This topic contains 19 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Jean_31 12 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    Hadzialijagic
    Participant

Kentucky might be in a situation next year where they will be so much better than everyone else it wont even be fair. They are for sure losing Davis and Miller. Kidd Gilchrist should go but he says he isnt. Teague Lamb and Jones are question marks about their draft status.Wiltjer will also be ready to be a big contributer (#19th ranked recruit).They already have the 15,16 and 40th ranked recruits commited this year. Not to mention that the top 6 ucommited recruits are all considering Kentucky(1,2,7,19,21,32nd ranked players). I can guarantee at least one or two of these will commit to Kentucky. Depending on who stays and who they can get to commit to them the talent level that they will have will be head and shoulders above anybody else. I’d prefer for them not to get Shabbazz and Noel because then NCAA next year would have a better parity. If they land Noel and Muhammad then it really wont even be fair.

providencefriars1
    Participant

okay but this year they had two highly rated players return, a major glue guy, and the top rated PG, SF, and C on their team. I dont see how next year’s team will be any better than this one they have now

FastAndFurious
    Participant

Regardless, they’d be the best team in the country….just like any other year since Cals been there.

Hale
    Participant

I definitely think they can be better next year if things go right for them. If they get Nerlens Noel, the loss of Davis won’t be that bad. They will probably lose Terrence Jones, but I don’t think he’ll be that significant of a loss either. Assuming MKG is telling the truth about staying then you have him and Alex Poythress as wings next year, with Wiltjer, Cauley and the possiblity of Noel and Anthony Bennett in the post. If Teague goes they have Harrow, if not, they have the best 1-2 punch for PG’s in the country. If Doron Lamb leaves, they still have Archie Goodwin coming in. They also have a shot at Shabazz (although not sure if he’ll be able to play).

I understand a lot of that is based on ‘what if’ scenario’s, but they definitely have a chance to be better. Imagine the potential lineup of Harrow, Muhammad, MKG, Bennett and Noel, with Cauley, Poythress, Wiltjer and Goodwin on the bench. That would be a truly amazing team. Although I think their lineup will look something like Harrow, Goodwin, MKG, Wiltjer and Noel. That’s still a team that should be very very good.

T_Faulk23
    Participant

Calipari sucks he doesn’t even play their best player? Wtf is this coach on crack Eloy Vargas is way better than Anthony Davis he can shoot, rebound and block shots better than Anthony Davis. That’s why I have Eloy as the #1 pick in my mock draft ha!!

Anton123
    Participant

Funny how Cal’s best teams in the country don’t tend to make it to the finals

McDunkin

Sooo…you made an account just to say that? Eloy didnt even find that funny.

T_Faulk23
    Participant

Anthony Davis was just a clone of Marcus Camby and looked so uncoordinated he could never play Center in the NBA. I mean c’mon this is Eloy’s last year of eligablity!

McDunkin

Whats up with the yearly increase in fake accounts around spring/summer time?

PrecociousNeophyte
    Participant

I would be very surprised if Jones and Lamb stayed. While MKG says he is going to stay once he realizes that he is going to be a top 5 pick I think he will end up leaving. Remember Tristan Thompson last year saying that he was staying and he signed up for summer classes and everything. Once these players realize that they are going to be a high pick they will most likely leave.

Kentucky next year though is going to be great no matter what happens. If they lose Jones, Davis, MKG, and Lamb, and Teague, they are still looking at a starting lineup of Harrow, Goodwin, Poythress, Wiltjer, and Cauley. That lineup is if all of those guys mentioned above leave and they don’t get anymore recruits. Like you said they will probably get one or two of those guys that are uncommitted, so yeah either way they are going to be a powerhouse again.

Anton123
    Participant

I think some people find it makes up for their lack of sex

uknation
    Participant

Jones won’t be that significance of a loss?  You’re joking right. Yea we won some games with him playing bad but we don’t win a couple of them without him.  This team seems to be special with the perfect blend so I’m not sure if we could be better next season .  Most likely Jones is gone since his stock is high now because of his great play in march

Hale
    Participant

I think you missed the point. I’m not saying he’s bad, I am saying he’s not irreplacable. How big of a loss would Jones really be if MKG comes back, and you have Poythress and Wiltjer helping replace him? That’s not a gigantic drop off in talent. If Anthony Bennett signs there isn’t a drop off at all.

Bmore_DC
    Participant

if you are projected to go in the first round…GO TO THE NBA!

just ask Perry Jones and Sullinger how coming back helped them…

uknation
    Participant

No player on Uk is irreplaceable

Taylor Gang Mike
    Participant

Davis, Miller, Jones and Teague WILL be gone… MKG said he gonna stay and he should too work on that jumper

uknation
    Participant

MKG. Can worK on his J in the NBA

NYCrealdeal
    Participant

is callipari so much better at recruiting than everyone other coach. damn now imagine if hes players statred to stay three or four years then they would be a dynasty in college basketball

uknation
    Participant

Great recruiter and great coach.  Not many coaches if any have so many players get better as the season goes on while buying into his system and not going one on one. Coach K and Roy and Dean are/were great recruiters as well because they get a couple of AA every year. When the top ones stay you end up having years like the great Dean Smith. We we see if Cal can do that woot these top players staying

Jean_31
    Participant

I really love your mock the squirt

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login