This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar GREENE1148 11 years ago.

• Author
    KHAM83
    Participant

Can someone pls clear up the status of Lakers 2014 pick? Does PHX own another unprotected 2014 Lakers pick from the Nash trade? If Kobe is out for the year, Lakers will finish in the bottom of the standings, even if they keep Howard. This isnt the East where they can “survive” like the Bulls did without Rose.

***How soon do you expect Lakers fans to begin chanting ‘Wiggins to LA’?

Hitster
    Participant

Phoenix get 2015 first rounder from the Lakers, the Lakers own their 2014 first rounder. This year if the Lakers make the play offs their pick this year goes to Cleveland/Phoenix and if they are in the lottery they keep it.

KHAM83
    Participant

Are you sure about this years? I believe if Lakers miss the playoffs, PHX will get it, but if Lakers makes the playoffs, Clev has the right to swap any other their lower picks (Miami’s pick) with LA. Im pretty certain of this.

alinge
      Participant

That is correct, fail to make playoffs it goes to Phoenix, do make playoffs goes to Cleveland

GREENE1148
    Participant

Lakers miss the playoffs in 2013, Phoenix get’s the pick, wins the lottery with said pick… one can dream…

Unless Kobe is out 12 months or more, Dwight Leaves, and both Nash/Gasol have career worst years, i don’t think the 2013-14 lakers would be a bottom 5 team

GabeK
      Participant

So but if Kobe misses the whole year next year. Howard leaves in the Summer. Nash doesn’t play much or retires. Gasol regresses further. Could the Lakers be so bad that they could get the #1 pick in the 2014 draft and pick Andrew Wiggins?

GREENE1148
        Participant

I just said that if Kobe/Howard are out/gone and Nash/Gasol blow chunks, its entirely possible, doubt the owners let it happen though, they would throw more money at FAs… rather than finish last in their division and lose their bandwagon fanbase to the clippers…

Hitster
    Participant

I stand corrected, the pick was only lottery protected as the regards the Cavs deal, it is unprotected under the Nash deal. So the winners could be the Cavs if the Lakers make the play offs as they get a 2nd first rounder in the top 20.

Cleveland will have a very likely top 6 pick of their own, another first rounder, their own high 2nd rounder and the Magic’s high 2nd rounder this year. Plus they have another first rounder due from Miami in the future as well as the Kings and Memphis. Talk about draft options!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login