This topic contains 17 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar StingRay07 11 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    JordanC20
    Participant

November

9th @ Maryland

13th @ Duke

16th Lafayette 

21st Morehead State

23rd LIU-Brooklyn

29th @ Notre Dame

December

1st Baylor

4th Samford

8th Portland

15th Lipscomb

22nd Marshall

29th @ Louisville

January

1st Eastern Michigan

B-ball fan
    Participant

I’ll be looking forward to their games against Baylor and Louisville.  I’d like to see how Isaiah Austin and Nerlens Noel matchup, and another rematch with Louisville will be exiting.  

Playing Duke early on will be a nice test.  I am also curious about the Maryland game.  I want to see Alex Len against top competition.  Len is pretty well-regarded by this site, but he never really jumped out at me before.

Memphis Madness
    Participant

No Indiana? That’s a crime against humanity. That could end up being the title game next year which would be a barn burner.

lilballa141
    Participant

looks like they wanted none of carolina

Memphis Madness
    Participant

I have seen Nerlens Noel’s mixtapes.  He looks good.  Solid build with shot blocking skills and athleticism.  Let’s see if he continues to develop.  Looks like a lock for a top 4 pick.  Right now, I would think about taking him number 1.

… I saw a little bit of his game against Mitch McGary (I think it was him) and he looked pretty good.

Cody Zeller might be more polished, but I think Noel has more upside due to his length and hops.

providencefriars1
    Participant

Upset alert November 29th vs Notre Dame. ND returns all 5 starters and added Cameron Biedschied who was a top 50ish recruit.

Professor Rozay
    Participant

The game @ Louisville is going to be a good one. I think that Louisville at home are going to be able to beat them this year.

rwd5035
    Participant

Good for them that they didn’t play Penn State again. The revenge beat down would’ve been painful. lol

WizardofOz
    Participant

UMD vs. UK @ the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. LEGGO!!!

raybeas
    Participant

play Indiana @ Rupp this year because they have a 54 game home winning streak. So Cal cancelled the whole series.

StingRay07
    Participant

UK is afraid to play Indiana, especially in Bloomington.  I’ve followed the whole saga.  Calipari wanted a 2 year neutral site deal.  Crean wanted the students to be able to see a game at home at some point in their college careers.  UK offered to play both years at Lucas Oil in Indy, IU tried to compromise with a 4 year deal (first two years neutral, then at Rupp, then at Assembly Hall).  No compromise from the UK side, only stubborness.  They come off as huge pansies (*really another word that starts with a p*) who would throw away a great tradition because they are scared to lose every year to The Movement.

GoJOSH HUESTIS
    Participant

Actually UK was willing to play IU but they wanted to play in anetural site just like a NCAA game which makes more sense because that prepares the team for the tournament atmosphere. IU wanted to do home and home for the kids. Cal isn’t worried about that because UK fans travel well and in the process he is getting his kids used to playing in tournament venues. Makes a lot of sense for his team since he will have a bunch of freshmen every year, had zero to do with being scared especially considering Cal has never had a issue playing anyone anywhere.

Wjho cares about so called "tradition". Fans are going to watch reguardless and nothing stays the same forever.. When they added a free throw line people complained about "tradition". When they allowed African Americans to play they did the same. College basketball will survive without IU and UK playing each other

raybeas
      Participant

as long as it wasn’t at Rupp. Because Cal wanted his team to have a long home court winning streak, rather than play a team they had beaten consistently untill last year. He saw the writing on the wall, that IU would be good this year, and for many into the future, and he didn’t want any.

StingRay07
      Participant

The fact is, UK was unwilling to even compromise.  It was their way or nothing at all.  IU wanted to keep the series alive, but it’s a two way street, they weren’t going to just give in to whatever UK wanted to do just because they are UK.  You think the IU athletic department was concerned about its fans not driving 45 minutes from Bloomington to Indy?  That’s a joke, especially after this past year.  Add in all the alumni in the state of Indiana and around the midwest, it would still be mostly IU fans at the neutral site.  But Assembly Hall (and Rupp Arena) is an exciting place to watch a great basketball game for a student.  Why take that away from a poor college kid?  That’s just selfish.  You can spew all the stuff you want about preparing the players, but I will always believe that UK didn’t want any part of IU this year.

Tradition (not in quotes) does matter to a hell of a lot of true sports fans.  Rivalries matter to fans.  I can reminisce about sitting 10th row my freshman year wearing a wig with my face painted to watch Eric Gordon, DJ White, and crew beat Kentucky.  Or getting endless calls and texts from all my friends last year as Bloomington went nuts.  Why does tradition matter?  Because we’re crazy fanatics who love our teams.  Yes CBB will survive, and both teams will be good for years to come, and they will play again.  It’s just a damn shame it won’t happen this year.

GoJOSH HUESTIS
    Participant

^^^ wrong he wanted to play on a neutral court to get his kids used to NCAA venuse. Cal said it, IU coach (who is his freiend) comfirmed it. I’m sure it doesn’t matter because those who don’t like Cal never let facts get in the way of their opinions. What makes it more laughable is the fact that UK played UNC this year at home with the home winning steak on the line And UNC was projected to be much better than this upcoming IU team

raybeas
      Participant

Cal broke the contract. Period. He came up with his excuse later. He’d rather play a neutral court game than at home? Only with his precious home court streak taken out of consideration. Cal apologists never let facts get in the way of their defense of him. Cheating at UMass. Cheating at Memphis. Cal was blissfully unaware of any wrongdoing. Break a contract to prevent a home court loss. It’s because we only want to play neutral site games, except against Samford and Morehead State, we can play them at home.

Memphis Madness
    Participant

Well, this would just make for an even better UK-IU NCAA title game.

GoJOSH HUESTIS
    Participant

Actually he mentioned breaking home and home series before breaking the IU one.  You must have forgotten he broke the UNC on after this year as well. Has nothing to do with home court seeing as he will play a ranked Louisville team next year.   At least get you’re facts start before talking..Camby accepted Monet and cheated at Umass. Rose had someone else take his test BEFORE going to college and cheated.  Get you’re facts straight first. No one is scared of IU. They haven’t accomplished anything in how long?  

Oooooooh preseason hype. UCLA had that hype before and where did they end up. IU looked average away from home, they only beat teams when they got to play at home.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login