This topic contains 17 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar sheltwon3 14 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    BigTimeJohn
    Participant

I am not saying they will all declare, but this is how I would pick them.
    1. Blake Griffin
    2. Ed Davis
    3. Greg Monroe
    4. Dejuan Blair
    5. Jordan Hill

tigers04
    Participant

come on that has to be a joke

delfam
    Participant

It really all depends who declares, especially between Monroe,Davis,Blair, and Brackins, but this would be my top 5.

1. Greg Monroe
    2. Ed Davis
    3. Jordan Hill
    4. Blake Griffin
    5. Ganai Lawal

themidnightrider
    Participant

Are you crazy? Hill is probably 6-8 and has zero basketball IQ or any post moves to speak of. He is athletic and works hard, but he will face superior competition in the NBA. Davis could theoretically have more long term potential than Griffin…maybe. And I don’t understand why people love Greg Monroe so much: we already know he is a slacker that can’t get any stronger because added weight ruins his mobility.

Lodzio20
    Participant

1. Blake Griffin
    2. Jordan Hill
    3. Greg Monroe
    4. DeJuan Blair
    5. Ed Davis
    6. Jarvis Varnado
    7. Craig Brackins
    8. Gani Lawal
    9. Tyler Hansbrough
    10. Jeff Pendergraph

Bballfan123
    Participant

If anyone has Blake Griffin anywhere but number 1 they are crazy.

tigers04
    Participant

i agree blake griffin is not only the best power forward in the draft he is the best player and will be the best pro in the entire draft

bluedevils12
    Participant

delfam ur an idiot. how the hell do u have blake griffin 4th on ur list? and the fact u even have gani lawal on there at 5 is ridiculous. do u even watch basketball?

delfam
    Participant

it says prospects, that is how I think they’ll be in a couple years. I think Griffin will be a very good player, but not a star. He is strong, but he has no post moves and can’t shoot free throws. I’ve just never seen what people see in him, he has no basketball skill at all, but in the NBA, he’ll face people taller than him and just as strong.

edoom06
    Participant

Then neither does anyone else on your list. I have seen some ridiculous stuff on this board, but your last post might just take the cake. I tell you what though, if you can find ANY basketball source, ANYTHING….website, article, youtube video, a quote…I’m talking ANYTHING from ANYBODY that actually has a working knowledge basketball (not some clown with an opinion) that thinks that Blake Griffin is the FOURTH best POWER FORWARD prospect in college basketball this year. Then post it here for us to see, and you will go down as the smartest MF to ever post about college basketball prospects

edoom06
    Participant

If you can’t do that……..what would be the polar opposite of “smartest MF”? Whatever it is, that would be you.

onski
    Participant

I just read this topic and had to join to put in my two cents. Edoom06 you crack me up, top work, polar opposites of Smartest MF. ha ha

Delfam you make me wonder if you have ever seen a game of college ball with Blake Griffin in it. Ive only seen a handful to be honest but everytime I have seen him he is a gun. In the same paragraph you say he is a good player but with no basketball skills. Hmmm you cant be a good player with no basketball skills. For someone with a huge double double average in college, he is sure going to make some ripples in the big league, there is no doubt in that. And will sure make a few more ripples than some of the names you put up. Yeah the NBA are bigger and stronger but they will be bigger and stronger for all college kids coming in. He will grow just as the others will. I think Monroe will fill a role in a team as will Hill. As for Ed Davis, stay in school son, make the team yours in the next season or two with some stars leaving, you’ll be better for it.

Delfam to me you just sound like an unhappy Syracuse man…….

PS for Me I like Griffin, Brakins, Hill, Blair, & Monroe

serialomon
    Participant

Yo, I’ve been reading some blogs and mock drafts and i can’t understand why Dejuan Balir could even possibly be in the lottery or the mid- first round.
    SOme sites list Dejuan Blair at 6’6, maximum 6’7, how could he even play power forward? Granted, he has that huge wingspan, but his wieght and lack of mobility prevent him from playing small forward at the next level.
    I dont see how people can consider him so high.
    Paul Millsap, Glen davis, sure they were undersized, but at least they were at least 6’7, 6’8 ish whereas Dejuan is definetly shorter.
    He’s got great game on the college level
    but could he possible do that in the NBA at shooting guard height?

delfam
    Participant

Im not saying Griffin is going to be bad, I see him as a starter for years to come, I just think the other guys have more potential to be all-stars. Griffin is very strong and can jump, but he has no face up game, no hook shot and can’t shoot free throws, and he isn’t a good passer. He has the potential to improve on all these, but I just don’t see it.

Stlouie52
      Participant

I have a question, why do people talk like its a bad thing that they have never seen Blake shoot midrange jumpers. He was just dunking on people. I would much rather have a kid who can get to the goal and finish strong and then develop a jumper, just like Amare did. People say he doesn’t have this stuff like he isn’t going to work to get it. This kid is going to be a stud. He is a 60% ft shooter but has a pretty stroke, and has decent handles. And he passes pretty well out of a double team which you would have noticed if you saw the UNC-OU elite 8 game, had his guards been able to hit a few 3’s that would have been a much better game. I think he will be a top 3 PF in the league by the time he is 25

delfam
    Participant

That’s what I’ve been saying, he doesn’t have those things, but he can develop them, now I don’t think he will develop them, that is why I have those other guys ahead of him, but Im not saying he can’t develop them and become great.

BigTimeJohn
    Participant

The reason I would put Ed Davis at number two is that I think he will be as good as Chris Bosh. Anyone who thinks Griffin doesn’t have post moves is crazy. He has every post move and can score in just about any way he wants down low. If he develops an 18 foot jumper and adds some strength, it’s game over. I think Griffin has a chance to be one of the best power forwards of all time.

sheltwon3
    Participant

I have not seen many of Blake Griffin games. The ones I did see, he was a flat out stud. I mean if he adds a jumper it will be scary and he has a great work ethic so I do not see why not. I think Greg Monroe has more pontential than Jordan Hill. I seen Hill play and he is decent but he is not all that to me. Also I think in the long run Ed Davis is probably second best but I have not had a chance to see him much but he moves well and has basketball pedigree.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login