This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar aamir543 11 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
    Lebron’s Hairline
    Participant

Kobe Bean Bryant has just become part of the 30,000 point club tonight; I never liked the guy but you have to respect the man. Congrats Kobe, it’s only a matter of time before he reaches top 3 in career points scored

Chewy
    Participant

that’s another 3,500-4,000 points on top of it.

ItsVictorOladipo
    Participant

If he’s still around the 25 PPG mark at the end of next season (2013-2014) it’s gonna be hard for him to walk away from the game.

Hitster
    Participant

Kobe although he is 34 is the youngest player to reach 30,000 career points I believe – although MJ would have reached it sooner if he had not sat 18 months out. But to get another 8,300 points to get near Kareem would be a big ask and probably mean playing another 4 seasons or so after this one. If we consider that the best young scorer in the league Kevin Durant only recenly went past 10,000 career points in just over 5 seasons ( including the reduced one last year) then Kobe would need to go at a good rate over the next 4 odd years to get near Kareem.

That being said huge congratulations to Kobe on this historic feat and certainly by the end of his current contract injury and form permitting he should be well past MJ and Wilt and into 3rd place on the all time list. What happens after there will perhaps largely be up to Kobe as we assume he’d want to remain a Laker. I could see no reason why he could not play onto towards 40 when we see guys of 36 to 38 getting 3 year deals this summer but whether the Lakers could give him the required minutes and money to satisfy him would need to be seen.

Also Kobe may want to try and set a target that LeBron, Durant and co would have to work very hard to match.

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

Knowing Kobe’s competiveness and drive to be the best..If he’s healthy,he might stick around just to go for the all time scoring title……

I hope Wade is watching how as Kobe has gotten older,he’s adding more moves to his arsenal and not relying on athleticism so much…I remember watching Wade in 2005 and telling some friends,this guy might be forced to retire early,if he continues to play the way he does……But that all out hardworking style is what has made Wade a future hall of famer…

Chewy
    Participant

is the youngest to get to 30,000. But it has taken him the most games to get there out of all the players that have reached that mark.

aamir543
    Participant

Lebron is on pace to get to 20,000 about 3-4 months in age before Kobe did. But the only thing that alarms me is that Lebron’s scoring seems to be down a bit. He’s at the peak of his prime as a player, but he isn’t needed to score as much as he did in Cleveland. Durant is about 2-3 months behind Lebron as far as getting to 10,000 points is concerned.

Personally, the All-Time scoring leader will ultimately be the guy who plays the longest in the league. I really believe Lebron will be playing at a high level in 7-8 years but the question is whether he’ll be scoring at the rate Kobe is at his age right now.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login