This topic contains 24 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar WITNESS2014 10 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    qDizzle32
    Participant

Where do you predict these top ranked un-commited 2014 prospects will land?

Jahlil Okafor/Tyus Jones (Likely a package)
    Considering : Michigan State, Baylor, Kentucky, Duke and Kansas

Cliff Alexander
    Considering: Indiana, Michigan State, Kentucky, Louisville, Memphis, Kansas and Illinois

Trey Lyles
    Considering: Louisville, Kentucky, Florida and Butler

Emmanuel Mudiay
    Considering: Kentucky, Baylor, Oklahoma State, SMU and Kansas

Myles Turner
    Considering: Texas, Duke, Louisville, Kentucky, Arizona, Kansas and Ohio State

Justise Winslow
    Considering: Duke, Florida, Kentucky, Arizona and Kansas

Stanley Johnson
    Considering: Kentucky, UCLA, USC, Arizona, Louisville and Oregon

Rashad Vaughn:
    Considering: Minnesota, UNLV, North Carolina, Iowa State, Kansas, Baylor and Georgetown

ph90702

Rashad Vaughn to UNLV. Okafor and Jones to Duke.

ph90702

Rashad Vaughn to UNLV. Okafor and Jones to Duke.

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

Jahlil/Tyus: Duke

Cliff Alexander: Michigan State

Trey Lyles: Kentucky

Emmanuel Mudiay: Kentucky

Myles Turner: Kansas

Justise Winslow: Duke

Stanley Johnson: Arizona

Rashad Vaughn: Kansas

Doubt I am right about many of these, though am most confident about Jahlil/Tyus going to Duke. Have heard from a Minnesota based source that Tyus has been a Duke lean for a long time, think Jahlil follows suit despite his fathers claims to the contrary as of current time. Everyone else is just a guess. Think Justise may indeed follow Jahlil and Tyus, Stanley Johnson could easily go to Kentucky (though would not count out Kelly Oubre taking the SF spot) and Trey might hit up Louisville. Think Lyles at Louisville would be a great fit, though he and Karl Towns would be a really interesting front court pairing (not to mention a likely Hoop Summit 4/5 combo for 2014).

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

Jahlil/Tyus: Duke

Trey Lyles: Kentucky

Justise Winslow: Duke

Stanley Johnson: Arizona

Rashad Vaughn: Kansas

Doubt I am right about many of these, though am most confident about Jahlil/Tyus going to Duke. Have heard from a Minnesota based source that Tyus has been a Duke lean for a long time, think Jahlil follows suit despite his fathers claims to the contrary as of current time. Everyone else is just a guess. Think Justise may indeed follow Jahlil and Tyus, Stanley Johnson could easily go to Kentucky (though would not count out Kelly Oubre taking the SF spot) and Trey might hit up Louisville. Think Lyles at Louisville would be a great fit, though he and Karl Towns would be a really interesting front court pairing (not to mention a likely Hoop Summit 4/5 combo for 2014).

TarHeelRaven
    Participant

I think Tyus Jones goes to Duke. I know everybody thinks Jones and Okafor are a package deal. I read an article recently that said Okafor was irritated about all the rumors that he would be going to Duke. I think he goes somewhere that will better develop his low post skills and I think that destination will be Tom Izzo and the Michigan State Spartans.

TarHeelRaven
    Participant

I think Tyus Jones goes to Duke. I know everybody thinks Jones and Okafor are a package deal. I read an article recently that said Okafor was irritated about all the rumors that he would be going to Duke. I think he goes somewhere that will better develop his low post skills and I think that destination will be Tom Izzo and the Michigan State Spartans.

ph90702

I agree with you. Michigan State likes to play halfcourt, grinding basketball. That’s his style.

ph90702

I agree with you. Michigan State likes to play halfcourt, grinding basketball. That’s his style.

qDizzle32
    Participant

Okafor/Jones: Duke
    Alexander: Michigan State or Indiana
    Lyles: Louisville
    Mudiay: Kentucky
    Turner: Louisville
    Winslow: Florida
    Johnson: Kentucky
    Vaughn: UNLV

qDizzle32
    Participant

Okafor/Jones: Duke
    Alexander: Michigan State or Indiana
    Lyles: Louisville
    Mudiay: Kentucky
    Turner: Louisville
    Winslow: Florida
    Johnson: Kentucky
    Vaughn: UNLV

ph90702

Why did I get negged for Vaughn and Jones/Okafor and you got plussed when we have the same predictions?

ph90702

Why did I get negged for Vaughn and Jones/Okafor and you got plussed when we have the same predictions?

qDizzle32
    Participant

Even as a Kentucky fan, I’ll admit that I don’t think UK would be a good fit for the Okafor and Jones. I’m expecting them to already have Dakari Johnson, Marcus Lee and Karl Towns in the frontcourt, taking minutes away from Okafor. I am expecting Andrew Harrison to be a one and done but if Mudiay commits to UK before Okafor and Jones choose a school, it should already be out.

qDizzle32
    Participant

Even as a Kentucky fan, I’ll admit that I don’t think UK would be a good fit for the Okafor and Jones. I’m expecting them to already have Dakari Johnson, Marcus Lee and Karl Towns in the frontcourt, taking minutes away from Okafor. I am expecting Andrew Harrison to be a one and done but if Mudiay commits to UK before Okafor and Jones choose a school, it should already be out.

Big_C_KU
    Participant

Jahlil Okafor and Tyus Jones to Duke. Duke considered the leader. Ohio State considered the one team that could keep the package from actually happening as its been said Okafor prefers Ohio State the most. I think they end up at Duke though.

Cliff Alexander to Kansas. UK and MSU were considered the early leaders but recruiting analysts have said that KU has been the considered the favorite the last month. Will not be officially visiting MSU or UK and will be attending KU’s Late Night. I think KU ends up signing him.

Trey Lyles to Kentucky. Louisville and UK appear to be damn near neck and neck. I think UK ends up singing Lyles though.

Emmanuel Mudiay to Kentucky. Damn near UK lock. Can’t see him going anywhere else.

Myles Turner to Kansas. Tough choice here. I can’t see both Turner and Alexander going to the same school unless Embiid goes pro. KU is considered the leader for Turner right now. Turner seems to be looking to sign late though so things could change should KU get a commitment from Alexander in the fall and Embiid look like he’s not going pro.

Justice Winslow to Duke. Arizona or Duke appear neck and neck. Seems to be real close to Jones and Okafor and I think he joins them at Duke.

Stanley Johnson to Kentucky. UK seems to have a slight lead over Arizona. I think UK will be tough to turn down though.

Rashad Vaughn to Kentucky. Seemed like UNC would be the favorite until they signed several top guards. Really tough call here. I can see him going anywhere on his list. Choosing UK though because they’re so hard to turn down.

Kelly Oubre to Kansas. Kansas has been considered the favorite for a while. Visiting UK for their midnight madness though. They could be the biggest competition for Kansas.

Big_C_KU
    Participant

Jahlil Okafor and Tyus Jones to Duke. Duke considered the leader. Ohio State considered the one team that could keep the package from actually happening as its been said Okafor prefers Ohio State the most. I think they end up at Duke though.

Cliff Alexander to Kansas. UK and MSU were considered the early leaders but recruiting analysts have said that KU has been the considered the favorite the last month. Will not be officially visiting MSU or UK and will be attending KU’s Late Night. I think KU ends up signing him.

Trey Lyles to Kentucky. Louisville and UK appear to be damn near neck and neck. I think UK ends up singing Lyles though.

Emmanuel Mudiay to Kentucky. Damn near UK lock. Can’t see him going anywhere else.

Myles Turner to Kansas. Tough choice here. I can’t see both Turner and Alexander going to the same school unless Embiid goes pro. KU is considered the leader for Turner right now. Turner seems to be looking to sign late though so things could change should KU get a commitment from Alexander in the fall and Embiid look like he’s not going pro.

Justice Winslow to Duke. Arizona or Duke appear neck and neck. Seems to be real close to Jones and Okafor and I think he joins them at Duke.

Stanley Johnson to Kentucky. UK seems to have a slight lead over Arizona. I think UK will be tough to turn down though.

Rashad Vaughn to Kentucky. Seemed like UNC would be the favorite until they signed several top guards. Really tough call here. I can see him going anywhere on his list. Choosing UK though because they’re so hard to turn down.

Kelly Oubre to Kansas. Kansas has been considered the favorite for a while. Visiting UK for their midnight madness though. They could be the biggest competition for Kansas.

J_01
    Participant

Jahlil Okafor and Tyus Jones: Duke

Trey Lyles: Louisville

Justice Winslow: Duke

Stanley Johnson: Kentucky

Rashad Vaughn: UNC

J_01
    Participant

Jahlil Okafor and Tyus Jones: Duke

Trey Lyles: Louisville

Justice Winslow: Duke

Stanley Johnson: Kentucky

Rashad Vaughn: UNC

Chilbert arenas
    Participant

Everyone seems convinced Jones and Okafor are going to Duke

I really hope Stanley Johnson goes to Zona but I don’t see him passing up on Kentucky

Chilbert arenas
    Participant

Everyone seems convinced Jones and Okafor are going to Duke

I really hope Stanley Johnson goes to Zona but I don’t see him passing up on Kentucky

Wreckless
    Participant

Duke.

Cliff Alexander
    Michigan State.

Trey Lyles
    Kentucky.

Emmanuel Mudiay
    Kentucky.

Myles Turner
    Kansas.

Justise Winslow
    Arizona.

Stanley Johnson
    Kentucky.

Rashad Vaughn:
    Kentucky.

Wreckless
    Participant

Duke.

Cliff Alexander
    Michigan State.

Trey Lyles
    Kentucky.

Emmanuel Mudiay
    Kentucky.

Myles Turner
    Kansas.

Justise Winslow
    Arizona.

Stanley Johnson
    Kentucky.

Rashad Vaughn:
    Kentucky.

WITNESS2014
    Participant

I remember reading that Okafor was strongly considering Ohio State. This was because Sullinger and him have same style of play and Thad Matta would play to his strengths. I see Jones Going to Duke.

WITNESS2014
    Participant

I remember reading that Okafor was strongly considering Ohio State. This was because Sullinger and him have same style of play and Thad Matta would play to his strengths. I see Jones Going to Duke.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login