This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Adi Joseph 15 years ago.

• Author
    PHENOM
    Participant

That is the new HOT topic so I know everyone has their own sources so PLEASE tell what they have heard!!!
    —my take…In John mind it has been drilled that he has to go to college for a year so he has never thought about going now. But now that it has I think he will consider it…..If he is allowed I think it will open a door that a LOT of high school players will follow(go to prep school for year or reclassifie your self after your freshman year)….I dont think the NBA will allow him because they do not want to deal with ALL that!!!….but IF just IF John was allowed I think he would blow up even more because his individual workouts would be PHENOMINAL….I think he would take over blakes griffin’s top spot like drose took beasley’s top spot(good comparison??)

MATA
    Participant

i would really, really, really, really, really, really,really, like for him to jump in.this draft is looking shitty by the minute.everybody is going back to school.if my ny knicks won the lottery and he was in it, it would be the greatest thing to happen to the garden since lj’s 4point play.

WritingNBA.blogspot.com
    Participant

John Wall considered it but he never was serious because he promised his deceased father that he would go to college and not straight to the NBA.

source: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/basketball/2009-04-15-wall-college-choice_N.htm

Besides, I think the kid should become a better passer and get stronger because I think he will end up like Kenyon Dooling if he doesn’t improve.

bmorebaskekball
    Participant

I would love to see him play a year of college basketball. I am not a Duke fan but to see him in Duke’s system under coach K would be cool. I think he would be a great fit at Duke. They would finally have somebody to attack the basket from the guard spot. He would rack up dimes on dribble drives to the basket

jamescmedlock
    Participant

He’s a fifth year Senior and meets the age requirement just like Rubio. However, there is an additional requirement for American born players, which is being removed from high school at least one year. Rubio is not subject to this rule and has a much better chance of entering the draft.

I’m much more interested in seeing Rubio play anyways.

Bradfoms
    Participant

Well, that pretty much wraps it up, I read the article, and he promised his late father he would go to college…no way he goes back on that

Adi Joseph

It’s also worth considering that only two true point guards have ever made the high school-to-NBA leap: Shaun Livingston and Sebastian Telfair.

Point guard is the position with the steepest learning curve. A year or even two of college would be good for Wall.  

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login