This topic contains 54 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Lotto Stud 12 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    Lotto Stud
    Participant

This upcoming 2012 Draft class will be the a very stacked PG class if not the biggest one ever. With all the names swirling around I would like to know who needs a PG? Like which teams will take a PG out of want over need, because of the potential from this class.

Can you pinpoint which teams will be looking for a PG heading into the 2012 Draft as of right now with the lockout still taking its course?

1. Marquis Teague, Kentucky

2. Myck Kabongo, Texas

3. Kendall Marshall, North Carolina

4. Josiah Turner, Arizona

5. Maalik Wayns, Villanova

6. Tony Wroten Jr., Washington

7. Tomas Satoransky, Czech Republic

8. Ian Miller, Florida State

9. Keith Appling, Michigan State

10. Ray McCallum, Detroit

Bmore_DC
    Participant

i highly disagree with you saying this PG class is stacked…so saying it might be the best ever is just insane…

Bmore_DC
    Participant

i highly disagree with you saying this PG class is stacked…so saying it might be the best ever is just insane…

Bmore_DC
    Participant

jeff416
    Participant

I actually think this is a pretty weak PG class.

jeff416
    Participant

jeff416
    Participant

Wreckless
    Participant

Toronto, Utah. Maybe LAC, If they want a Kendall Marshall or Kabongo.

Wreckless
    Participant

Wreckless
    Participant

aamir543
    Participant

When was the last time Memphis Tyga made a thread that didn’t get negs? I don’t know what’s gotton into him lately. I blame David Stern.

aamir543
    Participant

When was the last time Memphis Tyga made a thread that didn’t get negs? I don’t know what’s gotton into him lately. I blame David Stern.

aamir543
    Participant

Chilbert arenas
    Participant

Alot of unproven players that have high ceilings but could all be busts.  But a teams that could use a PG… The Lakers, since Fish is on his way out.  Jazz since they didn’t draft Jimmer or Knight like everyone expected. And Knicks because Billips wont be there too much longer and though I love Shumpert he isn’t the future at that spot.  

Chilbert arenas
    Participant

Alot of unproven players that have high ceilings but could all be busts.  But a teams that could use a PG… The Lakers, since Fish is on his way out.  Jazz since they didn’t draft Jimmer or Knight like everyone expected. And Knicks because Billips wont be there too much longer and though I love Shumpert he isn’t the future at that spot.  

Chilbert arenas
    Participant

eprizzle14
    Participant

just to say maalik wayns is not very good.

eprizzle14
    Participant

eprizzle14
    Participant

Lotto Stud
    Participant

6 potential 1st Round PG candidates with their type of caliber I consider that a good class. Since you all beg to differ please explain why the Top 6 rated guys would not make this a good stacked class if their all 1st Round material?

Lotto Stud
    Participant

6 potential 1st Round PG candidates with their type of caliber I consider that a good class. Since you all beg to differ please explain why the Top 6 rated guys would not make this a good stacked class if their all 1st Round material?

Lotto Stud
    Participant

apb540
    Participant

Because 4 of the 6 have not played a college game yet, one that has is unathletic and has one of the slowest shots i’ve seen, and the other one with experience is overrated. And I support Nova being from the area.   

apb540
    Participant

Because 4 of the 6 have not played a college game yet, one that has is unathletic and has one of the slowest shots i’ve seen, and the other one with experience is overrated. And I support Nova being from the area.   

apb540
    Participant

paradigmn
    Participant

Its’s yet 2 be determined if this years point guard class is stacked or not… BUT…here seems to be a "stacked" class of point guards:

2009 NBA Draft

(4) TYREKE EVANS ( combo guard, yes…but plays the point right now, until Jimmer can step up)

(5) RICKY RUBIO ( jurry is definitely out on Rubio, but still considered a good point guard by many )

(6) JOHNNY FLYNN ( showed flashes of being a good pg b4 injury, want to see a full healthy season b4 I judge more)

(7) STEPHEN CURRY ( steal of draft IMO..kind of a combo guard cuz of situation with Ellis in GS, but has all the trimmings for being a great PG for years to come )

(10) BRANDON JENNINGS ( super exciting to watch..needs to play "smarter" but no doubt has the talent to be a great PG in the league)

(17) JRUE HOLIDAY ( really came into his own these past playoffs..showed me he is more than capable of running an NBA team at the PG position )

(18) TY LAWSON ( Minnesota traded the wrong PG on draft day…lol…dude is one of quickest in the league with ball in his hands…another talented young PG that will be around for quite a while )

(19) JEFF TEAGUE ( Another PG that had a great playoffs…still…needs to back it up with a productive season…if there is a season!!! )

(20) ERIC MAYNOR ( One of the better back up PG in the league, IMO, plus is still so young…should have a nice career )

(21) DARREN COLLISON ( I take it back…this might be the steal of the draft…lol…I really like his game and with him at the starting PG spot, I like the direction the Pacer’s are headed )

(25) RODRIGUE BEAUBOIS ( When healthy has looked good…needs to STAY heatlhy though )

This is 11 point guards drafted in the first round…obviously not HALLof FAMERS…but….only been in the league 2 years…and….so far so good.

I am not saying the 2012 class of point guards can’t compete with these guys…but….the 2009 class seems to have set the bar as far as overall depth at the PG position for an NBA draft.

paradigmn
    Participant

Its’s yet 2 be determined if this years point guard class is stacked or not… BUT…here seems to be a "stacked" class of point guards:

2009 NBA Draft

(4) TYREKE EVANS ( combo guard, yes…but plays the point right now, until Jimmer can step up)

(5) RICKY RUBIO ( jurry is definitely out on Rubio, but still considered a good point guard by many )

(6) JOHNNY FLYNN ( showed flashes of being a good pg b4 injury, want to see a full healthy season b4 I judge more)

(7) STEPHEN CURRY ( steal of draft IMO..kind of a combo guard cuz of situation with Ellis in GS, but has all the trimmings for being a great PG for years to come )

(10) BRANDON JENNINGS ( super exciting to watch..needs to play "smarter" but no doubt has the talent to be a great PG in the league)

(17) JRUE HOLIDAY ( really came into his own these past playoffs..showed me he is more than capable of running an NBA team at the PG position )

(18) TY LAWSON ( Minnesota traded the wrong PG on draft day…lol…dude is one of quickest in the league with ball in his hands…another talented young PG that will be around for quite a while )

(19) JEFF TEAGUE ( Another PG that had a great playoffs…still…needs to back it up with a productive season…if there is a season!!! )

(20) ERIC MAYNOR ( One of the better back up PG in the league, IMO, plus is still so young…should have a nice career )

(21) DARREN COLLISON ( I take it back…this might be the steal of the draft…lol…I really like his game and with him at the starting PG spot, I like the direction the Pacer’s are headed )

(25) RODRIGUE BEAUBOIS ( When healthy has looked good…needs to STAY heatlhy though )

This is 11 point guards drafted in the first round…obviously not HALLof FAMERS…but….only been in the league 2 years…and….so far so good.

I am not saying the 2012 class of point guards can’t compete with these guys…but….the 2009 class seems to have set the bar as far as overall depth at the PG position for an NBA draft.

paradigmn
    Participant

2009 NBA Draft

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

I think this class of point guards are very overrated..There might be a few all stars from this class down the road,but there are no Wall,CP3.D Will or Roses..But if they work hard on their games they can become great players like a Rondo or Billups..

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

I think this class of point guards are very overrated..There might be a few all stars from this class down the road,but there are no Wall,CP3.D Will or Roses..But if they work hard on their games they can become great players like a Rondo or Billups..

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

Than, yes, maybe you would think this is "a very stacked PG class if not the biggest one ever". However, seeing that the Class of 2009 provided 11 first round picks at the position (well done, paradigmn), as well as the 2008, 2010 and 2011 having PG’s being picked 1st, this class at the very least leaves something to be desired. I mean, the 2011 draft had 8 PG’s picked in the first round (if you consider your boy, Iman Shumpert, a PG), with 2 picked in the top 10. Was it considered a stacked PG class? 6 out of 30 translates to 20%. Seeing that there are usually 5 defined positions, that would mean that this more than likely would mean the PG class would be average.

Throw in that right now you have 2 of the 14 projected to go lottery, this PG class seems to not be overly special. Yes, they will probably do well in college, most first round picks do, but that does not mean there success will carry over to the NBA, and if you are in need of a top flight PG, these guys are wildly unproven, with no guarantee of any of them being All-Star caliber players. It could happen, but the odds are, you are getting a middle of the pack PG in the 2012 draft judging by who will be entering.

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

Than, yes, maybe you would think this is "a very stacked PG class if not the biggest one ever". However, seeing that the Class of 2009 provided 11 first round picks at the position (well done, paradigmn), as well as the 2008, 2010 and 2011 having PG’s being picked 1st, this class at the very least leaves something to be desired. I mean, the 2011 draft had 8 PG’s picked in the first round (if you consider your boy, Iman Shumpert, a PG), with 2 picked in the top 10. Was it considered a stacked PG class? 6 out of 30 translates to 20%. Seeing that there are usually 5 defined positions, that would mean that this more than likely would mean the PG class would be average.

Throw in that right now you have 2 of the 14 projected to go lottery, this PG class seems to not be overly special. Yes, they will probably do well in college, most first round picks do, but that does not mean there success will carry over to the NBA, and if you are in need of a top flight PG, these guys are wildly unproven, with no guarantee of any of them being All-Star caliber players. It could happen, but the odds are, you are getting a middle of the pack PG in the 2012 draft judging by who will be entering.

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

Malik-Universal
    Participant

doing research b4 blurting out anwsers is the way it should be done

Malik-Universal
    Participant

Malik-Universal
    Participant

JoeWolf1

I really don’t think Kendall Marshall is going to go pro after his Sophomore season.  I see him as a 3 or 4 year player.

JoeWolf1

I really don’t think Kendall Marshall is going to go pro after his Sophomore season.  I see him as a 3 or 4 year player.

JoeWolf1

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

Yeah, i thought i was the only person that thought Kendall Marshall was a little overrated..I see him as a better college player than pro…

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

Yeah, i thought i was the only person that thought Kendall Marshall was a little overrated..I see him as a better college player than pro…

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

iguapops420
    Participant

Marshall is a terrific pg who is by all means a 3-4 year player. (4 if he’s smart) He could excell in the right situation, but with his athleticism and slow-shot, I definitely see a great college guard, career backup(sometime 3rd string).I’m a fan though.

It’s a decent PG class, but not the best. There is potential, but how often is potential actually reached?

BTW, Shumpert wasn’t drafted to play the 1, he was drafted as a defensive 2 who could do some of the ball-handling.

iguapops420
    Participant

Marshall is a terrific pg who is by all means a 3-4 year player. (4 if he’s smart) He could excell in the right situation, but with his athleticism and slow-shot, I definitely see a great college guard, career backup(sometime 3rd string).I’m a fan though.

It’s a decent PG class, but not the best. There is potential, but how often is potential actually reached?

BTW, Shumpert wasn’t drafted to play the 1, he was drafted as a defensive 2 who could do some of the ball-handling.

iguapops420
    Participant

rileymcshea3
    Participant

This class has maybe 2 pgs that will go in the lottery ,so do not understand how this class might be the best ever .

And with the league having so many star pgs these guys probably wont even be top 10 pgs in the NBA

Kyrie Irving is way better then all of these guys and might not even be a to 10 pg in the NBA

rileymcshea3
    Participant

This class has maybe 2 pgs that will go in the lottery ,so do not understand how this class might be the best ever .

And with the league having so many star pgs these guys probably wont even be top 10 pgs in the NBA

Kyrie Irving is way better then all of these guys and might not even be a to 10 pg in the NBA

rileymcshea3
    Participant

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Consider Teague, Wroten, Marshall, Kabongo all Lotto prospects!

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Lotto Stud
    Participant

The rest may be irrelevant, but there will be quite a few serviceable PGs to go around. Guys like Tyshawn Taylor who is a legitimate guy will get overlooked especially due to his weak Kansas squad this year.

Lotto Stud
    Participant

The rest may be irrelevant, but there will be quite a few serviceable PGs to go around. Guys like Tyshawn Taylor who is a legitimate guy will get overlooked especially due to his weak Kansas squad this year.

Lotto Stud
    Participant

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login