This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar BasketballJunkie224 11 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    FastAndFurious
    Participant

I remember watching Missouri last year get rated top 10 week after week, yea they had a few quality wins but as I watched them play I always came away feeling their not as good as their ranking says they are, and this year I feel the same about Michigan, and I reember arguing with a poster on here that thought Missouri would win it and I told him they would get put out early…and what happens?

Out of their 25 games, they’ve only beaten 3 top 25 teams and they’ve lost to 3 top 25 teams, they are in possibly the toughest conference in America, but I don’t think Michigan is that good, they are one of the top teams in the country, but do I see them winning a title? Not at all.

I have a feeling Michigan is Missouri(2011-12) all overagain and will get upset by a team not as good as them come tournament time.

JoeWolf1

Na, last year’s Missouri team was small and very dependent their style and on perimeter shooting plus they had very little size in the post.

Exhibit A.- Ricardo Ratliff was their 6’7” center, and although very dependable on the block and on the high post, was often out matched by bigger stronger players, and the Tigers had no one to relieve him off the bench. Kyle O’Quinn flat out torched him for 26 points and 14 rebounds, and when a game is close an obvious advantage like O’Quinn’s on Ratliff was probably the difference in the game.

Exhibit B. Perimeter shooting. Some teams live and die by the 3, and when Kim English and Marcus Denmon are the guys getting most of the shots, your going to live a lot. That being said, a down shooting night from those guys and who is getting offense for your team? English was an uncharacteristic 0-5 from 3 and Dixon really stepped up, but in a game that is so close having a team built like Missouri is a little more vunerable than a deep team like Michigan.

Missouri didn’t lose because they weren’t that good. They were very good, they just got a team that had a heavy advantage in the post and they weren’t hot from downtown to make up for it.

I’m not saying that Michigan can’t be beat, but Missouri was a team that excelled in a style of play where Michigan is a more traditionally built, deep team that has guys who can clean the glass against bigger players, and guys that aren’t 3 heavy and can create shots off the dribble, like Burke and Hardaway Jr.

Lebron’s Hairline
    Participant

No Michigan has legitimate talent they are just YOUNG, teams like Ohio State, Indiana, Wisconsin, and Michigan State all have veteran guys that know how to get the job done, Michigan doesn’t have any juniors or seniors to lead them in crunch time.

BasketballJunkie224
    Participant

i feel like last night was just a reallllly bad game..the only 1s who played decent were trey burke n stauskus. i dont really see them losing like that again. id say elite 8, sweet 16 at least

BasketballJunkie224
    Participant

and once mcGary gets the ball on the block he needs to try and score. him passing out of the post is like an instant turnover

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login