This topic contains 46 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Mkadoza 13 years, 5 months ago.

• Author
    Lotto Stud
    Participant

Who are your top 5 draft worthy PGs and where do you rate them going into this years draft?

1.Kyrie Irving-Lottery Top 5

2.Brandon Knight-Lottery Top 10

3.Josh Selby-Late Lottery

4.Maalik Wayns-Mid 1st round

5.Jimmer Fredette-Mid/Late 1st round

delfam
    Participant

I like your list but I’d probably put McCamey at #4 and Wayns at #5 with Fredette at 6.

delfam
    Participant

I like your list but I’d probably put McCamey at #4 and Wayns at #5 with Fredette at 6.

JNixon
    Participant

I’d put McCamey AND Freddette over Wayns.

JNixon
    Participant

I’d put McCamey AND Freddette over Wayns.

BothTeamsPlayedHard
    Participant

What exactly does McCamey do better than Fredette?

BothTeamsPlayedHard
    Participant

What exactly does McCamey do better than Fredette?

JNixon
    Participant

The only thing I’d say is he’s a more natural playmaker for others out of the pick and roll. Other than that, Fredette is better.

JNixon
    Participant

The only thing I’d say is he’s a more natural playmaker for others out of the pick and roll. Other than that, Fredette is better.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

No Kemba Walker?

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

No Kemba Walker?

sammybuckeye13
    Participant

Looks to be the 2nd straight year w/o a deep PG class. Even with Wall last year it was mediocre, only 2 true PG’s went in the first round, and this site has just 4 going in the first round in 2012. Is the point guard revolution taking a reprieve for a little while as the young stars in the league develop more? It’s about time we got some more solid true big men, too, so I see it as a good thing. Last year Andrew Bogut was All-NBA 3rd Team; 10 years ago, the 3rd Team center was David Robinson. 

sammybuckeye13
    Participant

Looks to be the 2nd straight year w/o a deep PG class. Even with Wall last year it was mediocre, only 2 true PG’s went in the first round, and this site has just 4 going in the first round in 2012. Is the point guard revolution taking a reprieve for a little while as the young stars in the league develop more? It’s about time we got some more solid true big men, too, so I see it as a good thing. Last year Andrew Bogut was All-NBA 3rd Team; 10 years ago, the 3rd Team center was David Robinson. 

BothTeamsPlayedHard
    Participant

BYU does run the pick and roll all the time, and do so quite effectively. I actually think McCamey is better as a creator for others in transition and the secondary break than once they get into the halfcourt offense.

BothTeamsPlayedHard
    Participant

BYU does run the pick and roll all the time, and do so quite effectively. I actually think McCamey is better as a creator for others in transition and the secondary break than once they get into the halfcourt offense.

DraftDanteCunningham
    Participant

lmao at McCamey over Wayns, please stop….

McCamey isn’t even a PG. He can play the 1 all he wants he’s still not a PG. I’ve watched him since high school, he’s a good combo guard.

1. Irving 

2. Wayns 

3. Kemba

then a couple combos/scoring pg’s

4. Knight (not a PG either, from watching him in HS I realize he was his team, but the kid is kind of a chucker)

5. Fredette (can score almost at will, but can run a team)

DraftDanteCunningham
    Participant

lmao at McCamey over Wayns, please stop….

McCamey isn’t even a PG. He can play the 1 all he wants he’s still not a PG. I’ve watched him since high school, he’s a good combo guard.

1. Irving 

2. Wayns 

3. Kemba

then a couple combos/scoring pg’s

4. Knight (not a PG either, from watching him in HS I realize he was his team, but the kid is kind of a chucker)

5. Fredette (can score almost at will, but can run a team)

Wreckless
    Participant

I can guarentee that Knight will go above Wayns and Walkers..

Wreckless
    Participant

I can guarentee that Knight will go above Wayns and Walkers..

BothTeamsPlayedHard
    Participant

Of course the Villanova fan has no concerns over the fact Wayns has proven absolutely nothing at the college level.

BothTeamsPlayedHard
    Participant

Of course the Villanova fan has no concerns over the fact Wayns has proven absolutely nothing at the college level.

delfam
    Participant

to say McCamey is not a true PG is ridiculous, didn’t he lead the Big Ten(maybe even NCAA) in assists last year. McCamey is probably my biggest sleeper in the draft this year, I love the tempo he plays with and he knows when to pass and when to score. I see him being like a better scoring Derek Fisher, a guy that isn’t the best but can win championships cause he plays right.

delfam
    Participant

to say McCamey is not a true PG is ridiculous, didn’t he lead the Big Ten(maybe even NCAA) in assists last year. McCamey is probably my biggest sleeper in the draft this year, I love the tempo he plays with and he knows when to pass and when to score. I see him being like a better scoring Derek Fisher, a guy that isn’t the best but can win championships cause he plays right.

JNixon
    Participant

"BYU does run the pick and roll all the time, and do so quite effectively"

They do, but Freddette looks for his own shot FAR more than he looks to create for others out of the pick and roll. McCamey creates for himself and others. I will say that Freddette looks better scoring out of the pick and roll though, just not creating opportunities for his teammates.

"Of course the Villanova fan has no concerns over the fact Wayns has proven absolutely nothing at the college level."

Exactly. SMH. No one takes a biased fan seriously guy…

JNixon
    Participant

"BYU does run the pick and roll all the time, and do so quite effectively"

They do, but Freddette looks for his own shot FAR more than he looks to create for others out of the pick and roll. McCamey creates for himself and others. I will say that Freddette looks better scoring out of the pick and roll though, just not creating opportunities for his teammates.

"Of course the Villanova fan has no concerns over the fact Wayns has proven absolutely nothing at the college level."

Exactly. SMH. No one takes a biased fan seriously guy…

JNixon
    Participant

I actually see alot of Andre Miller when I watch McCamey play.

JNixon
    Participant

I actually see alot of Andre Miller when I watch McCamey play.

delfam
    Participant

I see the Miller comparison, but I’m not sure he drives to the hole as well. I just think he’s going to be a very solid NBA pg, he won’t be the reason a team wins championships but he’ll be the glue that takes them there.

delfam
    Participant

I see the Miller comparison, but I’m not sure he drives to the hole as well. I just think he’s going to be a very solid NBA pg, he won’t be the reason a team wins championships but he’ll be the glue that takes them there.

BasterdInABasket
    Participant

Yeah I see a lot of love for Mccamey on this site but I dont see him as anything more than a combo guard next level. He does have good assist numbers in college but I dont think he has the athleticism or playmaking to be starting point. He could be decent backup maybe but thats his ceiling.

BasterdInABasket
    Participant

Yeah I see a lot of love for Mccamey on this site but I dont see him as anything more than a combo guard next level. He does have good assist numbers in college but I dont think he has the athleticism or playmaking to be starting point. He could be decent backup maybe but thats his ceiling.

delfam
    Participant

you don’t need elite athleticism to be a point guard, PG is more of a control the tempo and make the right play position. Not sure why you need elite athleticism to be a great PG, look a Derek Fisher, Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, and Andre Miller.

delfam
    Participant

you don’t need elite athleticism to be a point guard, PG is more of a control the tempo and make the right play position. Not sure why you need elite athleticism to be a great PG, look a Derek Fisher, Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, and Andre Miller.

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Didn’t McCamey lead the nation in assist? JUST ASKING

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Didn’t McCamey lead the nation in assist? JUST ASKING

BasterdInABasket
    Participant

Yeah he did and I said he has good assist numbers.

Jared Jordan led the nation in assists two years at marist… Does leading the nation in asssists make you a good nba player??

BasterdInABasket
    Participant

Yeah he did and I said he has good assist numbers.

Jared Jordan led the nation in assists two years at marist… Does leading the nation in asssists make you a good nba player??

Hi its Ben
    Participant

Well McCamey is playing in the BIG 10.. not Marist. Big difference there buddy..

Hi its Ben
    Participant

Well McCamey is playing in the BIG 10.. not Marist. Big difference there buddy..

Hale
    Participant

Did I just see great pg next to Derek Fishers name?

Hale
    Participant

Did I just see great pg next to Derek Fishers name?

BasterdInABasket
    Participant

Okay..other guys with similar assist numbers in college in big 6 conferences… mustafa shakur lavance fields and greivis vazquez

Yeah theres also guys like Wall Lawson Augustin and Conley that put great college assist numbers and start in the nba. Im not gonna say someone is going to be a good nba player just cuz they avg 7 assists in college.

BasterdInABasket
    Participant

Okay..other guys with similar assist numbers in college in big 6 conferences… mustafa shakur lavance fields and greivis vazquez

Yeah theres also guys like Wall Lawson Augustin and Conley that put great college assist numbers and start in the nba. Im not gonna say someone is going to be a good nba player just cuz they avg 7 assists in college.

Koopsta
    Participant

During his college days Andre Miller showed much more athleticism than McCamey does at the same stage. Even now I think Miller still has more bounce in his game than McCamey. Not trying to take anything away for McCamey, I think he is a great college guard. To me he projects as a better Steve Blake.

Koopsta
    Participant

During his college days Andre Miller showed much more athleticism than McCamey does at the same stage. Even now I think Miller still has more bounce in his game than McCamey. Not trying to take anything away for McCamey, I think he is a great college guard. To me he projects as a better Steve Blake.

Mkadoza
    Participant

McCamey reminds me of another thick Illinois  pg…. Frank Williams. Will his quickness translate? At least Fredette is a deadly scorer/shooter.

Mkadoza
    Participant

McCamey reminds me of another thick Illinois  pg…. Frank Williams. Will his quickness translate? At least Fredette is a deadly scorer/shooter.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login