There are many questions that come about reguarding the Detroit Pistons
1. Why is Tayshaun Prince/Stuckey still in a Pistons uniform?
Shouldn't we ship him to LA for Gasol
2. Why Isn't Andre Drummnond starting?
3. Do Joe D. even know whats going on?
4. Monroe should be imroving..stat wise
5. We need scoring from the 3 spot?
6.Why is Jerebko benched all of a sudden?
The potential is there at least...
1. They should be gone by now with Maxiel since they won't be young enough by the time the Pistons are a solid team again but Joe D. seems to have lost his touch ( I still think Joe D is looking for deals though). The Pistons need to commit fully to rebuilding.
2. He should be just the coach doesn't seem to think he can handle big minutes ( I know right? Considering he is our number #1 defensive threat)
3. Simple answer: NO (otherwise he is just ignoring it)
4. Yeah he should be
5. Knight is our best 3 point shooter. We need a better jump shooter.
6. Jerebko lost his minutes due to a lot that happened in a few games prior to his benching (according to Frank).
^That is what I believe
1. sadly prince and stuckey are still some of your better players. I think both players are a little overpriced so it is going to be hard to move them. Neither are expiring this year, right? You def need a Back up PG/SG bench spark so stuckey is needed and the duke kid may not be able to start and play a full game at sf, so prince is needed. That said, if you hate them so much, what makes you think that the lakers would trade gasol for them?? Also where would you play gasol... now you have three centers...
2. Andre Drummond is not starting because Greg Monroe plays center and Drummond is a rookie who makes a lot of stupid mistakes. Controlling minutes for rookies is a pedagogical tool used by coaches to make sure they learn to play the right way/buy into the system.
3. I dunno you would have to ask him.
4. Monroe is not always playing big minutes that is what is hurting his stats. This is because he is having trouble making the move to PF. He can't hit that elbow jumper, nor does he want to take it. Because he can't really play powerforward it is hard to have both him and Drummond on the court at the same time because you are either clogging the lane for monroe, or playing 4 on 5 on offense. 4 and 2 are kinda related imo if monroe was more comfortable being further away from the basket on offense then you would see more time for both players and an increase in monroe's stats.
5. not really a question....are you asking what kinda deal you should make to improve that? none.. this is not a playoff team. keep developing the young talent and hope for a good bounce in the lottery.
6. Jerebko is on the bench because is is not playing well.
Detroit is a good team in potential ... i think they have to give more minutes to Drummond. he could be a superstar one day. And it could be interesting move Monroe at PF with Andre at the C (yes Monroe struggles... but they have to try, they must continue to try, Monroe + Drummond could be the better PF + C in future). Of course Knight has to shoot better ... But the main issue is that Detroit needs a PG. A true PG.
I personally hate the fact that they're not fully commiting to developping their youth, which is basically the only thing that might pull this team away from mediocrity.. I also really dislike the combination of their youth and veterans, oh well what do I know, Joe Dumars makes the call I guess
As a pistons fan:
We don't want Gasoft. We need to mix experience players with younger ones otherwise we will end up like the Kings. Prince is there for leadership, I think we will draft a SF this draft and he will be groomed under Prince (polythess or porter). Maxiell is quietly having a pretty decent year. I don't know if Ben Wallace is coaching or assisting but Maxiell should be helping Drummond. Bynum has been with the club for years, he would be helping Knight.
I said it numerous times before but I would of taken JLamb instead of Drummond and had Stuckey off the bench. That being said, Singler has done pretty well for a second rounder to win a starting gig. Drummond is still raw and young. I think him coming off the bench is good for his confidence as he will generally being playing against other bench players, rather than getting eaten up by the starters.
We should land another decent lotto pick. Maggette's contract expires end of this season and i think Charlie V's is the following season. We are well under the salary cap, Detroit is a successful franchise I think they could probably sign a decent free agent. I really hope Dumars or someone in the pistons organization reads this forum so we don't have another gordon/charlie FA signing....
If I was the pistons I would go as young as possible this year, then take the best shooting guard available, like mclemore or goodwin. then tank and go young next year and take parker or wiggins. I know it is unlikely that would happen but it would give them a pretty good team going forward with all of those top 10 picks on their team. You never want to be mediocore in the NBA, so go young and tank is the best option.
I believe the Pistons need a real PG. Brandon Knight doesn't seen like he can be a legit starting PG that sets his team up. He seems more in the mold of Jason Terry which is very good but not a PG. Maybe can play it in spurts but not full time.
They have multiple guys that need to go but I think Prince, Maxiell and Will Bynum are the last of the guys that need to go. Stuckey would be the guy I try and trade first. The team is very young and it is worth keeping tough vets like Maxiell and Prince around.
Drummond had shown tons of potential but there is nothing wrong with playing him the minutes he is getting. It keeps him hungry and working hard instead if just being handed minutes. It sends the message that he needs to keep working. I think the coach has shown when he plays well, he gets a few more minutes. I like the way they are handling him.
I think its lottery protected this year and top 8 protected next... they will prob finish in the 6-10 range this year so that pick will likely go to the bobcats next year, unless there are some freak injuries... That means that this coming off-season is a big one for the pistons. Joe is going to want to please the ownership and show that he did not just waste a lottery pick to get out of a bad contract so I would expect a big move. I think they are going to have around $20m to sign a rookie, prob a pf (assuming maxiell is let go), and back up pg (assuming bynum is gone). and then maybe they will sign a wing player with the remainder. who know is they amnesty Vilanueva or not. I dunno how much of that is gonna be left over, but the best 2 guards available imo are Ellis, Evans, and Reddick. what do people think about those players? Prob dont want evans and stuckey on the same team because they are very similar...
Truett, I forgot about that first rounder.....
The Detroit Pistons have agreed to trade Ben Gordon and a 2013 protected first-round draft pick to the Charlotte Bobcats for swingman Corey Maggette.
Ben Gordon and Corey Maggette aren't the key pieces in the trade between Charlotte and Detroit. It's about a draft pick and cap relief, writes John Hollinger. Story Insider
Sources told ESPN.com the first-round pick going to Charlotte is lottery-protected in 2013, top-eight protected in 2014, top-one protected in 2015 and unprotected in 2016.
The deal provides significant long-term savings for the Pistons. Maggette is in the last year of his contract that pays him $10.9 million during the 2012-13 season.
Gordon has two years, $25.6 million left on his contract, giving the Pistons a long-term savings of $14 million.
Magette, Rip Hamilton, Maxiell and Bynum's contract all end at the end of this season. Now I know why Maxiell is playing well, its his contract year....