,
    2. Bulls, Derrick Rose sat out to be 100%, I want to see 100% Derrick Rose. If he can be his old self, I think the Bulls are likely to be between 1-3 (don’t forget the Bulls were the #1 seed a couple times when they had a healthy Rose)
    3. Pacers, Their Bench should be a little better, I’ve heard they’re having trouble trading away Granger, so we’ll see, I want to see a breakout season from PG as he showed what he’s capable of in the playoffs.
    4. Nets, They have a tremendous starting 5, but to keep all 5 of them healthy will be a real challenge, if they can do that they can be as good as anybody.
    5. Knicks, I’m surprised the Knicks did so well last year in the regular season, maybe they’ll surprise me again.
    6. Wizards, I love this team’s squad, If Beal can continue improvements, and if they can stay healthy, and they make another move in FA, I think this team has the playoffs coming. Maybe even do some damage.
    7. Pistons, The Josh Smith pickup I don’t like, but it does make them a better team and a playoff team, they’ve got a scary good frontcourt, and a deep backcourt, They really need their backcourt players to improve and KCP to be the player that he’s expected to be.
    8. Cavs, I think they beat out the Hawks in the last few games (if the Hawks get Ellis) if not then they should be there this year, I wasn’t a big fan of the Bennett pick, but we’ll see if it works, either way this should be a playoff team as long as Kyrie plays at a high level, and Varejao doesn’t miss a large chunk of time. If Bynum goes to them and somehow stays somewhat healthy, they could get an even higher seed.

By the way, I just wrote commas instead of periods and punctuation because I was lazy and I liked the flow even though it wasn’t correct punctuation or grammar.

GottaBeTheShoes
    Participant

West
    1. Thunder
    2. Rockets, I think the Rockets will be even better than possibly expected, they’re pretty deep, I love Parsons’ game and it keeps getting better, if they can find a better PG for their offense I think it’ll be a close race for a 2 seed.
    3. Warriors
    4. Clippers
    5. Spurs, As good as Kawhi has looked recently, I just think this team ages even more this year and struggles with the incredibly tough west, I’m not a huge fan of their FA moves, especially bringing Manu back for so much money.
    6. Grizzlies, I think they could be anywhere from 2-8, a lot relies on the new coach and their team staying healthy etc.
    7 and 8. Anyone between Denver, Minnesota, Portland, NO, and maybe even a surprise team. It’s really unpredictable if you ask me.

Just my input on the nuggets and the fact I’m not buying them as being automatically in the playoffs: I’m not sure the Nuggets will even make the playoffs if they don’t make a couple moves in either FA or Trade.. I’ve heard they’re shopping Andre Miller in order to create space for say Monta Ellis (who is nearing a signing with Atlanta so they better hurry fast). Hickson was an interesting move, they’re stacked at the 4 but I like Hickson’s game anyways and the Nuggets love to have a lot of depth. But without Iguodala and Gallo being out for most of the year, this squad loses a lot of their game. I also feel Karl had inflated their wins a bit and I wonder what Shaw will do with this squad. It’ll be interesting what they do by the time the season starts.

East
    1. Heat,
    2. Bulls, Derrick Rose sat out to be 100%, I want to see 100% Derrick Rose. If he can be his old self, I think the Bulls are likely to be between 1-3 (don’t forget the Bulls were the #1 seed a couple times when they had a healthy Rose)
    3. Pacers, Their Bench should be a little better, I’ve heard they’re having trouble trading away Granger, so we’ll see, I want to see a breakout season from PG as he showed what he’s capable of in the playoffs.
    4. Nets, They have a tremendous starting 5, but to keep all 5 of them healthy will be a real challenge, if they can do that they can be as good as anybody.
    5. Knicks, I’m surprised the Knicks did so well last year in the regular season, maybe they’ll surprise me again.
    6. Wizards, I love this team’s squad, If Beal can continue improvements, and if they can stay healthy, and they make another move in FA, I think this team has the playoffs coming. Maybe even do some damage.
    7. Pistons, The Josh Smith pickup I don’t like, but it does make them a better team and a playoff team, they’ve got a scary good frontcourt, and a deep backcourt, They really need their backcourt players to improve and KCP to be the player that he’s expected to be.
    8. Cavs, I think they beat out the Hawks in the last few games (if the Hawks get Ellis) if not then they should be there this year, I wasn’t a big fan of the Bennett pick, but we’ll see if it works, either way this should be a playoff team as long as Kyrie plays at a high level, and Varejao doesn’t miss a large chunk of time. If Bynum goes to them and somehow stays somewhat healthy, they could get an even higher seed.

By the way, I just wrote commas instead of periods and punctuation because I was lazy and I liked the flow even though it wasn’t correct punctuation or grammar.

Grandmama
    Participant

West

1. Oklahoma City
    2. San Antonio
    3. Clippers
    4. Golden State
    5. Houston
    6. Memphis
    7. Denver
    8. Portland

East

1. Miami
    2. Chicago
    3. Indiana
    4. Brooklyn
    5. New York
    6. Washington
    7. Detroit
    8. Cleveland

Grandmama
    Participant

West

1. Oklahoma City
    2. San Antonio
    3. Clippers
    4. Golden State
    5. Houston
    6. Memphis
    7. Denver
    8. Portland

East

1. Miami
    2. Chicago
    3. Indiana
    4. Brooklyn
    5. New York
    6. Washington
    7. Detroit
    8. Cleveland

Darius22
      Participant

Lol Portland over New Orleans and Minnesota not a chance

Darius22
      Participant

Lol Portland over New Orleans and Minnesota not a chance

Grandmama
        Participant

Is that so?

Grandmama
        Participant

Is that so?

McDunkin

It don’t even matter…..Bucks in 6

McDunkin

It don’t even matter…..Bucks in 6

Forte IV
    Participant

No homer, but I’m going to be bold and say the Clippers are a top two seed in the west next season. For a solid 2 weeks they were the best team in the league. Literally, they had the best record. Now that we have a better coach I honestly think if we ever get into a position where we have the best record, we will keep it. This team with Vinny is a 3-5 seed. But with Doc, its top 2.

Forte IV
    Participant

No homer, but I’m going to be bold and say the Clippers are a top two seed in the west next season. For a solid 2 weeks they were the best team in the league. Literally, they had the best record. Now that we have a better coach I honestly think if we ever get into a position where we have the best record, we will keep it. This team with Vinny is a 3-5 seed. But with Doc, its top 2.

B-ball fan
    Participant

East:

1. Miami Heat
    2. Chicago Bulls
    3. Indiana Pacers
    4. Brooklyn Nets
    5. New York Knicks
    6. Washington Wizards
    7. Boston Celtics
    8. Detroit Pistons

West:

1. Oklahoma City Thunder
    2. San Antonio Spurs
    3. Houston Rockets
    4. Los Angeles Clippers
    5. Golden State Warriors
    6. Memphis Grizzlies
    7. Minnesota Timberwolves
    8. New Orleans Pelicans

B-ball fan
    Participant

East:

1. Miami Heat
    2. Chicago Bulls
    3. Indiana Pacers
    4. Brooklyn Nets
    5. New York Knicks
    6. Washington Wizards
    7. Boston Celtics
    8. Detroit Pistons

West:

1. Oklahoma City Thunder
    2. San Antonio Spurs
    3. Houston Rockets
    4. Los Angeles Clippers
    5. Golden State Warriors
    6. Memphis Grizzlies
    7. Minnesota Timberwolves
    8. New Orleans Pelicans

Toronto16
    Participant

The Celtics^^^????

Toronto16
    Participant

The Celtics^^^????

B-ball fan
      Participant

I’m assuming they won’t trade Rondo and he makes a return at some point. The East is really weak. Most people have the Cavs making it and they were not very good last year and lack experience. The Celtics should be able to play defense well enough to squeak in. The 7th and 8th seeds are really a toss-up, though.

B-ball fan
      Participant

I’m assuming they won’t trade Rondo and he makes a return at some point. The East is really weak. Most people have the Cavs making it and they were not very good last year and lack experience. The Celtics should be able to play defense well enough to squeak in. The 7th and 8th seeds are really a toss-up, though.

rwd5035
    Participant

Let’s wait for free agency to get done before we make these predictions.

rwd5035
    Participant

Let’s wait for free agency to get done before we make these predictions.

WarblingSpamalope
    Participant

Am I the only one that questions the Warriors offseason? They let the bench scoring punch go and used their salary cap to push Barnes to the bench. They will get great minutes out of the 2/3 spots. Steph Curry, Lee, and Bogut all are injury concerns without quality backups.

WarblingSpamalope
    Participant

Am I the only one that questions the Warriors offseason? They let the bench scoring punch go and used their salary cap to push Barnes to the bench. They will get great minutes out of the 2/3 spots. Steph Curry, Lee, and Bogut all are injury concerns without quality backups.

CameronCrazy11
    Participant

East
    1. Miami Heat-The two-time reigning champs look to go for the legendary 3-peat in the 4th season of the Big 3 era. Although D-Wade was showing signs of breaking down this season, I still see him being a solid contributor once again. The big thing though is obviously LeBron. He’s still the best player in the world and will help carry the Heat to the best record in the NBA once again.
    Projected Record: 61-21
    2. Chicago Bulls-Derrick Rose will be back, and I’m expecting him to be as good as ever. The Bulls quite possibly might have the best overall starting 5 in the NBA along with a very solid bench. Coach Thibs will have them playing their usual hard-nosed defense too that can frustrate just about every team in the league.
    Projected Record: 56-26
    3. Indiana Pacers-Many people saw just how good the Pacers can be with their to the Eastern Conference Finals in the 2013 playoffs. With Danny Granger returning either as a starter or 6th man, the Pacers will now be deeper and have another scorer to go to. Like the Bulls, you know the Pacers will play great defense too.
    Projected Record: 53-29
    4. Brooklyn Nets-The Nets made the blockbuster trade in acquiring Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, and Jason Terry from the Celtics. While I’m not a huge fan of this deal, it still will make the Nets more competitive none the less. The Nets now have one of the best starting lineups in the NBA. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Nets finish anywhere from 2-5 when the season concludes.
    Projected Record: 52-30
    5. New York Knicks-Another team that made a pretty major trade when they acquired Andrea Bargnani from the Raptors. Bringing back J.R. Smith should also be a big move too (provided he stays away from night clubs) since he was the 6th man of the year after all. Carmelo Anthony is coming off one of his best seasons of his career too, and I’m expecting him to carry that into next season.
    Projected Record: 49-33
    6. Washington Wizards-The Wizards looked abysmal early on this past season, but when John Wall returned this looked like a team that could’ve made the playoffs had he been healthy all season. I’m a believer in this young Wizards team and love their backcourt trio of Wall, Brad Beal, and Otto Porter. This is a team that I’m expecting to finally breakthrough into the playoffs this year and continue to move up into the upper tier of teams in the East.
    Projected Record: 44-38
    7. Detroit Pistons-By adding Josh Smith, the Pistons made their good front court even better. Led by Greg Monroe and Smith, I think the Pistons can sneak into the playoffs this season in a weakened Eastern Conference. A big key for them will be if Brandon Knight can be the point guard that they need or if will ultimately be a combo guard. Also, I’m expecting Kentavious Caldwell-Pope to be a key contributor for Detroit right away as well.
    Projected Record: 40-42
    8. Cleveland Cavaliers-This pick is made assuming the Cavs do not pick up Andrew Bynum in free agency. Kyrie Irving is quite possibly the best young basketball player on the planet and is the face of the franchise. I still think this team is a few years away from competing in the East, but if they can get a healthy Andrew Bynum to pair with Kyrie Irving, that could be scary. That’s a big if though.
    Projected Record: 39-43

West
    1. Oklahoma City Thunder-To say that the West will be stronger than the East is a severe understatement. The Thunder got bounced early on last season to the Grizzlies, but Russell Westbrook will be back and should be healthy. Not to mention, All-NBA player Kevin Durant is also on the team. Their bench concerns me, but the talent is there. They just need playing time to show it. Expect the Thunder to return back to the top of the West this season.
    Projected Record: 60-22
    2. Los Angeles Clippers-Well the Clippers got Chris Paul back, got Doc Rivers as their head coach, and got a great shooter off the bench in J.J. Redick. The Clippers were disappointing near the end of the season last year, but I think that showed their lack of experience in playoffs situations more than anything else. After another year of gelling, I think the Clippers will be even better this next season.
    Projected Record: 58-24
    3. San Antonio Spurs-The Spurs will just not go away. Even though their Big 3 are aging, I’m still think the Spurs will be among the best in the West. I’m too much of a believer in Coach Pop and Tim Duncan to let this team slip too far.
    4. Houston Rockets-Gaining Dwight Howard is big for this young team that was lacking a go to big man down low. Along with Howard, you have another star player in James Harden and another great youngster in Chandler Parsons. The Rockets still have to prove that they can win after making big moves as it’s not always guaranteed success (cough, Lakers, cough cough) but I think Dwight will play more like his Orlando days this season than his one season in LA.
    Projected Record: 54-28
    5. Golden State Warriors-Stephen Curry showed that he is the best shooter in the NBA during the Warriors playoff run. That run must have impressed one of his opponents as Andre Iguodala decided to leave Denver to head to Oakland. Mark Jackson has these guys believing in themselves, and they can compete with anyone.
    6. Memphis Grizzlies-The Grizzlies kept their starting five intact but let their coach Lionel Hollins walk. The Grizzlies proved that they are for real this season with their run to the Western Conference Finals. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Grizzlies as high as the number two seed either. It just goes to show how tight the West will be this season.
    7. Minnesota Timberwolves-This pick is made assuming the T-Wolves can finally stay healthy. When healthy, there is no doubt that this is a playoff team. Unfortunately, that’s easier said than done. I hope they can live up to their potential and get a playoff spot this season and think they will do it.
    Projected Record: 46-36
    8. New Orleans Pelicans-What a difference a few trades can make. Adding Jrue Holiday was huge for this young team giving them a leader at point guard who has proven he can play at an elite level. Not to mention, Anthony Davis getting more accustomed to the NBA in his second season. Plus Eric Gordon and Tyreke Evans on the wings are two guys that can score. I really like what the Pelicans (still not used to that) did this offseason.

CameronCrazy11
    Participant

East
    1. Miami Heat-The two-time reigning champs look to go for the legendary 3-peat in the 4th season of the Big 3 era. Although D-Wade was showing signs of breaking down this season, I still see him being a solid contributor once again. The big thing though is obviously LeBron. He’s still the best player in the world and will help carry the Heat to the best record in the NBA once again.
    Projected Record: 61-21
    2. Chicago Bulls-Derrick Rose will be back, and I’m expecting him to be as good as ever. The Bulls quite possibly might have the best overall starting 5 in the NBA along with a very solid bench. Coach Thibs will have them playing their usual hard-nosed defense too that can frustrate just about every team in the league.
    3. Indiana Pacers-Many people saw just how good the Pacers can be with their to the Eastern Conference Finals in the 2013 playoffs. With Danny Granger returning either as a starter or 6th man, the Pacers will now be deeper and have another scorer to go to. Like the Bulls, you know the Pacers will play great defense too.
    4. Brooklyn Nets-The Nets made the blockbuster trade in acquiring Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, and Jason Terry from the Celtics. While I’m not a huge fan of this deal, it still will make the Nets more competitive none the less. The Nets now have one of the best starting lineups in the NBA. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Nets finish anywhere from 2-5 when the season concludes.
    Projected Record: 52-30
    5. New York Knicks-Another team that made a pretty major trade when they acquired Andrea Bargnani from the Raptors. Bringing back J.R. Smith should also be a big move too (provided he stays away from night clubs) since he was the 6th man of the year after all. Carmelo Anthony is coming off one of his best seasons of his career too, and I’m expecting him to carry that into next season.
    6. Washington Wizards-The Wizards looked abysmal early on this past season, but when John Wall returned this looked like a team that could’ve made the playoffs had he been healthy all season. I’m a believer in this young Wizards team and love their backcourt trio of Wall, Brad Beal, and Otto Porter. This is a team that I’m expecting to finally breakthrough into the playoffs this year and continue to move up into the upper tier of teams in the East.
    7. Detroit Pistons-By adding Josh Smith, the Pistons made their good front court even better. Led by Greg Monroe and Smith, I think the Pistons can sneak into the playoffs this season in a weakened Eastern Conference. A big key for them will be if Brandon Knight can be the point guard that they need or if will ultimately be a combo guard. Also, I’m expecting Kentavious Caldwell-Pope to be a key contributor for Detroit right away as well.
    Projected Record: 40-42
    8. Cleveland Cavaliers-This pick is made assuming the Cavs do not pick up Andrew Bynum in free agency. Kyrie Irving is quite possibly the best young basketball player on the planet and is the face of the franchise. I still think this team is a few years away from competing in the East, but if they can get a healthy Andrew Bynum to pair with Kyrie Irving, that could be scary. That’s a big if though.
    Projected Record: 39-43

West
    1. Oklahoma City Thunder-To say that the West will be stronger than the East is a severe understatement. The Thunder got bounced early on last season to the Grizzlies, but Russell Westbrook will be back and should be healthy. Not to mention, All-NBA player Kevin Durant is also on the team. Their bench concerns me, but the talent is there. They just need playing time to show it. Expect the Thunder to return back to the top of the West this season.
    Projected Record: 60-22
    2. Los Angeles Clippers-Well the Clippers got Chris Paul back, got Doc Rivers as their head coach, and got a great shooter off the bench in J.J. Redick. The Clippers were disappointing near the end of the season last year, but I think that showed their lack of experience in playoffs situations more than anything else. After another year of gelling, I think the Clippers will be even better this next season.
    Projected Record: 58-24
    3. San Antonio Spurs-The Spurs will just not go away. Even though their Big 3 are aging, I’m still think the Spurs will be among the best in the West. I’m too much of a believer in Coach Pop and Tim Duncan to let this team slip too far.
    4. Houston Rockets-Gaining Dwight Howard is big for this young team that was lacking a go to big man down low. Along with Howard, you have another star player in James Harden and another great youngster in Chandler Parsons. The Rockets still have to prove that they can win after making big moves as it’s not always guaranteed success (cough, Lakers, cough cough) but I think Dwight will play more like his Orlando days this season than his one season in LA.
    Projected Record: 54-28
    5. Golden State Warriors-Stephen Curry showed that he is the best shooter in the NBA during the Warriors playoff run. That run must have impressed one of his opponents as Andre Iguodala decided to leave Denver to head to Oakland. Mark Jackson has these guys believing in themselves, and they can compete with anyone.
    6. Memphis Grizzlies-The Grizzlies kept their starting five intact but let their coach Lionel Hollins walk. The Grizzlies proved that they are for real this season with their run to the Western Conference Finals. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Grizzlies as high as the number two seed either. It just goes to show how tight the West will be this season.
    7. Minnesota Timberwolves-This pick is made assuming the T-Wolves can finally stay healthy. When healthy, there is no doubt that this is a playoff team. Unfortunately, that’s easier said than done. I hope they can live up to their potential and get a playoff spot this season and think they will do it.
    Projected Record: 46-36
    8. New Orleans Pelicans-What a difference a few trades can make. Adding Jrue Holiday was huge for this young team giving them a leader at point guard who has proven he can play at an elite level. Not to mention, Anthony Davis getting more accustomed to the NBA in his second season. Plus Eric Gordon and Tyreke Evans on the wings are two guys that can score. I really like what the Pelicans (still not used to that) did this offseason.

Bmore_DC
    Participant

I think you guys are putting the Wiz a little too high…all they did was add Otto Porter and Maynor…they will be lucky to get the 8th seed.

Bmore_DC
    Participant

I think you guys are putting the Wiz a little too high…all they did was add Otto Porter and Maynor…they will be lucky to get the 8th seed.

Toronto16
    Participant

But don’t forget Wall and Beal are going to be better.

Toronto16
    Participant

But don’t forget Wall and Beal are going to be better.

417basketballfan
    Participant

Don’t forget about the raptors. They will have gay for an entire season, and if Ross and Valanciunas keep improving they will be solid.

417basketballfan
    Participant

Don’t forget about the raptors. They will have gay for an entire season, and if Ross and Valanciunas keep improving they will be solid.

Toronto16
    Participant

I do not want the Raptors to make the playoffs. #Wiggins

Toronto16
    Participant

I do not want the Raptors to make the playoffs. #Wiggins

R-Dot-13
    Participant

I really.. really hope the Raptors miss the playoffs.

R-Dot-13
    Participant

I really.. really hope the Raptors miss the playoffs.

Mad Max
    Participant

EAST
    1. Miami
    2. Chicago
    3. Indiana
    4. Brooklyn
    5. New York
    6. Washington
    7. Atlanta
    8. Cleveland

WEST
    1. OKC
    2. Los Angeles Clippers
    3. Golden State
    4. San Antonio
    5. Houston
    6. Memphis
    7. Minnesota
    8. New Orleans

Mad Max
    Participant

EAST
    1. Miami
    2. Chicago
    3. Indiana
    4. Brooklyn
    5. New York
    6. Washington
    7. Atlanta
    8. Cleveland

WEST
    1. OKC
    2. Los Angeles Clippers
    3. Golden State
    4. San Antonio
    5. Houston
    6. Memphis
    7. Minnesota
    8. New Orleans

cornegg
    Participant

West East
    1 OKC 1 MIA
    2 LAC 2 IND
    3 HOU 3 BRN
    4 GSW 4 CHI
    5 SAS 5 NYK
    6 MEM 6 WAS
    7 MIN 7 BOS
    8 POR 8 ATL

cornegg
    Participant

West East
    1 OKC 1 MIA
    2 LAC 2 IND
    3 HOU 3 BRN
    4 GSW 4 CHI
    5 SAS 5 NYK
    6 MEM 6 WAS
    7 MIN 7 BOS
    8 POR 8 ATL

ItsRainingNegs
    Participant

1. Miami Heat
    2. Chicago Bulls
    3. Indiana Pacers
    4. Brooklyn Nets
    5. New York Knicks
    6. Cleveland Cavaliers
    7. Washington Wizards
    8. Toronto Raptors (if Rudy Gay is kept for the entire season)

9. Detroit Pistons
    10. Atlanta Hawks
    11. Boston Celtics
    12. Charlotte Bobcats
    13. Philadelphia 76ers
    14. Orlando Magic
    15. Milwaukee Bucks

West:
    1. Houston Rockets
    2. Oklahoma City Thunder
    3. Los Angeles Clippers
    4. Golden State Warriors
    5. Memphis Grizzlies
    6. San Antonio Spurs
    7. Denver Nuggets
    8. Minnesota Timberwolves

9. New Orleans Pelicans
    10. Portland Trailblazers
    11. Dallas Mavericks
    12. Los Angeles Lakers
    13. Sacramento Kings
    14. Utah Jazz
    15. Phoenix Suns

A couple of things: I think Houston will experience a meteoric rise with the addition of Dwight Howard on their team. Asik as the backup center is a luxury not many teams have and Patrick Beverley is the defensive stopper for other point guards Jeremy Lin will never be. Parsons will continue to improve and James Harden is the go to scorer every team needs. I’m not sure if the Pistons will mesh their first season. KCP’s a rookie and Andre Drummond’s still extremely young. Will Brandon Knight be able to improve into an all around point guard? I’m not sure. I think Rudy Gay can lead Toronto to the playoffs in a full offseason with the team. I have Philly higher than even I expected because of the playoffs experience Thad Young, Evan Turner, and Spencer Hawes have. I also think Milwaukee is going to bottom out this season. Utah will have a rough first year without Jefferson and Millsap but they have a very bright future. The Spurs will be good this year and will be in the mix in a very strong conference. Other than that I think most other rankings speak for themselves.

ItsRainingNegs
    Participant

1. Miami Heat
    2. Chicago Bulls
    3. Indiana Pacers
    4. Brooklyn Nets
    5. New York Knicks
    6. Cleveland Cavaliers
    7. Washington Wizards
    8. Toronto Raptors (if Rudy Gay is kept for the entire season)

9. Detroit Pistons
    10. Atlanta Hawks
    11. Boston Celtics
    12. Charlotte Bobcats
    13. Philadelphia 76ers
    14. Orlando Magic
    15. Milwaukee Bucks

West:
    1. Houston Rockets
    2. Oklahoma City Thunder
    3. Los Angeles Clippers
    4. Golden State Warriors
    5. Memphis Grizzlies
    6. San Antonio Spurs
    7. Denver Nuggets
    8. Minnesota Timberwolves

9. New Orleans Pelicans
    10. Portland Trailblazers
    11. Dallas Mavericks
    12. Los Angeles Lakers
    13. Sacramento Kings
    14. Utah Jazz
    15. Phoenix Suns

A couple of things: I think Houston will experience a meteoric rise with the addition of Dwight Howard on their team. Asik as the backup center is a luxury not many teams have and Patrick Beverley is the defensive stopper for other point guards Jeremy Lin will never be. Parsons will continue to improve and James Harden is the go to scorer every team needs. I’m not sure if the Pistons will mesh their first season. KCP’s a rookie and Andre Drummond’s still extremely young. Will Brandon Knight be able to improve into an all around point guard? I’m not sure. I think Rudy Gay can lead Toronto to the playoffs in a full offseason with the team. I have Philly higher than even I expected because of the playoffs experience Thad Young, Evan Turner, and Spencer Hawes have. I also think Milwaukee is going to bottom out this season. Utah will have a rough first year without Jefferson and Millsap but they have a very bright future. The Spurs will be good this year and will be in the mix in a very strong conference. Other than that I think most other rankings speak for themselves.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login