I posted my top five on another post so it may sound familiar
This will be the lottery, barring any trades.......mark my words....
1. Sac-town- Blake Griffin....Duh
2. Washington- Ricky Rubio....They are going to make Gil play the 2...I hope they are not dumb enough to take Thabeet or Hill
3. L.A- Brandon Jennings...I don't know if they trust B.Diddy anymore so they'll get Jennings. You need a flashy player for a flashy city right? and just think of the damage he and Gordon is going to do in that back-court. It gives me chills to even think about it.
4. OKC- Hasheem Thabeet....They need some size and defense to make them a playoff contender, and Thabeet is just that. And you never know, he may learn a couple of offensive moves.
5. Minnesota- Demar DeRozan....I actually think they are going to reach and do something dumb like this. Its either going to be him or Clark, trust me. They seen OKC get lucky picking an unpolished athlete in Westbrook. So I think they are going to try and do the same with DeRozan.
6. Memphis- Jordan Hill....They'll finally add a decent front-court player...And maybe he and Gasol can do some major damage down low.
7. Golden State- Earl Clark....A perfect guy for Nellie ball, a run and jump guy who can also facilitate with his above average passing skills.
8. New York- Gerald Henderson A perfect guy for Mikey D ball lol...If he can make Wilson Chandler look good, he may make Henderson look like a star.
9. Toronto- James Harden...Once again a great player drops because he isn't flashy or super-athletic...But the Raps will be waiting with open arms, as he will finally give them a second go-to guy they have been longing for.
10. Milwaukee- Wayne Ellington...I think they like Sessions enough to not pick a PG in this years draft...Plus this will give the more depth at the 2, and Ellington may remind them of Redd with his silky smooth J.
11. New Jersey- Chase Budinger...Gives them a major upgrade at the 2, because C.D.R isn't turning out to be what the Nets thought he would.
12. Charlotte- Tyreke Evans...I think it's a reach but after Raja Bell, who isn't the long term solution, they ain't got got jack-squat.
13. Indiana- Ty Lawson...T.J Ford is good but not great, and I think Lawson has all the tools that Ford has plus a better jump shot.
14. Phoenix- Jonny Flynn...Steve Nash isn't going to play forever, and the Suns know it. And Jonny Flynn give them a big time playmaker to groom for whenever Nash decides to leave.
I know a lot of yall may disagree, but once draft day comes I think i'll be pretty darn accurate.
i dont think the warriors will draft another combo forward..(earl clark),they already have anthony randolph, who is gonna emerge as one of the best forwards in the league in a couple of years, and brandan wright who is close to be considered a complete bust, but he has amazing physical tools for a power forward. i also hope that sacramento's pick will fall to the 2nd place and get rubio..because thats what they need, a true PG. they already have solid big men like james thompson and spencer hawes. blake griffin's ideal place would be washington, next to a couple of superstars like arenas, jamison and butler.
I like that mock, but I don't think harden is going to slip down to the nine spot. I would love for the raps to get him but realistically I think he will be a top 4 pick. I also see chase and ellington going later on. The only team that I can see thabeet not being a huge bust on is oklahoma city. It is actually a really good fit for them, they dont need anymore scoring and need front court players badly. Overall good mock, flynn at 14 would be a reach i think though, not a fan.
I don't think Washington will go for Rubio. Thabeet would be a better pick. He would give them somone in the middle who is a serious shot blocking threat. If Washington doesn't pick him, OKC is also another great fit. He would go well with Durant, Green, Westbrook and Co. I think Harden would be a great fit in Toronto. Looking at draft needs, may slip down that far too. He's one of my favorite people in the draft. I don't see Earl Clark going to GS. They have enough fowards that aren't playing, they don't need to add another. He would be a good fit in Charlotte or in New York even. I'd love to see how D'Antoni would use him. Budinger to NJ is a good fit, but I don't know if he goes that high. I also don't agree with the Flynn pick for PHX. I think that may be a little high for him.
I would think the Wizards are relatively comfortable inside if Javale McGee continues to improve and Haywood comes back 100% next season. Rubio is the pick if they are at #2.
It's easy to say that Harden will slip, particularly because SG is not exactly a position in huge demand, but there is no way he goes after Henderson. He should be a steal anywhere below 3.
Giw....I was just looking at Randolph becoming more of a 4 than a 3. And Spencer just shoot jumpers all day instead of banging down low like he should, so I think the Kings will most def pick Griff.
fgr...Personally if Harden doesn't get picked by the Wolves at 5, he can easily slip that far because nobody else needs a 2 guard other than New York.
You right lol.....I just hope nobody is dumb enough to pick Mullens in the lotto, but it is a possibility in Indy like you have on your mock.
Your mock draft is way off. I don't see Wash takin a point guard thats gonna take a while to develop, they need help now so it's Griffin or they trade the pick for a starter. But if we go with your lottery lineup, then I feel they would have to take Thabeet and make Mcgee a backup PF. OKC needs Thabeet but if he's gone they have to go with Hill. Minn will take Harden as they always take the more polished player with less upside, its just their history and you can't hate on history. Clark to GS is a huge stretch, Nellie has too many skinny guys that can't play PF already. They are in desperate need of a PG, and will get a good one in Jennings. Since Jennings is taken at 7, then I can see the Knicks grabbin a shooter who can handle the ball like Curry. It might be a little high but D'antoni loves shooters. The Raps will pick Derozan, if he is available and Henderson if he is not. But here's hoping he is cuz Henderson will only be a backup role player in the league at best. MIl could use backcourt depth and won't hesitate to grab Evans who can play both without missing a beat. At this point NJ would be stupid to pass up on Terrence Williams, as that would fill a hole and add a multifaceted scorer/distributor to their team. Cha is left to take Henderson to fill the backup position with some youth behind Bell. Plus Cha has a bad draft history and this will definately add to it. How you have Indiana takin another PG when they have Ford and Jack ( who will be the teams fulltime starter next year) confuses me. They need a PF badly and will gamble to take one between Brackins if he declares or James Johnson. Finally I can't hate on your Flynn selection, Phx needs a backup PG to groom.
1. Sac- Griffin
2. Wsh - Thabeet
3. Lac - Rubio
4. Okc - Hill
5. Min - Harden
6. Mem - Clark
7. Gs - Jennings
8. Nyk - Curry
9. Tor - Derozan
10. Mil - Evans
11. Nj - Williams
12. Cha - Henderson
13. Ind - Brackins (Johnson if Brackins doesnt declare)
14. Phx - Flynn
Those are your opinions so say what you please but......
1)Washington needs to mix it up, because the Gil, Butler, and Jamison show isn't going to get them to the finals as we have seen the past 3-4 years now....And I think they are starting to notice it.
2)The Wolves may pick Harden, I do agree with that, but I put my reasoning for the DeRozan pick.
3)Clark is a 3 not a 4, and they do not have any quality 3's
4) I just don't see Steph going that high, he may have some PG skills, but he is a shoot first guy. He is more of a Boobie Gibson type of player than a guy who Mikey D could see as his new Steve Nash.
5)The only argument I see valid is the Pacers getting big man instead of a PG. And I would think they would reach for Mullens before Brackins. And Johnson isn't big enough to bang down low with the NBA bigmen