take it how u want
1.Sacramento-Blake Griffin (Literally a beast, if the Kings get the #1 selection, even with all the Bigs they have, u cant pass up a talent like this)
2.Washington-Hasheem Thabeet (Seeing they have the 1,3, and 4 spot locked with Zero, A.Jamison, and C.Butler, there is honestly no way they can let a shot blocker of this caliber slip away)
3.L.A. Clippers-Earl Clark (This was probably the hardest selection for me, the Clippers have a solid backcourt, B.Davis, and Youngster E.Gordan, and the tandem of Kamen and Camby down low the only weak spot is the 3)
4.Oklahoma City-Jordan Hill (With their 1,2, and 3 spots being locked for years, the young Thunder team is in need of a big.)
5.Minnesota-Ricky Rubio(I honestly dont see the big hype on this guy, he has a sit still jumper that will be hard to get off on more athletic players in the NBA, he's not that quick, he is intellegent, but he is no Steve Nash, and even Nash has to fade back when shooting with hands in his face, even with the quick release he has, but i know he won't slip past 5 sooo ehh)
Home Town Team
6.Memphis-(and i honestly dont know which way they will go there is a route id like them to take tho, Draft James Harden, he is the best available seeing that none of our needs are on board anymore, PF or C, play him behind Mayo, and give him some time at SF, he will find a way to score in the League)
Well, he's not literally "a beast," I would say that's more of a figurative term.
yay your smart...
I dont like your LA Clippers pick, Thornton is good and Camby aging. They could really go anywhere with that pick and get rid of an old player and pick on talent not need. In OKC, Durant plays 3 and Green 4. Westbrook can play 1or2. Durant 2or3 Green 3or4. While they would like Westbrook 1,Durant 3, Green 4, they can slide westbrook over for rubio if they really want him...But i agree their biggest need is in a big.
durant plays 2
green plays 3
im stating what they play not what they can play
westbrook is a legit 1
i wouldnt draft rubio if i had the opp tho
he just dont show me anything special
I can't pick the top 5 until I know the draft order.
hard for me as well
im hoping the grizz get a top 3 pick atleast tho
Clippers will not pass up Rubio if he's on the board.
i honestly hope so
that would be a waste of a high pick
i take it you don't like Rubio. I agree with only one of you picks and the Earl Clark one is not that off but I think they will go for a point because BD days are numbered. Why are people forgetting about Haywood and McGee for Washington. Jamison is old and Blacthce(mispelled) can play the 4 and 5 but he is no Jamison. The wizards can go 1, 2, or 4. Arenas can play both guard spots and they need a bk up behind jamison. Some of their younger players like young and Blatche may get traded for a veteran as they retool and make a run like Celtics did. The Tjhunder could use a 4 but Hill is not the answer, I think they should take Thabeet or best available and trade for a veteran 4 since they are some young. If Rubio falls to 5 then the Minnesota timberwolves will be blessed if this is the Order. Memphis could pick up a two as versatile as Harden when you have a Combo in OJ but there main need is a 4 so that may not work team wise and also Derozan would be a better prospect. Harden is NBA ready so why get him and not play him what he need to play to be effective.
yea thorton is growing, it will be his third year and they aren giving up on a player that has improved from his rookie year. it is hard to tell because we don't know the actual draft order. but griffen has to be the #1. okc could use thabeet with durant, westbrook, and green and krstic off the bench with most of the offense. i dont think the clippers are sold on b davis right now. memphis should go best available big man. washington should go best available and so should sacramento.
Not bad...i cant see mr Rubio out the top 3...read my mock
hey, i'm a grizzly fan too. if they don't get blake, take jordan hill if he's available. if they get thabeet, they should trade him for another piece, they don't need any more centers. they lack at the pf spot. marc and haddadi and darko are covering the c/pf spot. thing is, blake would be a great fill in at pf and be a true one. if the grizzlies get screwed like usual in the draft, this year may look sad if they can't find anyone in free agency. best of luck grizzlies!!
Marc's natural position is PF
if we can get thabeet id be more than satisfied
and im sure we'll grab a contributor from free agency...HOPEFULLY
im high on Boozer but thats a long shot seeing he wants to be with a championship contender
im not sure who else will be round
hopefully we can sign quinton ross back good onball defender
but everyone else can be replaced
id love to have a veteren backup @ pg
and a couple hot hands(shooters)
heard of AL THORTON!!!
I think Demar DeRozan could get into the top 5. He could be a good fit in OKC. with durant at 3, green at the four. Im not sold on rubio, and thabeet could be the bust of this draft
Im going to pretend that the ping pong balls will fall in the order based on percentages. (Not likely though).
1. Kings: They dont need a PF but if they get the #1 pick they will take Griffin no doubt. They could add him Thompson and Hawes and have nice rotation there. Does anyone think they could move down and address another position say a PG?
2. Wizards: I could see the wiz going a few different ways. I could see them worried about Arenas and his knees. But they also Have a young Pg backup in Jaravis Crittenton. So I think if they are sold on him at this point they will enough skill PG.
But at this point I think they will take a chance on Hasheem Thabeet. He is a project but he can play defense which isnt the strong point of many of their starters.
3. Clippers: You can never actually tell what the Clippers are thinking, but I will try my best. I honestly don't see them going with Earl Clark as someone said before. I think They are worried about Baron Davis and if he will actually preform up to the contract he was given. So I am going to say the Clippers take Ricky Rubio.
4. Thunder: To me the Thunder have a whole at the 5 spot and the 2 spot. The coach seems to like to play Westbrook as either the PG or SG. He also likes play Durant at the 3, and Green at the 4. With Thabett gone I think the Thunder will go with Jamer Harden. He isnt as athletic as some of the Thunder's other player's but He knows how to score the ball, and is solid on defense.
5. Minnasota: For me this a tough spot to figure out. They seem have talent at the 2,3,4,5 spots. Love and Jefferson inside is a pretty good young combo. I hope Jefferson can come back 100%. At the 3 spot, they have drafter Corey Brewer lately and also have Gomes and Carney. Foye and Miller also seem have 2 spot locker up unless they trade Miller. With the current team they have right now I think they should go PG. So at this point I say they will go with Brandon Jennings because of his freakish ability and upside.
Thats my mock draft for top 5 as of now what do you guys think?
earl clark sux