This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Rong Kenny 11 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    rapsfan24
    Participant

If the Raptors draft another european I will offcially quit watching them. Not everyone can get lucky with parker and ginobli.

JimmeredYaWabafet
    Participant

well Kanter says sup

rapsfan24
    Participant

I will be livid if Kanter is drafted by the Raps. We have no need for a PF/C

rapsfan24
    Participant

yeah so then they can combine for 4 rebounds. Awful

WizardofOz
    Participant

Imagine if they draft Motiejunas. A Motiejunas/Bargnani frontcourt? LMAO!

rapsfan24
      Participant

they better lose to the wizards lol

WizardofOz
        Participant

^^ HAVE U SEEN US PLAY??? We SUCK, and we’re going to keep on out-tanking you guys and win the lottery again. 🙂

rapsfan24
          Participant

you’re probably right seeing as Toronto seems to want to win even tho they have no chance. The management is run by morons. Good thing is you dont need a PG so Kyrie is safe from the wizards.

Rong Kenny
            Participant

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

scootover7
    Participant

I personally think the Raptors need either Irving or Williams. 

omphalos
    Participant

How does Toronto not need a C? Bargnani is a natural 4, and quite frankly, a god-awful C. It would mean a choice between Bargs and Davis, but drafting Kanter who plays physically inside could do wonders for the balance of that whole Toronto team.

Also, you’d think after both Chris Bosh and Vince Carter left to play in the States you’d be sick of American players who discriminate against Canada whereas most internationals don’t have the same problem. If I were the Raptors, it’d be either Barnes, Kanter or Irving with my first pick, and honestly, they have a greater need at C than PG right now, because Bayless/Calderon is a pretty decent rotation in that they both bring something different to the table.

SwatLakeCity
    Participant

Sorry Raps but I believe you are going to have to live with another international player being drafted. You have a very obvious need for Center and both centers that could go in the lottery are European. The only other choice is Barnes. But Center is a much much more desperate need. I really think that the Raptors will either draft Kanter or Jonas and as a very last resort, Barnes but only if both Kanter and Jonas are not available which is highly unlikely.

rapsfan24
      Participant

If another Euro lands on this team I will be furious. They wont draft another one its going to be either Kemba,Irving or Barnes that they draft. Also, they have Alibi as a C

Bradfoms
    Participant

Looking at what the Raptors have done in the last 2 drafts, as well as the moves they’ve made during the season (and even the rumours about wanting to move Bargs), it appears as though they’ve finally moved away from the Euro strategy, and have gone with taking young athletic players (DeRozan, Davis, Weems, Amir, James Johnson, the Bayless trade), and their style of play has become much more up-tempo, and I think that’s the way they want to keep it. For this reason, I don’t expect to see us draft a Euro, and to be honest, given that we haven’t even seen Kanter compete at the collegiate level, I’m really not prepared to blow a top 4 or 5 pick on him, and I hope management isn’t either. We all saw how that turned out when we took Bargs…if the basketball gods are kind to us, we’ll get lucky and Irving will be available. If not, I’d like to see an upgrade at the SF, with Williams or Barnes being taken. If all 3 are off the board, then I don’t know, I guess I’ll crawl into a dark hole somewhere and come out in 2 or 3 years with hope that we are at least a 30 win team by then…

rapsfan24
      Participant

@ bradfoms

I completly agree with you. I think Bargnani is on his way out he said and i quote " its hard to be motivated at this time of year" goodbye Bargs. I think we can get some top picks for him .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login