My mock draft 4/13 lottery picks

R-Dot-13
R-Dot-13's picture
My mock draft 4/13 lottery picks

1. Sacramento Kings- Blake Griffin: Obvious #1 pick

2. LA Clippers- Ricky Rubio: Him and Jennings are the best point guards in the draft. Most teams pick Rubio here.

3.Washington Wizards- Hasheem Thabeet: On a team with good offensive players, this is the one spot they lack a player. Solid pick here.

4. Oklahoma City Thunder- Jordan Hill: The Thunder has a very talented backcount court, but are missing a good scorer in the post. Move Green to the 3, and you have a good team next year that can contend.

5. Minnesota Timberwolves- Brandon Jennings: Randy Foye is not a true point guard, move him to the 2 and let Brandon Jennings be a solid/good starter in his first year.

6. Memphis Grizzlies- James Harden: To good of a player to slip too far, even with his below average tournament.

7. Golden St. Warriors- Earl Clark: Big, long forward. Good skills on the offensive end. On a team with offensive minded players, they need a solid defensive player. Clark can improve to be a good defensive player if he works at it because of his length and athleticism.

8. New York Knicks- Stephen Curry: I know a lot of people will disagree, but he's the perfect fit for New York. Offensively, he can play the 1 or the 2, has great court vision, good ball handling ability, and he has such a quick release, he'll be able to get his shot off at the next level. Good pick for the Knicks here.

9. Toronto Raptors- Chase Budinger: Ok, Im a Raptors fan, and i've come to realize that the Raptors need a good scorer from the 2 spot. They cant keep focusing on their bigs to score for them everytime. Just look at good teams in the leagues, most of them have a good wing scorer(Wade, Kobe, Lebron) etc. So the Raptors need one of those to once again be a contender. Budinger is just that, he can shoot, and has good size and athleticism to score at the next level. I think he's the best pick for the Raptors.

10. Milwaukee Bucks- Al Farouq Aminu: With good starters already, they take a long, athletic forward with loads of potential.

11. New Jersey Nets- Craig Brackins: With a great backcourt, and a good low post scorer, Brackins could help take some of the pressure off Lopez scoring all the points down low.

12. Indiana- Gerald Henderson: Can get some good minutes at the 2 position, as Jarrett Jack is really a 1 not a 2.

13. Charlotte Bobcats- Wayne Ellington: UNC Shooter for Michael Jordan. Could only be a shooter at the next level, but i believe he has more skill and athleticism than other shooters in the past(Redick, Morrison) that could help his stock.

14. Phoenix Suns- Greg Monroe: Good player in the low post, who can rebound and score. Should be good there for years to come, as Shaq likely wont be around much longer.

what do you think?

Joppers
Nice!

That was an amazing, well-thought out blog. I agree with every player you put on every team. The only think that is kind of shaky is that most people do not know much about Craig Brackins, so that might be a risky pick.

Also, do you realy think Greg Monroe is going to fall all the way to 14?

R-Dot-13
R-Dot-13's picture
your right about that, i

your right about that, i believe that monroe and brackins could be switched around also

KATASTROPHE
I sounds good but I dont

I sounds good but I dont think Durant is a 2 guard he is a small foward and Green is fine at the 4. But I think they should trade the pick for an established center who can be a defensive presence in the middle.....

R-Dot-13
R-Dot-13's picture
i agree that the thunder do

i agree that the thunder do need a good centre, they tried to get chandler earlier this year.
i just did this how i thought it might turn out without trading or anything

Joppers
Jennings

As many people have noticed, Jennings is an extremely flashy player. Do you think his game will translate and be effective in the NBA?

R-Dot-13
R-Dot-13's picture
i think it can, but he cant

i think it can, but he cant be too flashy or it will hurt him, if he's not too flashy he can use his ball handling and athleticism to be a good point guard at the next level. he also needs to get a bit bigger in weight

Bradfoms
Bradfoms's picture
I like all those picks but I

I like all those picks but I have to wonder will DeRozan really fall out of the lottery?

R-Dot-13
R-Dot-13's picture
haha your right, i

haha your right, i completely forgot about derozan, i had him in there and must have taken him out at the last second. in my opinion, hes a good pick at 7,8,9 and 12

Bradfoms
Bradfoms's picture
Ya I agree I could see

Ya I agree I could see DeRozan going at 7, 8, 9. or 12 too, though I hope not to the Raptors, I actually hope they take Budinger, he is more NBA ready and has a well rounded game, except for questionable defense, which I hope can improve in time...

R-Dot-13
R-Dot-13's picture
i completely agree, i think

i completely agree, i think budinger is the best pick for the raptors than any other 2 in the draft, even harden.

Tocane
Memphis would most likely

Memphis would most likely trade their pick (Harden) for a need since they already have Mayo.

sheltwon3
sheltwon3's picture
Derozan need to be

Derozan need to be included.

1. Sacramento Kings- Blake Griffin: Obvious #1 pick
( I agree)

2. LA Clippers- Ricky Rubio: Him and Jennings are the best point guards in the draft. Most teams pick Rubio here.
(This will probaby work so they can move BD)

3.Washington Wizards- Hasheem Thabeet: On a team with good offensive players, this is the one spot they lack a player. Solid pick here.

(if they keep this pick I can see them go with Hill. Mcgee is a better version of Thabeet to me)

4. Oklahoma City Thunder- Jordan Hill: The Thunder has a very talented backcount court, but are missing a good scorer in the post. Move Green to the 3, and you have a good team next year that can contend.

(They could either trade this pick or draft Thabeet)

5. Minnesota Timberwolves- Brandon Jennings: Randy Foye is not a true point guard, move him to the 2 and let Brandon Jennings be a solid/good starter in his first year.

( I can see this happen or they could go big and grab Monroe who should improve his stock tremendously)

6. Memphis Grizzlies- James Harden: To good of a player to slip too far, even with his below average tournament.

(If Harden is taken this early it would be to trade because Grizz need a PF like Monroe if Wolves don't grab him)

7. Golden St. Warriors- Earl Clark: Big, long forward. Good skills on the offensive end. On a team with offensive minded players, they need a solid defensive player. Clark can improve to be a good defensive player if he works at it because of his length and athleticism.

(Golden State has talent at all position although they lack a true starting 4 and a playmaking 1, they may be looking to trade since they have some many pieces or they could take best available player, Earl Clark or Monroe if he slips can fill that need)

8. New York Knicks- Stephen Curry: I know a lot of people will disagree, but he's the perfect fit for New York. Offensively, he can play the 1 or the 2, has great court vision, good ball handling ability, and he has such a quick release, he'll be able to get his shot off at the next level. Good pick for the Knicks here.
(I believe he will be a good pick and scoring can make Robinson and Hughes expendable)

9. Toronto Raptors- Chase Budinger: Ok, Im a Raptors fan, and i've come to realize that the Raptors need a good scorer from the 2 spot. They cant keep focusing on their bigs to score for them everytime. Just look at good teams in the leagues, most of them have a good wing scorer(Wade, Kobe, Lebron) etc. So the Raptors need one of those to once again be a contender. Budinger is just that, he can shoot, and has good size and athleticism to score at the next level. I think he's the best pick for the Raptors.
( Opps Derozan is going here and I hope Harden does not fall because he seems like the odd person out)

10. Milwaukee Bucks- Al Farouq Aminu: With good starters already, they take a long, athletic forward with loads of potential.
( Harden can go here if he does fall; I don't think he will get drafted this early, the Bucks could pick up a shooter to replace Redd when he gets hurt or if he leaves Henderson or Ellington looks more likely)

11. New Jersey Nets- Craig Brackins: With a great backcourt, and a good low post scorer, Brackins could help take some of the pressure off Lopez scoring all the points down low.

(I feel like the Nets will definitely trade this pick unless someone they really want is here and I don't really see anyone they need, I see this going to Toronto as Nets get Marion on the cheap. think about it Harris, Marion, Carter, Lopez with Marion able to play the 3 or 4 and with Dooling and CDR and maybe Bosnar coming back. That would be a playoff team)

12. Indiana- Gerald Henderson: Can get some good minutes at the 2 position, as Jarrett Jack is really a 1 not a 2.
(Daniels and Rush or injuried Dunlevy can play this position; Brackins could maybe go here to get them someone more athletic than Troy Murphy at the 4)

13. Charlotte Bobcats- Wayne Ellington: UNC Shooter for Michael Jordan. Could only be a shooter at the next level, but i believe he has more skill and athleticism than other shooters in the past(Redick, Morrison) that could help his stock.
(Henderson is more of a Larry Brown Player)

14. Phoenix Suns- Greg Monroe: Good player in the low post, who can rebound and score. Should be good there for years to come, as Shaq likely wont be around much longer.
(Monroe will be gone before now, he is 6'10" skilled and possibly growing and he goes this late in a draft devoid of big men. No way that happens)

I will say all and all you did a great job man, I will post up a lottery similar to yours and you can check mines and coment too

what do you think?

R-Dot-13
R-Dot-13's picture
about derozan see above , i

about derozan see above , i accidentally removed him from my draft.
brackins and monroe can also be switched around, they are both good choices

Lodzio20
yes

I agree with Sheltwon..very good post

Mr. Basketball
Mr. Basketball's picture
It looks very similar to the

It looks very similar to the one i posted yesterday:

"My Latest Mock Draft 4/12 - PLEASE READ

1. Sac kings: PF Blake Griffin - enough said

2. LA Clips: PG Ricky Rubio - already tried to trade baron, BPA, biggest need imo.

3. Wash Wiz: C Hasheem Thabeet - need a reliable big defensive prescence. Haywood was injured a lot this year, can he really be relied upon + thabeet makes an immediate impact.

4. OKC Thunder: PF Jordan Hill - need a reliable low post scorer; jeff green is more of a sf.

5. Minn T'Wolves: PG Brandon Jennings - they need a true pg and jennings is that. he will impress in workouts and make this pick a no-brainer.

6. Memphis Griz: SG James Harden - BPA in this situation. They can make mayo a pg...

7. GS Warriors: SF/SG Demar DeRozan - Another athletic, high potential wing for this running team with no direction.

8. Toronto Raptors: SF Earl Clark - tough break with DeRozan going 1 pick b4, the raps take the next best sf.

9. NY Knicks: PG/SG Stephen Curry - the knicks bring in a great shooter/scorer that fits very well into their system and helps with the recruitment of LBJ in 2010.

10. Milwaukee Bucks: PF/C Greg Monroe

11. NJ Nets: SF James Johnson

12. Indy Pacers: SG Gerald Henderson

13. Charlotte Bobcats: SG Wayne Ellington - UNC sharpshooter for MJ (UNC also...)

14. PHX Suns: PG Ty Lawson - good uptempo pg for their system and is not TO prone which will make him a good replacement for Steve Nash.

What do u think?"

sheltwon3
sheltwon3's picture
You have good points but yet some of those picks don't add up

I could see Johnson going that high to Nets if they can't work out a trade because he reminds me of Granger or Josh Howard a little bit. I would take Johnny Flynn over Lawson though. Mcgee is on the same talent level as Thabeet. it would be pointless to pick up another center that will take time to develope and also Thabeet is too skinny. Haywoode has size and I thinkg Mcgee can probably get this size in 2 or 3 years. Jamison is on his last legs so it would be wise for them to pick up a 4 to maybe replace Jamison and also Blathe can play the 5 as well and he is young and still growing as far as body wise. If i was them I would still trade the pick because I don't believe Hill to be NBA ready and Thabeet is just a shot blocker to me. I believe Monroe will go higher than that and I think Harden makes a Butler and Pierce type slide into Bucks at 10. Also Evans is too great of a talent on a final four team to be coming out to not make the lottery. Mayo is not a point guard and Conley is play too well there to be replaced. Look at their starting line up, they need a 4 and quality bench players.

R-Dot-13
R-Dot-13's picture
yeah they are pretty

yeah they are pretty simular, except that i dont have johnson that high, i accidentally deleted derozan, but he'd be a little lower, clacks a big back and you dont have brackins or budinger, but other than that, simular.

R-Dot-13
R-Dot-13's picture
i liked your ellington idea

i liked your ellington idea lol, thats what gave me it .

sheltwon3
sheltwon3's picture
I like Elington and His team

I like Elington and His team did win but I don't see him going high over players from final four teams that are better. Ellington does not seem to be Larry Brown's kind of player and he is not talented enough for Brown to overlook that. They do need someone at the two spot though and if Brown can manage Evans like he did Iverson with that defense line up the Cats have this could be a scary good team.

sheltwon3
sheltwon3's picture
1. Blake Griffin- most team

1. Blake Griffin- most team in the lottery that get this pick will draft him first although if Sacramento does get him where does that put Thompson though)

2. Ricky Rubio - He seem ready and is very skilled and many teams need someone that can lead them and also I think BD time in LA is bout to come to an end. Clippers have too much talent to be this sorry)

3.Jordan Hill -- If Washington gets this pick and keeps it they need a young 4 or a strong 5 and there are no strong 5 in this draft. Hill has been compare to Bosh and if he keeps improving this could be a good pick.

4.Hasheem Thabeet- After missing out on Chandler, if Seatle gets this spot they would be wise to draft Thabeet would should help them with their defense. They have enough scorers.

5.Brandon Jennings- He is a good point that has grown since play overseas; He should be more NBA ready and hopefully he add much need muscle after being pushed around over there. If Minnesota gets this pick it would be good for them unless they want to in a different direction then Derozan and Curry could be appealing.

6.Greg Monroe- he is a skilled young big from a school known for quality bigs. I can not see how he could go too much lower in a draft that lacks big men when most teams need qualtiy big men. The Grizzlies are weak at the 4 position and he could be the perfect fit for them if they have this spot.

7. Earl Clark-- GSW could possibly has this pick and they continue to draft the same kind of players every year when they really need a low posting 4 or a back up 5. I see Clark as Odom type player and he may be the best available big unless Monroe slips.

8. Stephen Curry-- Despite a off year, this guy can shoot and he also showed enough of a playmaking ability to be a versatile guard in the coming year. The Knicks play free enough and need a shooter that he could be a great addition to this team. Eric Maynor could also jump into this area if he has strong workouts. Evan could also jump up here

9. Demar Derozan-- They Raptors need a great young swingman and strong 5. Derozan is like a poor mans Vince Carter and would help fill one of the needs.

10. James Harden-- If he falls this far the Bucks need a back up 2 for when Redd is injured or finally moves on. Harden would be perfect for this thing and has a similiar game to Redd.

11. Eric Maynor- Maynor is a skilled point guard with good size a 6'3". I believe the Nets will trade this pick but if they do keep it they will probably go small and grab a combo guard like Maynor and if the go big they could gamble on Mullens.

12.Craig Brackins-- If Indiana gets this pick they would be wise to pick up a back up and future starter at the 4 position. Brackins may be more athletic than Murphy and yet he has Murphy's inside outside game.

13.Tyreke Evans-- I believe that Henderson would be more of a Larry Brown player but Evans he such a phenominal talent that can not be past up. He could possible go sooner depending on a few earlier moves. He game has a lot of Jamal Crawford in it and I would be surprise if the Knicks grabbed him instead of Curry since Curry is undersized.

14.Johny Flynn-- The Suns could grab them Nash future replace in the talented Flynn or maybe go big but I see this as being an immediate need and they may trade down and get this pick along with a veteran big.

This was a difficult proccess and I realize this draft is weak in big men but it may not be as bad as people were saying but a lot of these players are not sure things but yet a lot could be quality players in year one.

RooeyRacer
Genius

Dude that is the perfect Mock. Totally agree with Budinger at the Raps spot. The Raps would take Budinger over Derozan and Harden in my opinion. He's more NBA ready than anyone besides Griffin in the draft.

sheltwon3
sheltwon3's picture
Are you sure

Budinger has been under achieving until this last year. He still has a lot of weakness at the 2 spot that Derozan has who is more athletic than him. Harden is not as athletic but can do everything else better. Chase does not seem to be a lottery talent to me. He is a quality swingman in a draft with so many to pick from. Toronto will pick Derozan if they keep their pick. I would say Harden but Parker is too similiar to Harden and if already a quality defender.

Bradfoms
Bradfoms's picture
Chase Budinger

He had his most consistent season this year and finished strong in the big games, especially in the NCAA tournament, something he hadn't done the past 2 years. I like that he is unselfish and doesn't take bad shots, also attacked the basket a lot more this year...I still think that there are times where he might doubt his own athleticism, and take a tougher shot at the rim instead of trying to throw it down or something, but I still think that he is more NBA ready than DeRozan, who underachieved his first year too...the Raptors can't afford to wait around for players to mature and get better, because if they have another bad season next year, I think they will lose Bosh. I think Budinger was very smart to stay in school until his junior year and will be able to help more immediately than DeRozan will, though I have no doubt that DeRozan could develop into a very nice player...

R-Dot-13
R-Dot-13's picture
I believe that derozan is

I believe that derozan is going to be a great player, but budinger with be an immediate impact to the raptors, because hes not just athletic, hes got size, and a good jumpshot. i think he'll be able to score well in his first season with the raps if they use him properly. Then need to be good next year.

sheltwon3
sheltwon3's picture
I believe Chase is more NBA Ready but

the thing is he is not that high above Derozan skill wise to offset Derozan immense potential. I watched both of them play and I just feel like Demar will a beast in his second year as a pro and Chase will be a nice role player. Demar has a more killer instinct than Chase and that will be key in the final decision.

Bradfoms
Bradfoms's picture
You could be right...but as

You could be right...but as for the killer instinct, I think Chase needs someone to light that fire, because if he did become a slasher AND a shooter and developed a better handle, he could be tough to stop with his size and athleticism, but as it stands now, I agree with you that he does need to develop the killer instinct more, though I did see it improve this year, and he wanted the ball in his hands at the end of the game, so hopefully he can continue to build on that...and also really work on the handles...

D7H7N
Chase Budinger = Mike Miller

Chase Budinger = Mike Miller

Bradfoms
Bradfoms's picture
No

Miller is far less athletic (though he's isn't "unathletic")...

R-Dot-13
R-Dot-13's picture
budinger is much more

budinger is much more athletic than miller .

henryoh90612
henryoh90612's picture
budinger is definitely more athletic

you won't see mike miller in a dunk contest, unlike budinger... (at the mcdonald's all-american game a few yrs ago)

bron42
wizards

u have them taking thabeet, when they just took mcgee last year..their like the same player

RSS: Syndicate content