This topic contains 16 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar imAboutDatAction 10 years ago.

• Author
    mouchy18
    Participant

**Disclaimer I haven’t really reveiwed the games of all the top H.S in 2014. Much can change after a yr of college ball

From what I have seen of the class of 2014 and what is left on the college basketball landscape, the 2015 draft class seems life its shaping up to be a alltime weak draft?  Is because its filled with Big men? What are your prespectives about the class as a whole?

imAboutDatAction
    Participant

def. not one of the weakest of all time. from right now, after reviewing the tape, scouting reports, all star games, etc of these prospects, seems like theres a few prospects here with elite upside. it doesnt come off as a deep,strong draft but it also doesnt come off as weak. 

things can change for the better or worse as the college season starts though. theres always prospects that stock fall due to their flaws being exposed or prospects who were underrated and shot up draft boards.

imAboutDatAction
    Participant

def. not one of the weakest of all time. from right now, after reviewing the tape, scouting reports, all star games, etc of these prospects, seems like theres a few prospects here with elite upside. it doesnt come off as a deep,strong draft but it also doesnt come off as weak. 

things can change for the better or worse as the college season starts though. theres always prospects that stock fall due to their flaws being exposed or prospects who were underrated and shot up draft boards.

he_gets_buckets
    Participant

Definitely not that weak. Got big time freshmen coming in, Jahlil Okafor, Emmanuel Mudiay among others, then plenty of guys in the college landscape who could shoot up draft boards with strong sophomore, junior or senior seasons. Guys like Caris LeVert, Spencer Dinwiddie(Coming off a pretty bad injury), Wayne Selden, Montrezl Harrell, Jabari Bird, Marcus Paige, Sam Dekker. There is plenty of talent in this coming class.

he_gets_buckets
    Participant

Definitely not that weak. Got big time freshmen coming in, Jahlil Okafor, Emmanuel Mudiay among others, then plenty of guys in the college landscape who could shoot up draft boards with strong sophomore, junior or senior seasons. Guys like Caris LeVert, Spencer Dinwiddie(Coming off a pretty bad injury), Wayne Selden, Montrezl Harrell, Jabari Bird, Marcus Paige, Sam Dekker. There is plenty of talent in this coming class.

Hitster
    Participant

It’s a long way off but IMO next year’s draft looking at Aran’s mock looks at worse very solid in my view. There may not at this moment be the highly tipped superstars like Parker and Wiggins were at this stage a year ago but certainly the likes of Okafor, Turner etc make it look a very decent bigs class. I haven’t seen that much of Emmanuel Mudiay yet as I’m from England but he looks a very good prospect and a year under Larry Brown will surely help him hugely.

Hitster
    Participant

It’s a long way off but IMO next year’s draft looking at Aran’s mock looks at worse very solid in my view. There may not at this moment be the highly tipped superstars like Parker and Wiggins were at this stage a year ago but certainly the likes of Okafor, Turner etc make it look a very decent bigs class. I haven’t seen that much of Emmanuel Mudiay yet as I’m from England but he looks a very good prospect and a year under Larry Brown will surely help him hugely.

Ebown5
    Participant

My early impressions of next year’s draft are that it is likely to be better than average. This year is great, and last year was weak, but there are a number of players that have star potential next year.

Let’s see if the Harrison twins stay, as I think they should. If they continue to improve I think that they both are solid first round picks next year. Wayne Seldon has top 10 talent, along with Montrezl Harrel.

There are a ton of highly rated freshmen too. Okafor and Mudiay especially look like stars.

Ebown5
    Participant

My early impressions of next year’s draft are that it is likely to be better than average. This year is great, and last year was weak, but there are a number of players that have star potential next year.

Let’s see if the Harrison twins stay, as I think they should. If they continue to improve I think that they both are solid first round picks next year. Wayne Seldon has top 10 talent, along with Montrezl Harrel.

There are a ton of highly rated freshmen too. Okafor and Mudiay especially look like stars.

i’m jus so offended
    Participant

Hahaha what?! How are you going to put that disclaimer up and then start throwing around assumptions and opinions? The class can actually super strong and deep, as awlways depending on player progression. There are big impact guys like Okafor, Mudiay, Alexander. Big time potential guys with Turner, Oubre, Johnson and Towns. And that’s just the HS kids. There are plenty of established and huge potential college guys as well. I think the 2015 mock is poorly put together as Dekker, Kaminsky, Dakari all as likely 1st rounders and also no Jordan Adams

i’m jus so offended
    Participant

Hahaha what?! How are you going to put that disclaimer up and then start throwing around assumptions and opinions? The class can actually super strong and deep, as awlways depending on player progression. There are big impact guys like Okafor, Mudiay, Alexander. Big time potential guys with Turner, Oubre, Johnson and Towns. And that’s just the HS kids. There are plenty of established and huge potential college guys as well. I think the 2015 mock is poorly put together as Dekker, Kaminsky, Dakari all as likely 1st rounders and also no Jordan Adams

DolanCare
    Participant

Next year’s draft has a chance to be a good one. Especially in terms of big men: Okafor, Alexander, Lyles, Harrell, Dakari Johnson, Marcus Lee, Cauly Stein, Towns. 

If Montrezel Harrell continues to improve next season he could be a game changing player. 

DolanCare
    Participant

Next year’s draft has a chance to be a good one. Especially in terms of big men: Okafor, Alexander, Lyles, Harrell, Dakari Johnson, Marcus Lee, Cauly Stein, Towns. 

If Montrezel Harrell continues to improve next season he could be a game changing player. 

imAboutDatAction
      Participant

wow, while i agree with you on this point, i just noticed  5 of them play for Kentucky.

LOL thats just insane amount of talent in the paint.

imAboutDatAction
      Participant

wow, while i agree with you on this point, i just noticed  5 of them play for Kentucky.

LOL thats just insane amount of talent in the paint.

Hitster
    Participant

Very good point by No Left, next year’s class looks to be deep with big men. After Embiid there are no other legit C’s in Aran’s first round mock and only two other mainly PF’s in the top 20. So teams will have needs still to fill in that area and add in the ageing of a lot of the great NBA frontcourters – these guys will need to be replaced in due course.

Hitster
    Participant

Very good point by No Left, next year’s class looks to be deep with big men. After Embiid there are no other legit C’s in Aran’s first round mock and only two other mainly PF’s in the top 20. So teams will have needs still to fill in that area and add in the ageing of a lot of the great NBA frontcourters – these guys will need to be replaced in due course.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login