Just thought it would be interesting to see who everyone thinks will be a top 5 player 5 years from now...
We have to remember in 5 years a lot of things can change but here is my potential top 5:
Will be around 33 years old and shows no signs of slowing down. Obvious Lock to me.
Probably will still be scoring 30 with maybe a title or 2 by then. Another Lock.
If he can show he can lead a good team effectively in the next 5 years he can easily be a top 5 player..
It took KD only 3 years to crack the top 5 and 5 years from now Wiggins would have played 3 seasons..Personally,he's the best recruit I've seen since Lebron so I think he has a good chance to be here..
Another tough one, but I think he will develop into the best all around big man by 5 years from now..
I realize other than Lebron and Durant there's probably some good arguments for other guys to be here.
Rose (actually starting to worry about his knee), Cousins, Wall, Westbrook, Griffin, probably forgot some others but these guys could be right there...
Cant put wiggins without first seeing an NBA game
Paul George - showed me alot this season
Cousins- If get in coach and right system will be all NBA for many years
1.Lebron James- still will be so dominant
3.Derrick Rose- If he comes back healthy
4.Andrew Wiggins- has chance to be dominant very quickly
5.Andre Drummond- First center in years who has a chance to be truly dominant, has better hands and basketball iq than Dwight did as a youngster
3.kyrie irving (already one of the best pg'si think he will take his game to the level of top player by then)
4.james harden( already changed the rockets around one of the best all around players in the league)
5.demarus cousins (if he can get clam his emotions he will be the best post player in the league)
1. Bron ( Best All Around Player )
2. Durant ( Best Pure Scorer and SF )
3. Drummond ( Best Big Man )
4. Harden ( Best SG )
5. Irving ( Best PG )
Noone thinks Chris Paul will be top 5?
5. Rose (I think his knee will end up OK and he will only be 29)
To me it seems crazy to put the likes of Cousins, George, Davis and Wiggins over these sure things.
Honorable Mentions: I would put Rose ahead of Harden but I simply don't know how he'll recover. If he goes back to his old self, then he is definitely on there. Also, I didn't put anybody who is not in the NBa yet.
1) Kevin Durant by then he will be the height of his game
2) Lebron James in 5 years i think he will start his decline...and i think only then can we really compare his careers to Bryant...
3)Kyrie Irving...the buzz surrounding this kid is just amazing...they need to surround him with better players or hell be on his way out...but how funny would it be if he gives cleveland there first championship....
4) Derick Rose..people are sleeping on rose but watch hell recover from this...i think it will be best for him to sit this season to make sure he has that full recovery
5) Demarcus Cousins...this is only if he can get the right coach and team...if not then its Blake Griffin...
Wow theres not many Bigs that you can think of that can possibly make that top 5 status....after Anthony davis who else? Andre Drummond? the potential is there but how many bigs with potential have fooled people..
I agree about the bigs...The top 5 players overall is just such an elite group with guys that have the total package..not many big guys recently fit that mold..
I thought about Paul and Melo but I thought both would've slid out of the top 5 by then...
No arguments from me on anybody's additions though...
Everyone mentioned so far has a legitimate shot of being in the discussion... Rose would have been a lock for me but he recently said he couldn't dunk off of one foot yet which kinda worries me..hope he comes back strong though..
You can never really know but my five in no order is Lebron, Durant, Kyrie, Wiggins, and right now i'd say Drummond.
1. LeBron- i believe full-time PF by that time, especially after his efficiency recently, like 25-9-5 60%fg player on a hopefully multiple championship team going for another
2.Durant- will be at his peak and might pick him first maybe
3.D.Rose- i believe he could be next year better than ever already and by that time he will be great, he is too dedicated not to, and as far as winning games he and his Bulls looks even more dangerous than Thunder, i believe he could be a champion by that time
4.Wiggins- most likely 4th his year so i believe he could be well above 25ppg with a great defense, just not a finished product yet at 22-23yo
5.Davis- i believe he will be a perrenial 20/10 guy maybe 23&12 on that year, with 3 plus blocks, nice ft%, GREAT overall defense and team with a very good record
Kyrie-just because he is Kyrie, but somehow I believe by that time we will start to think that maybe he is too much of a scorer from PG position
Cousins-by biggest sleeper to be top5 i love him , but i am afraid he won't get it done
Drummond- i am a huge fan, i actually made a few posts i would take him over Davis but it's too early, let's let him play over 30minutes and ask me again, wouldn't be surprised even if I would take him #3
this site nothing but hoes cant even state a valid argument
so iam going to troll for now on
iam tryna get all negatives 4 rella
#1 Lebron -Has the game to play at the top level for awhile. When his freakish athletism starts to decrease his overall game with allow him to stay 1. Will continue to put up great numbers all round.
#2 Durant - Cannot see him not still putting up monster number on points. By then he should have a ring or two and still putting up 28 a game. Still only be 29.
#3 Irving - This kid will only be 25 when this time comes. As a 20 year old he is putting up 24/5.5, Sky is the limit for him so he has a great chance of being here. Will only get better as the Cavs do behind waiters, zeller and TT. Hopefully will improve defense to add to almost complete game.
#4 Harden - He is so good all round and believe he will continue this. Such a great passer of the ball and scorer. Does it all. Will be 28 so youngish.
#5 Drummond - I really liked Drummond coming out of college and coming into the draft, cannot believe he slipped to 9. I am massive on him and think he will dominant in 5 years. He has Size, mobility, strengt, length which will make him a force. His production this year on limited mintus has been insane. This is my wildcard/smokey.
Wow I knew people on this site were high on Drummond but wow...
I think they are high on something else too...
I'd go with this exactly. Harden will be in his prime and have his own team.
You cant count out Griffin's potential.
1. Durant - Keeps getting better.
2. Lebron - Just thought i put him at two to see how many haters gonna hate
3. Westbrook - Still young and will still be the most athletic player in the NBA
4. Irving - Stud, but for him to realize his potential he needs players that can hold their own
5. Derrick Rose - He will be back, and he will probably be a better shooter when he gets back.
No way Davis cracks the top 5. Maybe top 5 centers, but not the top five players.
I am excited to see Wiggins play, but i agree with what others said - how can we say he will be top 5 if he hasn't played an NBA game?
The odds of Drummond will actually be a top 5 player in the league is extremely unlikely...I'd Go
Honorables: Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker, Russell Westbrook, Blake Griffin, and major major stretch, DeMarcus Cousins.
Surprised i dont see more of Damian Lillards name...not saying he is 100% in my top 5, but hes close...
Drummond definitely has the potential to be top 5. I think he will at least be a top 5 center, and probably top 20 player.
1. Lebron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. Kyrie Irving
4. Derrick Rose
5. Andrew Wiggins / Jabari Parker
1. Kevin Durant- He'll be in that stage of his career where he's figured out how to be unstoppable and will be an elite defender(he's already almost there)
2.. Lebron James- Expect him to be an absolute beast even at 33.
3. DeMarcus Cousins- I know I'm going to get negged but he's been my boy since day 1, he's going to be a superstar of the highest order and the most dominant center since Shaq
4. Kyrie- Already becoming a Superstar and get this: HE'S ONLY 20 YEARS OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sky is the limit for him.
5. Westbrook- Hear me out, he's already considered a top 10 player, and I know there's a argument to be made about his athleticism possibly declining, but imagine if he gets even a slightly better shot selection, he's also going to be amazing.
You could put Rose instead of Westbrook, I'm just biased toward Russ.