Name your favorite team(s) and some predictions you expect this season.
1. Rondo will average 20ppg after he returns from his injury and starts playing starter minutes.
2. Olynyk will make an all-rookie team.
3. Celtics will have a top-15 defense.
4. Marshon Brooks will put up 6th man of the year numbers, but ultimately lose out because of team record.
5. The Celtics will have the 9th best record in the Eastern conference.
1. Paul George and Roy Hibbert are All-Stars.
2. Hibbert wins Defensive Player of the Year.
3. Both Hibbert and George make NBA All-Defensive First Team.
4. George makes All-NBA Second Team.
5. Pacers hold off Bulls to win the Central Division and finish with best record in the Eastern Conference.
gets in Lebron's face at least once during the regular season.
I tried being bold and throwing out some controversial ones. Just tried to be interesting.
1. Bynum plays over 70 games.
2. Kyrie maes all-NBA Second team
3. Tristan Thompson gets traded.
4. Cavaliers finish 7th in the East.
5. Anderson Varejao has another season-ending injury and retires.
The Tristan Thompson trade is very bold, but I predict the Cavs realize Bennett is better at PF and decide to move Thompson.
I agree it is "bold" but they don't need both.
1. Marc Gasol goes to the all-star game.
2. Quincy Pondexter wins the 6th Man of the Year award.
3. Tony Allen wins co-DPOY with LeBron James.
4. The Grizzlies win 55 games during the regular season and win the WCF.
1. They will have the 9th best record in the west
2. Mike D gets fired 3
3.Wes Johnson will surprise some people..
1. They will be the 7th seed
2. They will try and trade Al Hortford (I know I will get negged for this, not saying they should)
3. You will not see anyone in the streets, gyms, etc wearing a hawks jersey
1. Reggie Jackson averages 15/4/6, finishes 2nd for 6MOY
2. Westbrook will make All-NBA 1st team
3. Steven Adams starts ONE game
4. Perkins averages 8ppg
Not my favorite teams but here are a few more predictions:
1. The Cavs INSTANTLY regret passing on Victor Oladipo.
2. The LA Lakers with Kobe, Nash, Pau, and the newly acquired Chris Kaman find the fountain of youth and win 45 games, take the seventh seed, and upset the LA Clippers in the first round.
3. Derrick Rose is named the MVP of the all-star game and his long road back from his knee injury is nearly complete.
4. Ricky Rubio wins the assist title.
5. Nobody thinks about the Utah Jazz all season.
6. The Detroit Pistons' trio of Brandon Jennings, Josh Smith, and Andre Drummond invoke MALICE at the Palace on the rims.
7. The same guy who won the dunk contest last year wins the dunk contest this year. I am not sure who that was.
8. LeBron wins co-DPOY award with Tony Allen.
9. The league wants to give the MVP award to anybody not named LeBron James so it awards a co-MVP trophy to teammates Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook. Westbrook immediately takes the trophy and never gives it to Durant.
10. The bench mob twin tower combo of Birdman and Greg Oden is oddly effective for the Miami Heat as they win 65 games during the regular season, and then go on to sweep the Cavs in the first round while holding them to 65 points a game.
11. Kobe Bryant promises LeBron, Durant, Rose, Westbrook, Kevin Love, and Carmelo Anthony that he will retire at the end of the year if he is allowed to win the scoring title. Kobe wins the scoring title. Kobe doesn't retire. KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What's your hate towards the cavs? Why would they regret passing on Oladipo? They got a taller version of him in the second round, Carrick Felix. Probably more NBA ready since he played 4 seasons of college basketball. He has a doctorate degree as well.
My bold prediction is the cavs never regret passing on victor even if AB is a massive bust
1. They make the playoffs as the 7th seed
2. They are a top 15 defensive team
3. Valanucious averages 16, 11 and 2 on 55%+
Its hard to be bold with the Raptors because I know I will be disappointed... Go Raptors!
Derrick Rose is top 5 MVP voting
Snell makes a bigger impact than many people believe.
Teague plays as the backup to DRose with Heinrich as the backup 2 guard.
They win the East.
Suns blow and get #3 pick in which they take Jabari Parker since Marcus Smart will go #2.
1. Larry Sanders will average over 10 points 10 rebounds and 3 blocks
2. Ersan Ilyasova will average 20 points and 10 boards and will be snubbed from the all star team
3. they will finish with the 2nd worst record in the NBA behind the 76ers
4. Giannis will start at the end of the year due to lack of quality players at the small forward position
5. OJ Mayo will either be very successful or very disappointing no in between
Victor Oladipo takes the league by storm, wins ROY, with steady improvement from the rest of the Orlando players. Then Orlando lucks out and wins the lottery. The Magic select Andrew Wiggins giving them the most dynamic young wing combo since Jordan and Pippen.
Kevin Durant drops 60 points on the Utah Jazz with Russell Westbrook adding 40. Reggie Jackson is the Thunder's third leading scorer with 6 points. Serge Ibaka chips in with 5 points. The rest of the team (Thabo, K Perk, Thabeet, Jeremy Lamb, Perry Jones, and Nick Collison) combine for 4 points. Miraculously the Jazz win with Gordon Hayward leading the way for the Jazz with 26 points, 7 rebounds, and 5 assists. Derrick Favors dominates the inside with 22 points and 13 rebounds. Enes Kanter scores 16 points (all in the second half) with Rudy Gobert adding 5 blocks along with 7 points and 6 rebounds in 15 minutes of action. The Jazz get solid scoring production from Alec Burks (13, 4, and 4) and the rest of their wing players (Brandon Rush with 5 points and some inspired defense, Marvin Williams with 4 points, an offensive rebound, and a couple of steals, and Jeremy Evans with a jaw dropping dunk). Trey Burke struggles from the field going 3 for 26 but he does make 15 of 17 free throws and, most importantly, hits the game winning 3 pointer at the buzzer.
The Grizzlies beat the Heat to win the title in 7 games. LeBron James though becomes the first player from a losing team to win the Finals MVP award since Jerry West. LeBron averages 31 points, 12 rebounds, and 11 assists a game. The Grizzlies get balanced scoring with Conley averaging 16, Gasol 15, Z Bo 14, Bayless and Q Pon (11), along with Tony Allen and Ed Davis at 8, Tay Prince, Mike Miller, and Kosta Koufos at 6 points each, with Nick Calathes also chipping in 4 points a game.
Hahaha!!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!! What kind of prediction is this??? On December 24 (Christmas Eve) at 1:37a.m. Lebron James will get a Russian hooker name Helga pregnant with a child named LaTrell James. Lebron will be snub by the NBA and would soon take his child and go into exile. 17 years later Latrell would return having spent every waking moment training under Labron James. In the year 2041 Latrell James will be drafted by the Cleveland Cavaliers and they will win 15 straight championships. The NBA will become boring. In the year 2057 at 7:17p.m. a man name Dick Fitzwell will assassinate Latrell James and restore order to the NBA. Latrell James's soul will ascend to the heavens and he will become the Greek God of Basketball.
...i could be wrong, LMAO!!!!
Golden state get a top 3 playoff berth.
Brooklyn or the pacers knock Miami off.
derrick rose gets injured again.
WIGGINS SLIPS IN DRAFT STOCK FROM NUMBER 1! Parker also slips out of top 2 and less a touted player goes first.
1)Kobe comes back a bit rusty at first, then picks it up after the All-Star break.
2)Gasol flourishes at Center rather then PF.
3)Mike D. gets fired by the end of next season.
4th and MOST IMPORTANT Jim Buss should not be part of the Lakers, Jim Buss is a egotistic loser who has no clue how to run a team and that Jeanie should be the rightful owner making the decisions rather then Jim!
1) J.R Smith will not be in the conversation of 6MOY this time.
2) Melo and Barg will coexist nicely.
3) Tyson Chandler misses 20+ games
4) There are calls to trade Felton throughout the season
Strange to see quite a few 7th seed predictions out East.
1. Andre Drummond will be a double double player
2. Kentavious Cadwell Pope will be in the rookie vs. sophomore game...so will Drummond (play for the sophmores)
3. Josh Smith will be an All star
4. The Pistons will make the playoffs
5. Rodney and/or Villanueva would be traded before feb. deadline
6. Monroe will avg 16 and 10 (again)
7. Josh Smith will avg. 15 and 9
8. The "Rondo rumors" will continue throughout the season
9. Either Drummond or Smith will be DPOY candidate
Paul George and Roy Hibbert go to All-Star.
Danny Granger will be 6thman of the year.
Lance Stephenson will continue to improve and be in the conversations of the MIP, and people began to predict that he will be All-Star in 2014-2015 season.
Paul George makes a second All-NBA and first All-DNBA
Paul George will be top 5 MVP
Roy Hibbert will be top 3 DCOY behind LeBron James and Marc Gasol
Indiana beat Miami in a series to 6, and wins NBA aganist Clippers in a serie to 7
Paul George average 19 ppg 7 rpg 5,5 apg 2,1spg 1,2 bpg
Lance Stephenson average 11 ppg 6,5 rpg 4 apg 1,2 spg 0,4 bpg
Roy Hibbert average 14 ppg 9 rpg 2,3 apg 0,6 spg 2,6 bpg
Danny Granger average 15,2 ppg 4,5 rpg 1,6 apg 1,2 spg 1,2 bpg
David West average 13,5 ppg 7,2 rpg 2,1 apg 0,8 spg 0,8 bpg
George Hill average 12.1 ppg 3,5 rpg 4,4 apg 1,4 spg 0,3 bpg
Luis Scola average 7,5 ppg 5,8 rpg 1,4 apg 0,5 spg 0,5 bpg
Anybody picking the Heat to win the title next year?
John Wall makes his first all-star team, improves his shot, shoots 36% from 3, finishes top 3 in apg, and get some votes for mvp.
Bradley Beal avg 18 ppg and shoots 39% from 3, develops a better handle, improves as a play maker.
Wiźards become a top 5 defensive team this year (top 10 last year)
Otto Porter starts off the season terrible but eventually plays a solid role off of the bench. Makes All-Rookie second team.
Glen Rice Jr is the steal of thesecond round.
Nene stays healthy the whole season.
Jan Vesely gets traded for little to nothing in return.
Wizards end up with one of the more productive benches with Eric Maynor, Al Harington, Trevor Ariza, Otto Porter, Kevin Seraphin.
Wizards win 47 games
Nerlens Noel will win a Rookie of the Month Award.
when the season is mid way through I would like for everyone to revisit this thread to see which ones came through along with when the playoffs end. I also believe stuckey,jonas and Charlie v get traded 3 players with expiring contracts and stucky is still useful.
1.Monta Ellis becomes efficient and makes the allstar team
2. Dirk hits a couple game winners and get MVP consideration but doesn't come close to winning it
3.Vince Carter gets close to winning the 6th man award
4.Mavs get the 7th seed
5.Then defeat the 2nd seed Spurs in 7 games to get out of the first round
6.Mark Cuban some how pulls off a move and looks like a genuis to get this team back on track
What will be the highest scoring game of the year? I have Durant going for 60.
my pessimistic predictions
1. miss the play offs
2. kevin love gets sick of losing and demands a trade in the offseason
3. kevin martin shows his age and scores 14 ppg
4. shabazz proves he is overrated and stays in Iowa(on thier d league team
5. rubio sees the disfunctional team and realizes he doesnt want to play in cold weather on a loser and demands a trade
1. get the 6th seed
2. Kevin love doesnt get hurt and averages 24 and 12
3. Kevin Martin shows he has a lot left in the tank and averages 20 ppg
4. Dieng shows he can defend, block shots and shoot the midrange jumper and becomes a legitimate back up center
4a. derrick williams develops a jumpshot and plays have decent defense to be able to get time at the SF positon
5. Rubio finds a spot to score at as in finishing around the hoop or getting a jumpshot and leads the team
MCW slowly improves all year showing signs of a bright floor general in the future. Noel comes back around Christmas and looks like the rim protector he has always been supposed to be. Even with those bright spots the Sixers struggle and win around 10 games and win the lottery, while the Pelicans underachieve even with all the recent upgrades and are awarded the 6th pick in the draft. In the end the Sixers end up with MCW, Wiggins, Noel, and WCS and complete the quickest turnaround in NBA history.
I like your predictions for the Sixers and hope they happen, but give me James Young at 6 instead. Try and get a Durant-Harden thing going, ya know?
As a huge Kentucky fan also im fine with either UK guy in that slot haha i could watch james young shoot the ball all day, i just dont want to have to sit through more spencer hawes than i need to thats why i want WCS
1. Derrick Rose shoots 38% from 3 and plays minutes at the 2.
2. Marquis Teague proves to be a reliable backup dropping 8 ppg 4 apg in 24 mpg
3. Eric Murphy makes the opening day roster, cracks the lineup and plays more as a rookie than Tony Snell
4. Jimmy Butler starts at the 2, gives Chicago enough scoring to start Taj Gibson and bring Boozer off the bench to own 2nd unit PF's
5. Loul Deng plays under 35 mpg and for the first time in 4 years and looks rejuvinated.
Michael Carter Williams and Tony Wroten show flashes of brilliance at Point Guard, they still turn the ball over at a high rate and cause a lot of headaches for Coach Brent Brown, both players make strides towards the end of the year though
Evan Turner finally shows people why he was drafted 2nd overall by the 76ers and averages 18ppg/7rpg/6apg on 48% percent on his field goals, he fixes his jumper and drives to the basket more as the Starting Point Guard/Small Forward, he finishes 2nd in the Most Improve Player award thus ending all the Bust rumblings
Thad Young gets traded after starting the year off Hot, a playoff team looking for a high energy starting Sf/Pf or super 6th man will trade a young player plus pick for Young, the 76ers do right by Thad and clear his 8 million in cap space for next year's free agent class
Royce White finally gets on an NBA court and plays well as the 6th man, he'll be the 76ers best rebounder and post passer and play a lot of Pf and C in a small ball line up, he becomes a feel good redemption story at the end of the year
Nerlens Noel comes back some time around Christmas and shows flashes of defensive dominance in spite of his size, he'll suffer a minor injury(ankle) and the team will shut him down for the Year, he comes back next year bigger and better than before and takes over as starting Center
The 76ers finish with the worst record in the NBA and win the NBA Draft Lottery, they'll have to make the hard choice of picking between Wiggins/Parker or Randle, finally going with the upside of Andrew Wiggins
We save the Max Cap space for a Power Forward to play between Wiggins at Small Forward and Noel at Center, maybe offer a big deal to Greg Monroe(J.Smith could play Pf next to Drummond) or Derrick Favors(the Jazz could draft Randle) IF both teams match offers, we just wait until Lamarcus Aldridge is a free agent in 2015