1. Sac kings: PF Blake Griffin - enough said
2. LA Clips: PG Ricky Rubio - already tried to trade baron, BPA, biggest need imo.
3. Wash Wiz: C Hasheem Thabeet - need a reliable big defensive prescence. Haywood was injured a lot this year, can he really be relied upon + thabeet makes an immediate impact.
4. OKC Thunder: PF Jordan Hill - need a reliable low post scorer; jeff green is more of a sf.
5. Minn T'Wolves: PG Brandon Jennings - they need a true pg and jennings is that. he will impress in workouts and make this pick a no-brainer.
6. Memphis Griz: SG James Harden - BPA in this situation. They can make mayo a pg...
7. GS Warriors: SF/SG Demar DeRozan - Another athletic, high potential wing for this running team with no direction.
8. Toronto Raptors: SF Earl Clark - tough break with DeRozan going 1 pick b4, the raps take the next best sf.
9. NY Knicks: PG/SG Stephen Curry - the knicks bring in a great shooter/scorer that fits very well into their system and helps with the recruitment of LBJ in 2010.
10. Milwaukee Bucks: PF/C Greg Monroe
11. NJ Nets: SF James Johnson
12. Indy Pacers: SG Gerald Henderson
13. Charlotte Bobcats: SG Wayne Ellington - UNC sharpshooter for MJ (UNC also...)
14. PHX Suns: PG Ty Lawson - good uptempo pg for their system and is not TO prone which will make him a good replacement for Steve Nash.
What do u think?
solid, but monroe isn't going pro. i also don't see curry going before henderson, and i think johnson will end up a sun, which is a perfect fit for their system. i don't think ellington will go to the bobcats either. they're probably getting iverson so that would be a waste, and i don't think he'll do anything in the nba.
Curry, Johnson and Ellington seem a bit high. Other then that it all looks fine.
Picks 1 through 7 seem pretty good to me, but after that I have a few questions. I don't see the Raptors drafting Earl Clark, the last thing they need is another soft oversized guard who settles for perimeter shots (parker, moon before he was traded, and to a lesser extent marion, who attacks but then puts up unorthodox floaters instead of going strong to the hoop). I'm not sure if Henderson slips that low or if Johnson goes that high...
1. earl clark is not soft.
2. i think johnson will be a workout wonder ala joe alexander.
no way do the knicks pass on monroe.
monroe is not a great fit for their system. especially compared to steph curry. last year they fit over talent and i believe they will again.
I hope the Knicks are smart enough not to pass on Curry. Once individual workouts start his stock is probably going to slide even more because he will not even be on par with a lot of the other elite guards size wise and especially athletically. The one aspect that he will shine is in shooting drills though. But there is a lot more to the game of basketball than athleticism, and no guard coming out is even close to him when it comes to understanding and feel for the game. I totally disagree with people who think that he will not be able to play the point or get his shot off in the league. He was hounded by double and triple teams and was full court pressed every time that I watched him play this year, because of such a weak supporting cast he had to break the press by himself most of the time, the fact that he was just still standing and had energy at the end of games is amazing in itself. If he goes to the Knicks it would be the perfect fit for him and he might just wind up being ROY. Offensively it would be the ideal situation for obvious reasons, and playing for D'antoni the one thing that he probably will have trouble with at the next level (defense) won't even matter because no D'antoni team will ever be required to play defense (also why the Knicks will never win anything significant as long as he's the coach there. 55 Regular season wins that they probably will do at some point with him as coach is not considered significant to me because they will never win in the playoffs)
I can name a handful of guards that are better pro prospects than Curry there is no way he is going in the lottery. Other than that looks solid....... Sure hope my raps don't take a guy like Clark
Who is better point guard than Curry in this draft with the exception of Rubio and Jennings ????? (Just curious)
Personally at the next level I would take Curry. I feel Lawson will struggle to get his shot off in the NBA. And I wonder what type of numbers Lawson would put up for a Davidson team like Curry..... In the matter of fact I dont think Lawson has ever played for a team were he didnt have a superior talent around him.
curry aint even true PG.... Lawson is a much better pro prospect
Curry is a point guard thats all that matters. How many TRUE point guards play in the NBA (everybody whats to put players in a certain ROLE if you can BALL you can BALL regardless of TRUE position). Curry has GREAT vision and and he can handle the rock GOOD enough to play point at the NBA level. Im confused what makes Lawson a better prospect that Curry. UNC would have won the championship with Curry at the point. Lawson is sooo overrated. Curry is a better offensive player and just as good on defense....
I think Jonny Flynn are better pro than Lawson...he's best PG in the draft
1) If Harden slips out of the top 5, he won't go to the Grizzlies. I disagree with the statement that OJ Mayo can be made into a PG. IMO, he's a pure scorer, and would struggle mightily having to run the point. Also, I don't think they should give up on Mike Conley quite yet. The Grizzlies will probably prefer to upgrade at PF.
2) The Warriors would be incredibly dumb to go with DeRozan. They already have a lockjam of talent at the SG position. I think they should try to trade up into the top 3 to draft Griffin or Thabeet, but if they can't do that, go for a different PF/C prospect. They could stand to add depth at PG, too.
3) If Marion stays on the Raptors, I don't seem them drafting a guy like Clark. I think their best interest is to upgrade over Anthony Parker by drafting a SG. It could be either DeRozan, Budinger, Ellington, or maybe even Henderson depending on how the lottery turns out and who's available.
4) I don't see James Johnson being a lotto pick. I think the Nets will draft a SG or SF depending on what they decide to do with Carter, but it won't be Johnson. I actually see Clark being a good fit here.
i did it based on what i think will happen not what should happen therefore i think the warriors will pick another athletic wing/2 guard with potential like derozan.
johnson will be a hot prospect leading up to the draft so he could very possibly go #11.
the griz could take harden and trade him, i just don't see him going past #6.
Curry, Johnson and Ellington seem a bit high. One thing....you forgot about Chase Budinger. There is no way that either of those 3 will go before Chase. Also....Greg Monroe is very unlikely to go this year. Otherwise looks pretty clean