This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar SportsDude 11 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
    JM40
    Participant

Here’s my take on a very early 2013 Draft Lottery;
    1. Cody Zeller PF/C Indiana
    2. Shabazz Muhammad SG UCLA
    3. Nerlens Noel C Kentucky
    4. Marcus Smart PG/SG Oklahoma State
    5. Alex Len C Maryland
    6. Tony Mitchell SF/PF North Texas
    7. Mason Plumlee PF Duke
    8. Archie Goodwin SG Kentucky
    9. Isaiah Austin C Baylor
    10. Alex Poythress SF/PF Kentucky
    11. Dario Saric SF/PF Croatia
    12. Jeff Withey C Kansas
    13. Otto Porter SF Georgetown
    14. James M. McAdoo PF North Carolina

Last few out would be C.J. McCollum, Doug McDermott, Anthony Bennett, and Rasheed Sulaimon.

I see Steven Adams, Willie Cauley-Stein, Ben McLemore, Rodney Purvis, Glenn Robinson III and Kyle Anderson coming back. If not, a few of those guys could play into the picture.

Any thoughts????

Mr. Chicago
    Participant

I am a huge Duke Fan and all – however there is no way Mason Plumlee goes #8. It just isn’t happening.

B Free
    Participant

I think he uses the other site too much

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

Jeff Withey a lottery pick? And Plumlee going 7th…….YOU should be doing standup

JM40
      Participant

I’d take Plumlee over a lot of guys “projected” as 1st rounders……Michael Carter-Wiliams, Rudy Gobert, Lorenzo Brown, Andre Roberson, etc. Plumlee runs the floor well and is as athletic as any other post player in this draft. His offensive game is more polished this year.

And with Withey, there will be a team somewhere in the late lottery looking for a basket protector. Look at how players like Robin Lopez and JaVale McGee make a living just being long and great defenders whose offensive skills stop at dunks and lay-ups. I see Withey playing a role like that,

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

I Can see someone team taking a chance on Withey late in the 1st round…But more likely in the early to mid 2nd round…In the past 2 years he’s defended some top flight guys including Anthony Davis pretty good..But i’m not sure he’ll do that at the next level…Plumlee would be perfect on the Heat…A team that needs a shot blocking big that can rebound and run the floor……

I think Gobert is among the most overrated guys in the draft..I’m hearing rumors that Austin might come back to school….But they all say that this time of year,only to change their minds at season end…

Siggy
      Participant

I also don’t think Withey is a lotto prospect, but why would he slip to the mid 2nd round? He’s not just a shot blocker, he’s an ELITE shotblocker. Think about all the praise and hype that Anthony Davis got last year for his shot blocking ability. Withey was a better shot blocker last yr and he’s blocking shots at an even greater rate this yr. Even if he’s just a back up at the next level. That type of safety net at the back of the defense is invaluable. He’s not a complete liability on offense either, showing better touch around the rim and an ability to hit the occasional mid-range jumper.

PaulsJayhawks
    Participant

Man you got the wrong Jhawk in the lotto. Bmac is gone imo. He is oozing potential which is waht nba drafts on and if you have a lotto shot you go before the monster 2014 draft. Withey while being an elite shotblocker gives you little else. He will go late first round, early second. I could see Miami taking a look at Withey imo.

BasketballJunkie224
    Participant

whats wrong with plumlee and withey in the lotto???!!! i mean i cant really name too many other big guys better..nerlens noel is prob the only better 1 and maybeee zeller

SportsDude
    Participant

He’ll be in the mix come March. He’s having a better season than everyone on that list

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login