This topic contains 18 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar llperez 13 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    jjmass22
    Participant

NaMe your all NBA 1990’s team vs all 2000’s team and then state who you think would win.

My 1990’s. My 2000’s
    1 John stockton. 1 Jason Kidd
    2 Michael Jordan 2 Kobe
    3 Scottie Pippen. 3 lebron
    4 Karl Malone. 4 Tim duncan
    5 Hakeem Olajuwon 5 shaq

bench. Bench
    1 Gary Payton. 1 Steve Nash
    2 clyde drexler. 2 Allen iverson
    3 charles Barkley 3 dwayne Wade
    4 Patrick Ewing 4 Dirk
    5 David Robinson. 5 Kevin Garnett

Coach Coach
    Phil Jackson. Phil Jackson

I know some bench guys are out of position but these guys were the best in each decade, or if career was played in both what I feel they did there best work in. Magic, bird, Dominque ishah to me were 80’s. Anyway I got the 1990’s winning. Let me know who your team is and who u got winning
    Sorry did this post on my iPhone spacing turns out sucky

Toronto16
    Participant

Why would you have Phil Jackson as the coach of both teams? What about Greg Poppovich?

joecheck88
    Participant

i would have Phil coaching both teams because he won 4 in the 2000’s(2000-2009, so this year doesn’t count) and he won 6 in the 90’s. But if you don’t want to use Phil twice, Gregg Popovich would be the next best choice. I think the 2000’s have a better starting lineup but the 90’s bench is very good. It would be a good game but i think the 90’s win because Jordan can beat Kobe on offense and defense, meaning Jordan would stop Kobe from winning with a game winning shot at the buzzer and Kobe couldn’t stop Jordan from winning with a last second shot.

Malik-Universal
    Participant

i say 1990’s is better

NESTO1977
    Participant

Shaq should be on the 90’s roster

jjmass22
    Participant

Shaq won his 4 titles in the 2000’s and had his best years there, that’s y I thought he should be on the 2000’s

dipt1982
    Participant

Shaq won all of his rings after 2000, why would he be on the 90’s roster???

Damn trinajoe, u really hating on Kobe like that, he can’t stop Jordan, but Jordan would definitely stop him??? WOW!

I think the 90’s would prevail as well, just too many Hall of Famers, it would be an interesting game. This is all debate as it will never happen, but the 90’s team is overall too talented…

llperez

Shaq could easily go on either squad. His prime was probably 1999-2002, but he was a beast since he entered the league and has slowed down considerably in the latter half of the 2000’s decade. I would put him on the 90’s personally.

My teams:
    1990’s:
    starters
    c-shaquille oneal
    pf-karl malone
    sf-grant hill
    sg-michael jordan
    pg-gary payton
    bench-john stockton, charles barkley, scottie pippen, hakeem olajuwon, david robinson, penny hardaway, mitch richmond

2000’s:
    starters
    c-tim duncan
    pf-kevin garnett
    sf-lebron james
    sg-kobe bryant
    pg-steve nash
    bench-jason kidd, dwyane wade, allen iverson, yao ming, dwight howard, dirk nowitzki, chris paul, tracy mcgrady

llperez

looking at my list, i would prbably go with the 90’s team, but any squad with wade and a prime iverson and prime tmac coming off the bench would be nasty.

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

1990’s

Head Coach – Phil Jackson: He won six titles in the 90’s.

C – Hakeem Olajuwon: I like him over Robinson by a hair. He didn’t face Jordan during his two titles, but Houston beat some good teams and Olajuwon outplayed a lot of great centers and players.

PF – Karl Malone: I think he’s the greatest power forward ever… He could play during any era.

SF – Scottie Pippen: I like him over the injury proned Hill. Pippen was a premier point forward with length, athleticism and versatility on the defensive end. He could defend and play four positions.

SG – Michael Jordan: No brainer. The greatest wing to ever play.

PG – Gary Payton: Superior defensively to Stockton and he had the better offensive game.

Bench: Charles Barkley, Mich Richmond, Grant Hill, David Robinson, Patrick Ewing, John Stockton, Tim Hardaway, Penny Hardaway and Clyde Drexler.

2000’s

Head Coach – It should be Phil Jackson, but I’ll go with Gregg Popovich since Phil is already coaching the 90’s squad. Pop won three championships this decade, so he isn’t a chump pick.

C: Shaquille O’Neal – Six All-NBA 1st Teams in the 2000’s compared to only two in the 90’s. Three NBA titles in the 2000’s compared to zero in the 90’s.

PF: Tim Duncan – Arguably the greatest power forward ever.

SF: LeBron James – He edges out KG, despite having no rings. LeBron finished the decade strong despite winning no rings, while KG slowed down due to injury.

SG: Kobe Bryant – No brainer. The second greatest wing to ever play in my opinion.

PG: Jason Kidd – Superior to Nash defensively, plus Nash’s stats have been slightly inflated since he joined the Suns.

Bench: Dirk Nowitzki, Kevin Garnett, Dwight Howard, Yao Ming, Allen Iverson, Tracy McGrady, Steve Nash, Chris Webber and Dwayne Wade.

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

And I like the 90’s to win.

Hakeem probably couldn’t stop Shaq, but Ewing and Robinson would take care of Howard and Yao.

I think a prime Malone could physically outplay Duncan, but the 90’s power forwards would have their hands full with the length and versatility of the 2000’s power forwards. I’ll give the 2000’s the edge.

Pippen would be able to slow LeBron down, but not stop him. Hill and McGrady would cancel each other out off of the bench. Edge goes to the 2000’s here.

Jordan vs Kobe. I’m going with Jordan. Kobe’s great, but he’s not better than Jordan.

I think Payton would smother Kidd/Nash on defense. Edge goes to the 90’s.

Pureshooter
    Participant

I want to say the 90’s, but there are two wild cards on the 2000 bench:

Nowitzki and AI

Two players that are completely unique. Nowitzki has unparalleled shooting ability and speed for a 7 footer (young Dirk was very fast), and AI was probably the quickest player in NBA history in his prime.

It’s really close, but I’d go with the leadership and toughness of the 90s team.

dipt1982
    Participant

Hakeem OWNED Shaq in the 1995 Finals…Shaq from the 2000 Lakers team would be a serious match for Hakeem though, he was much bigger than he was in 95…

dipt1982
    Participant

@pureshooter…u have a point, Dirk is unique…not so sure about A.I., IMO I think Payton would slow him down enough to not be as effective, Gary Payton was one of the best on ball defenders ever at the PG position…

llperez

i think people overexagerate how badly hakeem out played shaq in the 1995 finals. He did outplay him, but that was hakeem at his absolute best vs shaq in his third year and defenitely not as good as he was in his prime. And the stats are not crazy lopsided either:

shaq: ……28ppg…12.5rpg…6.3apg…2.5blck…60%fg

olajuwon: 32.8ppg…11.5rpg…5.5apg…2blck…48%fg

basically shaq won every stat excpet 5ppg

Michael.S.
    Participant

Those asists per ga,e are very impressive for a big man.

dipt1982
    Participant

Yeah, Hakeem caught Shaq in his 3rd season, but still doesn’t discount the fact that they swept Orlando, it’s not his fault it was Shaq’s 3rd year…Hakeem had a better mid-range game, better footwork, numbers don’t mean as much. I think your overrating statistics in this. Not to mention Hakeem was an excellent FT shooter for a center.

If you didn’t notice, I said Shaq in the 99-00 season would be a much bigger challenge for Hakeem, start reading first…

dipt1982
    Participant

Those were two of the best passing big men the game has/will see…

llperez

start reading first? lol at internet tough guys. You said he was OWEND and capitalized it dipshit like it was not even close. I said he outplayed him but was not as bad as your OWNED might suggest.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login