This topic contains 48 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar King Calucha 10 years ago.

• Author
    bdiddy5115
    Participant

Make your own conclusions about who stays and who goes. My list probably overrates the incoming freshman a bit (most early big boards do), as you have to assume that they’ll adjust to the college game mentally.

Here’s mine:

1. Jahlil Okafor*** | C | 6’11" 270 | Duke | 18 
    A rare blend of size, skill, length and post-upside. Motor could improve.
    2. Myles Turner*** | C/PF | 7’0” 230 | Undecided | 18
    Developing on O (shows promise) but already dominant on D. Needs to assert himself on O.
    3. Stanley Johnson*** | SF | 6’7” 230 | Arizona | 17
    Incredibly well-rounded physical wing who plays both ends. J is still developing.
    4. Emmanuel Mudiay*** | PG/SG | 6’5” 200 | SMU | 18
    Freakish Westbrook-like PG who’s an unstoppable penetrator. PG skills are still a work in progress.
    5. Cliff Alexander*** | PF/C | 6’9” 255 | Kansas | 18
    Bull in the paint with athleticism, strength and nastiness. Needs offensive polish.
    6. Wayne Selden* | SG | 6’5” 225 | Kansas | 19
    I expect a breakout year. Well rounded, big 2 who just needs to assert himself more.
    7. Rashad Vaughn*** | SG | 6’6” 195 | UNLV | 17
    Athletic 2 with all the tools to be an elite scorer. Needs maturity, strength and polish.
    8. Mario Hezonja** | SG/SF | 6’6” 200 | Croatia | 19
    Big time scorer who has fairly complete skillset. Lacks length and needs work on D.
    9. Kelly Oubre*** | SF/SG | 6’7” 190 | Kansas | 18
    Has the explosiveness and outside stroke, but is he ready?
    10. Dakari Johnson* | C | 6’11” 260 | Kentucky | 18
    Big physical 5 who’s advanced offensively, but he’s not explosive and he needs work on D
    11. Trey Lyles*** | PF | 6’9" 235 | Kentucky | 18
    Very advanced offensive game for his age, but doesn’t have the top explosiveness/defensive upside as the top bigs.
    12. Justise Winslow*** | SF | 6’6” 215 | Duke | 18
    Strong athletic glue-guy who can do it all. Does he have the mentality to be more than a role player?
    13. Tyus Jones*** | PG | 6’1” 185 | Duke | 18
    Advanced shoot-pass PG with impressive skillset. Isn’t overly impressive physically.
    14. Brice Johnson* | PF | 6’10” 210 | North Carolina | 19
    Long athlete with some offensive upside. Needs muscle and polish.
    15. Kristaps Porzingis** | PF | 6’11” 215 | Latvia | 19
    Active, long 4 man with range and athleticism. Also needs muscle and polish.
    16. Karl-Anthony Towns*** | C/PF | 7’0” 245 | Kentucky | 18
    Incredible skills for size, but he screams underachiever to me.
    17. Bobby Portis* | PF | 6’9” 230 | Arkansas | 19
    Solid but unspectacular young 4 who checks most of the boxes.
    18. Jabari Bird* | SG | 6’6” 205 | California | 19
    Smooth 2 with size and solid stroke. Needs to develop ball skills and consistency.
    19. Nikola Milutinov** | C | 6’11” 225 | Serbia | 19
    Mobile C with developing offensive game. Still a bit of an unknown.
    20. Theo Pinson Jr.*** | SG/SF | 6’6” 185 | North Carolina | 18
    Athletic and energetic wing who needs to add muscle and a consistent J.

bdiddy5115
    Participant

21. JaQuan Lyle*** | PG | 6’4” 220 | Oregon | 19
    Underrated PG who’s huge and a solid playmaker/shooter. Not a great athlete however, and like many others here, he needs polish.
    22. Marcus Lee* | PF/C | 6’10” 210 | Kentucky | 19
    Raw athletic big with defensive upside. Needs lots of work on O.
    23. Rondae Hollis-Jefferson* | SF | 6’7" 215 | Arizona | 19
    Long slashing wing with impressive defensive ability. Lacks explosiveness and range.
    24. Cameron Ridley* | C | 6’11” 275 | Texas | 20
    Huge body with solid post game. Conditioning and consistency are questions.
    25. Delon Wright* | PG/SG | 6’5” 175 | Utah | 21
    Big, stat-sheet filler at the 1 spot. Lacks range and bulk.
    26. Rysheed Jordan* | PG | 6’4” 195 | St. John’s | 19
    Big penetrating 1 with athleticism. Jumper and PG skills are still developing.
    27. Isaiah Whitehead*** | SG/PG | 6’4" 195 | Seton Hall | 19
    Explosive combo guard with creating ability. Can he develop other areas of his game?
    28. Caris LeVert* | SG | 6’6" 185 | Michigan | 19
    Long 2 with nice defensive tools. Not the most explosive or fluid shot-creator.
    29. Chris Walker* | PF | 6’9" 205 | Florida | 19
    Freakish athlete at the 4 spot, but still incredibly raw. I’m not sold.
    30. Zak Irvin* | SG | 6’5" 205 | Michigan | 19
    Smooth shooter with nice upside. Needs to develop his ball skills.
    31. Juwan Staten* | PG | 6’1" 195 | West Virginia | 21
    Explosive PG with the ability to get to the rim. Lacks range.
    32. Kaleb Tarczewski* | C | 7’0" 250 | Arizona | 21
    Steady 7-footer with solid offensive game. Lacks length and arguably, upside.
    33. Sindarius Thornwell* | SG | 6’5" 205 | South Carolina | 19
    Good sized 2 with offensive upside. Shot-selection and efficiency were concerning last year.
    34. Shawn Long* | PF | 6’10" 245 | Louisiana-Lafayette | 21
    Big 4 with range and ability to crash the glass. Competition level and age may impact his stock.
    35. Kasey Hill* | PG | 6’2" 180 | Florida | 20
    Will have the opportunity to be the guy next year. Has most of the tools (J needs work) but I wonder if Donovan will give him the freedom.
    36. Isaiah Taylor* | PG | 6’1" 170 | Texas | 19
    Love his headiness, quickness and creating ability, but he desperately needs some range and bulk.
    37. Jarell Martin* | PF | 6’9" 225 | LSU | 19
    Young 4 with nice faceup offensive game. Needs to hit the glass harder, doesn’t impact the game enough on D.
    38. Terran Petteway* | SF/SG | 6’6" 205 | Nebraska | 21
    Active, athletic wing who needs polish offensively.
    39. Brandon Ashley* | PF | 6’8" 225 | Arizona | 19
    Advanced 4 with impressive offensive arsenal. Size concerns hold him back.
    40. Frank Kaminsky* | C/PF | 6’11" 230 | Wisconsin | 21

bdiddy5115
    Participant

21. JaQuan Lyle*** | PG | 6’4” 220 | Oregon | 19
    Underrated PG who’s huge and a solid playmaker/shooter. Not a great athlete however, and like many others here, he needs polish.
    22. Marcus Lee* | PF/C | 6’10” 210 | Kentucky | 19
    Raw athletic big with defensive upside. Needs lots of work on O.
    23. Rondae Hollis-Jefferson* | SF | 6’7" 215 | Arizona | 19
    Long slashing wing with impressive defensive ability. Lacks explosiveness and range.
    24. Cameron Ridley* | C | 6’11” 275 | Texas | 20
    Huge body with solid post game. Conditioning and consistency are questions.
    25. Delon Wright* | PG/SG | 6’5” 175 | Utah | 21
    Big, stat-sheet filler at the 1 spot. Lacks range and bulk.
    26. Rysheed Jordan* | PG | 6’4” 195 | St. John’s | 19
    Big penetrating 1 with athleticism. Jumper and PG skills are still developing.
    27. Isaiah Whitehead*** | SG/PG | 6’4" 195 | Seton Hall | 19
    Explosive combo guard with creating ability. Can he develop other areas of his game?
    28. Caris LeVert* | SG | 6’6" 185 | Michigan | 19
    Long 2 with nice defensive tools. Not the most explosive or fluid shot-creator.
    29. Chris Walker* | PF | 6’9" 205 | Florida | 19
    Freakish athlete at the 4 spot, but still incredibly raw. I’m not sold.
    30. Zak Irvin* | SG | 6’5" 205 | Michigan | 19
    Smooth shooter with nice upside. Needs to develop his ball skills.
    31. Juwan Staten* | PG | 6’1" 195 | West Virginia | 21
    Explosive PG with the ability to get to the rim. Lacks range.
    32. Kaleb Tarczewski* | C | 7’0" 250 | Arizona | 21
    Steady 7-footer with solid offensive game. Lacks length and arguably, upside.
    33. Sindarius Thornwell* | SG | 6’5" 205 | South Carolina | 19
    Good sized 2 with offensive upside. Shot-selection and efficiency were concerning last year.
    34. Shawn Long* | PF | 6’10" 245 | Louisiana-Lafayette | 21
    Big 4 with range and ability to crash the glass. Competition level and age may impact his stock.
    35. Kasey Hill* | PG | 6’2" 180 | Florida | 20
    Will have the opportunity to be the guy next year. Has most of the tools (J needs work) but I wonder if Donovan will give him the freedom.
    36. Isaiah Taylor* | PG | 6’1" 170 | Texas | 19
    Love his headiness, quickness and creating ability, but he desperately needs some range and bulk.
    37. Jarell Martin* | PF | 6’9" 225 | LSU | 19
    Young 4 with nice faceup offensive game. Needs to hit the glass harder, doesn’t impact the game enough on D.
    38. Terran Petteway* | SF/SG | 6’6" 205 | Nebraska | 21
    Active, athletic wing who needs polish offensively.
    39. Brandon Ashley* | PF | 6’8" 225 | Arizona | 19
    Advanced 4 with impressive offensive arsenal. Size concerns hold him back.
    40. Frank Kaminsky* | C/PF | 6’11" 230 | Wisconsin | 21

bdiddy5115
    Participant

Also, since it got cut off, here’s the key:

* = Assuming they return to school
    ** = Foreign Prospect
    *** = Incoming Freshman

bdiddy5115
    Participant

Also, since it got cut off, here’s the key:

* = Assuming they return to school
    ** = Foreign Prospect
    *** = Incoming Freshman

Memphis Madness
    Participant

Interesting to see a ranking of these guys.  I bet MOST of those guys will fall somewhere in the first round. 

I would also have to look at Chris Walker as being a top of the first round kind of player if he lives up to the hype.

I am assuming you have Aaron Gordon, the Harrison Twins, and most of the other type guys declaring for the draft.

Wonder when we hear from DeAndre Daniels?  He has a lot of buzz right now, but if he comes back I can see him being a top 10-15 pick. 

Mitch McGary came back to school, got hurt, and completely fell off the radar.  If he returns and plays well he could move back into the first round.

Memphis Madness
    Participant

Interesting to see a ranking of these guys.  I bet MOST of those guys will fall somewhere in the first round. 

I would also have to look at Chris Walker as being a top of the first round kind of player if he lives up to the hype.

I am assuming you have Aaron Gordon, the Harrison Twins, and most of the other type guys declaring for the draft.

Wonder when we hear from DeAndre Daniels?  He has a lot of buzz right now, but if he comes back I can see him being a top 10-15 pick. 

Mitch McGary came back to school, got hurt, and completely fell off the radar.  If he returns and plays well he could move back into the first round.

bdiddy5115
    Participant

Yeah, I assumed that Parker, Gordon, the Harrisons and Daniels all declared for 2014. 

Daniels is an interesting prospect because he’s actually flourished since moving to the college 4 spot, where he can use his skillset to his advantage and his length allows him to still fluster most college 4s. Most would call him a 3, but his footspeed and ball-handling ability aren’t particularly promising for the 3 spot. 

His production down the stretch was impressive, but he seems to be a bit of a tweener. I kind of like the idea of him manning the 4 spot in small-ball lineups, assuming he’s able to put on some weight, of course.

I think I’d put McGary up there in the 35-40 mix now that I think about it. His injuries have jaded me and others, and the fact that he’ll be 22 won’t help his cause. He’s clearly capable of putting up big numbers, but we’re yet to see him do it over a sustained period. He’ll have to if he wants to salvage his stock.

[EDIT] Freshman such as Chris McCullough, Kevon Looney and D’Angelo Russell would be on this board, but they seem to be guys who would/should stay an extra year (as of now, anyways).

bdiddy5115
    Participant

Yeah, I assumed that Parker, Gordon, the Harrisons and Daniels all declared for 2014. 

Daniels is an interesting prospect because he’s actually flourished since moving to the college 4 spot, where he can use his skillset to his advantage and his length allows him to still fluster most college 4s. Most would call him a 3, but his footspeed and ball-handling ability aren’t particularly promising for the 3 spot. 

His production down the stretch was impressive, but he seems to be a bit of a tweener. I kind of like the idea of him manning the 4 spot in small-ball lineups, assuming he’s able to put on some weight, of course.

I think I’d put McGary up there in the 35-40 mix now that I think about it. His injuries have jaded me and others, and the fact that he’ll be 22 won’t help his cause. He’s clearly capable of putting up big numbers, but we’re yet to see him do it over a sustained period. He’ll have to if he wants to salvage his stock.

[EDIT] Freshman such as Chris McCullough, Kevon Looney and D’Angelo Russell would be on this board, but they seem to be guys who would/should stay an extra year (as of now, anyways).

TarHeelRaven
    Participant

You have tyus jones as a lottery pick who hasn’t played a single game in college yet and no Marcus Paige who was an all acc and all American who is returning next year stronger and more confident?

TarHeelRaven
    Participant

You have tyus jones as a lottery pick who hasn’t played a single game in college yet and no Marcus Paige who was an all acc and all American who is returning next year stronger and more confident?

bdiddy5115
      Participant

@TarHeelRaven 

I like Paige as a college player, but not so much as an NBA prospect. He would be in that 35-45 mix (I think I just bumped him out), but as of now, he’s a scoring PG without impressive physical tools. 

I understand that the scoring has been out of necessity to some extent, and his PG skills may not be well represented by his 4.2 apg, but I’d like to see some more out of him before putting him any higher. 

bdiddy5115
      Participant

@TarHeelRaven 

I like Paige as a college player, but not so much as an NBA prospect. He would be in that 35-45 mix (I think I just bumped him out), but as of now, he’s a scoring PG without impressive physical tools. 

I understand that the scoring has been out of necessity to some extent, and his PG skills may not be well represented by his 4.2 apg, but I’d like to see some more out of him before putting him any higher. 

Make’Em Say UGH
        Participant

I’m not offended by Tyus Jones being ranked higher than Paige as that would be the trend in 5 star recruits going one-and-done into successful NBA players. With that being said, he is definitely UNC’s best player and deserves more credit, should be mentioned in the 15-25 range IMO.

I would not draft another Tarheel above him next year. I am excited to see the new recruits though, especially Justin Jackson and Theo Pinson and I’m hopefull they will develop into stars in the next 2 years. Paige’s already developed game + leadership is highly underrated in my opinion.

Make’Em Say UGH
        Participant

I’m not offended by Tyus Jones being ranked higher than Paige as that would be the trend in 5 star recruits going one-and-done into successful NBA players. With that being said, he is definitely UNC’s best player and deserves more credit, should be mentioned in the 15-25 range IMO.

I would not draft another Tarheel above him next year. I am excited to see the new recruits though, especially Justin Jackson and Theo Pinson and I’m hopefull they will develop into stars in the next 2 years. Paige’s already developed game + leadership is highly underrated in my opinion.

Forte IV
    Participant

I’m of the opinion that Shawn Long has a chance to be a lottery pick next year. He has so many talents I feel it would be hard for teams to pass on him even with him being 22 next draft.

Forte IV
    Participant

I’m of the opinion that Shawn Long has a chance to be a lottery pick next year. He has so many talents I feel it would be hard for teams to pass on him even with him being 22 next draft.

reanimator
    Participant

All around horrible big board. 

reanimator
    Participant

All around horrible big board. 

Memphis Madness
    Participant

If you need a big guy it looks like 2015 is your year. 

If Ryan Boatright doesn’t come out, I would look for him somewhere in the late first round to mid-second round as a projected back up guard who would be fairly polished as a four year guy.  He could be a deep reserve guy who sticks around as a solid all-around player who fills in as a third string point guard — kind of like a new Kevin Ollie. 

Memphis Madness
    Participant

If you need a big guy it looks like 2015 is your year. 

If Ryan Boatright doesn’t come out, I would look for him somewhere in the late first round to mid-second round as a projected back up guard who would be fairly polished as a four year guy.  He could be a deep reserve guy who sticks around as a solid all-around player who fills in as a third string point guard — kind of like a new Kevin Ollie. 

imAboutDatAction
      Participant

Boatright is not a 1st round talent.

great defender, doesnt provide anything else that translates to the NBA.poor NBA tools. 

he’ll probably be a 2nd round flyer for someone.

imAboutDatAction
      Participant

Boatright is not a 1st round talent.

great defender, doesnt provide anything else that translates to the NBA.poor NBA tools. 

he’ll probably be a 2nd round flyer for someone.

Land of Grant
    Participant

I saw Jahlil Okafor on ESPN a few weeks ago and I wasn’t impressed. He was slow, disengaged, he turned the ball over, his athleticism and motor both seemed terrible.

Never seen Myles Turner play but he seems intriguing as a really quick, athletic big who can step out and shoot and protect the rim.

With that and other things in mind, here’s my top 10.

1: Myles Turner. Seems to have a perimeter game, which is unique among bigs, as well as outstanding athletic tools.

2: Emmanuel Mudiay. Potential to be DOMINANT. Will get to the rim effortlessly, and has elite physical tools. Once you have those, it’s all about the teachable things, and he’s got a great teacher in Larry Brown.

3: Karl Towns. If he gets playing time, he’ll be awesome. Fluid, athletic, coordinated, can shoot, pass, or go to the rim, and can guard on the perimeter and most players on the inside.

4: Cliff Alexander. Just a beast. Reminds me of Derrick Favors, who had potential to be great. Will be great on D, and even if he doesn’t develop a shot-creation game, will be solid on offense with nasty screens, offensive boards, and finishes.

5: Tyus Jones. Shot creation. With him running your offense, you’ll get a ton of great shots. The bigs have the slight edge over him due to a far greater defensive impact.

6: Jahlil Okafor. He’ll learn to use his bulk and quickness, and does have potential to be a GREAT inside scorer.

7: Theo Pinson. Great athleticism, mentality, scoring game, defensive ability. A guy who can be a great teammate, and a star.

8: Kelly Oubre. Has great physical tools and a solid offensive game and defensive potential. I think he’ll have a great year and show that he can shoot a jumper or slash to the rim effectively.

9: Kevon Looney. Makes so many plays without the ball, as he showed in the McDonalds’ game, and is just a perfect gap filler who will be solid at everything.

10: Rashad Vaughn. Great scorer, great athlete, probably a good defender. Guys who can get their own shots without help are huge.

Shaping up to be an awesome draft, I left out some amazing players.

Land of Grant
    Participant

I saw Jahlil Okafor on ESPN a few weeks ago and I wasn’t impressed. He was slow, disengaged, he turned the ball over, his athleticism and motor both seemed terrible.

Never seen Myles Turner play but he seems intriguing as a really quick, athletic big who can step out and shoot and protect the rim.

With that and other things in mind, here’s my top 10.

1: Myles Turner. Seems to have a perimeter game, which is unique among bigs, as well as outstanding athletic tools.

2: Emmanuel Mudiay. Potential to be DOMINANT. Will get to the rim effortlessly, and has elite physical tools. Once you have those, it’s all about the teachable things, and he’s got a great teacher in Larry Brown.

3: Karl Towns. If he gets playing time, he’ll be awesome. Fluid, athletic, coordinated, can shoot, pass, or go to the rim, and can guard on the perimeter and most players on the inside.

4: Cliff Alexander. Just a beast. Reminds me of Derrick Favors, who had potential to be great. Will be great on D, and even if he doesn’t develop a shot-creation game, will be solid on offense with nasty screens, offensive boards, and finishes.

5: Tyus Jones. Shot creation. With him running your offense, you’ll get a ton of great shots. The bigs have the slight edge over him due to a far greater defensive impact.

6: Jahlil Okafor. He’ll learn to use his bulk and quickness, and does have potential to be a GREAT inside scorer.

7: Theo Pinson. Great athleticism, mentality, scoring game, defensive ability. A guy who can be a great teammate, and a star.

8: Kelly Oubre. Has great physical tools and a solid offensive game and defensive potential. I think he’ll have a great year and show that he can shoot a jumper or slash to the rim effectively.

9: Kevon Looney. Makes so many plays without the ball, as he showed in the McDonalds’ game, and is just a perfect gap filler who will be solid at everything.

10: Rashad Vaughn. Great scorer, great athlete, probably a good defender. Guys who can get their own shots without help are huge.

Shaping up to be an awesome draft, I left out some amazing players.

TarHeelRaven
    Participant

I don’t think Paige is a lottery pick, but I do think he should at least somewhere in the early to mid-20’s.  I hear a lot about Tyus Jones and how he’s got such a great basketball IQ but he lacks any sort of physical standout traits like elite speed or quickness.  I’m really interested to see him play next year.  

TarHeelRaven
    Participant

I don’t think Paige is a lottery pick, but I do think he should at least somewhere in the early to mid-20’s.  I hear a lot about Tyus Jones and how he’s got such a great basketball IQ but he lacks any sort of physical standout traits like elite speed or quickness.  I’m really interested to see him play next year.  

DukeDaSquad
    Participant

I think that Kasey Hill and Jarell Martin are too low on your big board

DukeDaSquad
    Participant

I think that Kasey Hill and Jarell Martin are too low on your big board

ncballer

Props to you for sticking your neck out there.  

I love the love for Rashad Vaughn.  He is very underrated, and is an alpha socerer who should put up some big numbers right away for UNLV.  It makes me sick he won’t be in UNC blue next season.  

Okafor is someone I can’t quite figure out yet.  He dominates when he is supposed to, but often struggles against length and athetlicism.  I would personally have him at 3 behind Turner and Alexander.  I just believe they will pan out to be better players.  

I am a lot higher on Winslow than other people.  He is an Andre Iguodala type with an already pro body.  He dominates the game without scoring.  I personally would take him top 10 and not look back.  

I actually am not sure why Tyus Jones is so high (this is my one big complaint).  I just think he is really close to his ceiling.  Don’t get me wrong I expect him to have a Tyler Ennis effect at Duke and be a stud in college, but honestly I just don’t see a lot of upside in him.  I would put him in the 35-45 range with Marcus Paige.  I actually think Paige has more upside than Jones.  Paige has longer arms, quicker feet, a more lethal shot and can put on more muscle.  (That may be the homer in me talking).  

ncballer

Props to you for sticking your neck out there.  

I love the love for Rashad Vaughn.  He is very underrated, and is an alpha socerer who should put up some big numbers right away for UNLV.  It makes me sick he won’t be in UNC blue next season.  

Okafor is someone I can’t quite figure out yet.  He dominates when he is supposed to, but often struggles against length and athetlicism.  I would personally have him at 3 behind Turner and Alexander.  I just believe they will pan out to be better players.  

I am a lot higher on Winslow than other people.  He is an Andre Iguodala type with an already pro body.  He dominates the game without scoring.  I personally would take him top 10 and not look back.  

I actually am not sure why Tyus Jones is so high (this is my one big complaint).  I just think he is really close to his ceiling.  Don’t get me wrong I expect him to have a Tyler Ennis effect at Duke and be a stud in college, but honestly I just don’t see a lot of upside in him.  I would put him in the 35-45 range with Marcus Paige.  I actually think Paige has more upside than Jones.  Paige has longer arms, quicker feet, a more lethal shot and can put on more muscle.  (That may be the homer in me talking).  

TarHeelRaven
    Participant

Quicker, stronger and more athletic guards are going to give tyus Jones fits at the collegiate level.

Hale
      Participant

We get it, you don’t like him. I live 20 minutes away from where he plays his games and he’s good. Not a crazy athletic specimen, but he’s very cerebral and virtually always makes the right play. There is no doubt in my mind he’s going to be a great college player next year. I hate Duke as much as the next guy but enough is enough.

Hale
      Participant

We get it, you don’t like him. I live 20 minutes away from where he plays his games and he’s good. Not a crazy athletic specimen, but he’s very cerebral and virtually always makes the right play. There is no doubt in my mind he’s going to be a great college player next year. I hate Duke as much as the next guy but enough is enough.

TarHeelRaven
    Participant

Quicker, stronger and more athletic guards are going to give tyus Jones fits at the collegiate level.

kg_2_kp
    Participant

*These are my top 30 prospects heading into next season assuming Parker, J. Grant, M. Harrell, the Harrison twins and the rest of these guys all return to school.

1. Jabari Parker 6-8 235 SF Duke Soph.
    2. Emmanuel Mudiay 6-5 190 PG SMU Fr.
    3. Cliff Alexander 6-9 240 PF Kansas Fr.
    4. Myles Turner 6-11 230 C Undecided Fr.
    5. Jahlil Okafor 6-11 270 C Duke Fr.
    6. Kelly Oubre 6-7 200 SF Kansas Fr.
    7. Rondae Hollis-Jefferson 6-7 215 SF Arizona Soph.
    8. Marcus Lee 6-9 215 PF Kentucky Soph.
    9. Jerami Grant 6-8 210 SF Syracuse Jr.
    10. Wayne Selden 6-5 230 SG Kansas Soph.
    11. Chris Walker 6-10 215 PF Florida Soph.
    12. Caris LeVert 6-6 185 SG Michigan Jr.
    13. Brice Johnson 6-9 210 PF North Carolina Jr.
    14. Stanley Johnson 6-7 225 SF Arizona Fr.
    15. Montrezl Harrell 6-8 235 PF Louisville Jr.
    16. Glenn Robinson III 6-6 220 SF Michigan Jr.
    17. Rashad Vaughn 6-5 210 SG UNLV Fr.
    18. Dario Saric 6-10 225 SF Croatia Int.
    19. Sindarius Thornwell 6-5 206 SG South Carolina Soph.
    20. Kasey Hill 6-1 181 PG Florida Soph.
    21. Kaleb Tarczewksi 7-0 235 C Arizona Jr.
    22. Aaron Harrison 6-6 218 SG Kentucky Soph.
    23.Terran Petteway 6-6 210 SG Nebraska Jr.
    24. Marcus Paige 6-1 175 PG North Carolina Jr.
    25. Troy Williams 6-7 206 SF Indiana Soph.
    26. Andrew Harrison 6-6 215 PG Kentucky Soph.
    27. Brandon Ashley 6-9 230 PF Arizona Jr.
    28. Jabari Bird 6-6 190 SG California Soph.
    29. A.J. Hammons 7-0 260 C Purdue Jr.
    30. Alex Poythress 6-8 239 SF Kentucky Jr.

The next five (If they’re all still playing in the NCAAs, of course)

31. Jordan Adams 6-5 220 SG UCLA Jr.
    32. Branden Dawson 6-6 230 SF Michigan St. Sr.
    33. Nick Johnson 6-3 200 SG Arizona Sr.
    34. Olivier Hanlan 6-4 185 PG Boston College Jr.
    35. Isaiah Austin 7-1 220 C Baylor Jr.

Crossyboy
      Participant

You have the Harrison twins & Harrell all coming back, but none of them really improving their stock? I feel someone would pick up Aaron in the mid-twenties & Andrew wouldn’t be too far behind.

Think Harrell would be making a mistake coming back in such a big heavy draft and the only way the twins would be back is if they could push themselves into lottery contention.

Crossyboy
      Participant

You have the Harrison twins & Harrell all coming back, but none of them really improving their stock? I feel someone would pick up Aaron in the mid-twenties & Andrew wouldn’t be too far behind.

Think Harrell would be making a mistake coming back in such a big heavy draft and the only way the twins would be back is if they could push themselves into lottery contention.

kg_2_kp
    Participant

*These are my top 30 prospects heading into next season assuming Parker, J. Grant, M. Harrell, the Harrison twins and the rest of these guys all return to school.

1. Jabari Parker 6-8 235 SF Duke Soph.
    2. Emmanuel Mudiay 6-5 190 PG SMU Fr.
    3. Cliff Alexander 6-9 240 PF Kansas Fr.
    4. Myles Turner 6-11 230 C Undecided Fr.
    5. Jahlil Okafor 6-11 270 C Duke Fr.
    6. Kelly Oubre 6-7 200 SF Kansas Fr.
    7. Rondae Hollis-Jefferson 6-7 215 SF Arizona Soph.
    8. Marcus Lee 6-9 215 PF Kentucky Soph.
    9. Jerami Grant 6-8 210 SF Syracuse Jr.
    10. Wayne Selden 6-5 230 SG Kansas Soph.
    11. Chris Walker 6-10 215 PF Florida Soph.
    12. Caris LeVert 6-6 185 SG Michigan Jr.
    13. Brice Johnson 6-9 210 PF North Carolina Jr.
    14. Stanley Johnson 6-7 225 SF Arizona Fr.
    15. Montrezl Harrell 6-8 235 PF Louisville Jr.
    16. Glenn Robinson III 6-6 220 SF Michigan Jr.
    17. Rashad Vaughn 6-5 210 SG UNLV Fr.
    18. Dario Saric 6-10 225 SF Croatia Int.
    19. Sindarius Thornwell 6-5 206 SG South Carolina Soph.
    20. Kasey Hill 6-1 181 PG Florida Soph.
    21. Kaleb Tarczewksi 7-0 235 C Arizona Jr.
    22. Aaron Harrison 6-6 218 SG Kentucky Soph.
    23.Terran Petteway 6-6 210 SG Nebraska Jr.
    24. Marcus Paige 6-1 175 PG North Carolina Jr.
    25. Troy Williams 6-7 206 SF Indiana Soph.
    26. Andrew Harrison 6-6 215 PG Kentucky Soph.
    27. Brandon Ashley 6-9 230 PF Arizona Jr.
    28. Jabari Bird 6-6 190 SG California Soph.
    29. A.J. Hammons 7-0 260 C Purdue Jr.
    30. Alex Poythress 6-8 239 SF Kentucky Jr.

The next five (If they’re all still playing in the NCAAs, of course)

31. Jordan Adams 6-5 220 SG UCLA Jr.
    32. Branden Dawson 6-6 230 SF Michigan St. Sr.
    33. Nick Johnson 6-3 200 SG Arizona Sr.
    34. Olivier Hanlan 6-4 185 PG Boston College Jr.
    35. Isaiah Austin 7-1 220 C Baylor Jr.

Kinguy11
    Participant

Thought I’d do a top 10 for fun, despite not having extensive knowledge about most of the incoming prospects.

1. Myles Turner – C – Fr. – The long body plus the ability to step out and hit the 3 at his size and at his age intrigues me.

2. Cliff Alexander – PF – Fr. – Has all the physical tools to make it big but needs to develop his offense.

3. Jahlil Okafor – C – Fr. – Has some great post moves for his age, but his lack of athleticsm makes me think other players will surpass him as they continue to improve.

4. Emmaunel Mudiay – PG – Fr. – Looks like an absolute beast. If he develops his PG skills he’ll be a star.

5. Stanley Johnson – SF – Fr. – Well-rounded and athletic but lacks a consistant jumpshot. He shows some nice ballhandling skills as well so he could possibly be a 2 or point forward in the future.

6. Wayne Selden – SG – So. – Finally a sophmore and one with a ton of potenial. I he’s showed flashes this season and I’m looking forward to see how he goes with Wiggins gone next season.

7. Trey Lyles – PF – Fr. – I’m perhaps being too high on this guy but I love his offensive polish and length. I think he can step in right away and at least partially fill the void that Julius Randle will inevitably leave.

8. Mario Hezonja – SG – Intl. – Has shown ability when given oppotunity his season. I think he’ll continue to improve in Spain next season and, if he improves his defense, could be a star in the NBA. 

9. Glen Robinson III – SF – Jr. – He’s played second fiddle this year and third fiddle the year before the year before, but he’s slowly become more aggresive and I’d like to think he’ll fill the hole Stauskas is leaving.

10. Chris Walker – PF – So. – I’d like to see what a full season under Donovan can do for Walker. I think that he’ll be able to become the dominant inside presense he was hyped to be coming into Florida.

Kinguy11
    Participant

Thought I’d do a top 10 for fun, despite not having extensive knowledge about most of the incoming prospects.

1. Myles Turner – C – Fr. – The long body plus the ability to step out and hit the 3 at his size and at his age intrigues me.

2. Cliff Alexander – PF – Fr. – Has all the physical tools to make it big but needs to develop his offense.

3. Jahlil Okafor – C – Fr. – Has some great post moves for his age, but his lack of athleticsm makes me think other players will surpass him as they continue to improve.

4. Emmaunel Mudiay – PG – Fr. – Looks like an absolute beast. If he develops his PG skills he’ll be a star.

5. Stanley Johnson – SF – Fr. – Well-rounded and athletic but lacks a consistant jumpshot. He shows some nice ballhandling skills as well so he could possibly be a 2 or point forward in the future.

6. Wayne Selden – SG – So. – Finally a sophmore and one with a ton of potenial. I he’s showed flashes this season and I’m looking forward to see how he goes with Wiggins gone next season.

7. Trey Lyles – PF – Fr. – I’m perhaps being too high on this guy but I love his offensive polish and length. I think he can step in right away and at least partially fill the void that Julius Randle will inevitably leave.

8. Mario Hezonja – SG – Intl. – Has shown ability when given oppotunity his season. I think he’ll continue to improve in Spain next season and, if he improves his defense, could be a star in the NBA. 

9. Glen Robinson III – SF – Jr. – He’s played second fiddle this year and third fiddle the year before the year before, but he’s slowly become more aggresive and I’d like to think he’ll fill the hole Stauskas is leaving.

10. Chris Walker – PF – So. – I’d like to see what a full season under Donovan can do for Walker. I think that he’ll be able to become the dominant inside presense he was hyped to be coming into Florida.

WITNESS2014
    Participant

I expect big things from Wayne Seldon next year. One guy I don’t see on there is D’Angelo Russell. First time I’ve been excited about a recruit coming to Ohio State since Oden, Conley, and Cook came. Russell is going to surprise a lot of people.

WITNESS2014
    Participant

I expect big things from Wayne Seldon next year. One guy I don’t see on there is D’Angelo Russell. First time I’ve been excited about a recruit coming to Ohio State since Oden, Conley, and Cook came. Russell is going to surprise a lot of people.

cha
    Participant

Here are my top three!

1. Emmanuel Mudiay – I really think this kid is going to be downright special. He has all the tools to be dominant; quick, fast, body control, explosive and not to mention he’s bigger than most PGs (6’5 with a frame that can fill out) He also seems to have a low center of gravity, he reminds me of Baron Davis and Harden with that type of frame. He can pass; great vision but still learning the ropes to be a better PG and floor general. 

2. Jahil Okar – He will be a dominant college player from day 1. Flat out huge size, incredible footwork and offensive skills. Good passer to boot. His lack of a ‘go-to move’ is not a big issue but certainly something to take note of. Conditioning is still a work in progress. Defense, I’m not sure how he will translate that to the NBA against quicker big men and against the P&R how will be contain the dribbler as most (successful) teams play ice. 

3. Myles Turner – High upside; may be the highest (coin toss between he and Mudiay) Great physical tools, quick off his feet and the ability to contain the dribble as well as hedge. He has an interesting shot with range near thE NBA 3. Used to have an ugly shot (think Noah) but has worked on it and is now consistent with his form; shows you his IQ and work ethic. His defense is already dominant as he can block and alter shot after shot. Still refining his post skills in general; ability to pass out of the double, strength is an issue (was measured at 215 but gained considerable weight since then now at 240) still needs to gain muscle to defend NBA bigs; Runs the floor well (has the speed) but it’s clear that he is still growing into his own skin (had a massive growth spurt); he runs awkwardly (think Bambi on ice) 

Honorable mention: Stanley Johnson: all around player; intense; great defender and very strong. Still needs to refine his offensive game and while he’s a good athlete he is somewhat advertised as a ‘freak’ because of his ability to bully and play like a man amongst boys in HS however that wouldn’t that be the case in college let alone the NBA. 

cha
    Participant

Here are my top three!

1. Emmanuel Mudiay – I really think this kid is going to be downright special. He has all the tools to be dominant; quick, fast, body control, explosive and not to mention he’s bigger than most PGs (6’5 with a frame that can fill out) He also seems to have a low center of gravity, he reminds me of Baron Davis and Harden with that type of frame. He can pass; great vision but still learning the ropes to be a better PG and floor general. 

2. Jahil Okar – He will be a dominant college player from day 1. Flat out huge size, incredible footwork and offensive skills. Good passer to boot. His lack of a ‘go-to move’ is not a big issue but certainly something to take note of. Conditioning is still a work in progress. Defense, I’m not sure how he will translate that to the NBA against quicker big men and against the P&R how will be contain the dribbler as most (successful) teams play ice. 

3. Myles Turner – High upside; may be the highest (coin toss between he and Mudiay) Great physical tools, quick off his feet and the ability to contain the dribble as well as hedge. He has an interesting shot with range near thE NBA 3. Used to have an ugly shot (think Noah) but has worked on it and is now consistent with his form; shows you his IQ and work ethic. His defense is already dominant as he can block and alter shot after shot. Still refining his post skills in general; ability to pass out of the double, strength is an issue (was measured at 215 but gained considerable weight since then now at 240) still needs to gain muscle to defend NBA bigs; Runs the floor well (has the speed) but it’s clear that he is still growing into his own skin (had a massive growth spurt); he runs awkwardly (think Bambi on ice) 

Honorable mention: Stanley Johnson: all around player; intense; great defender and very strong. Still needs to refine his offensive game and while he’s a good athlete he is somewhat advertised as a ‘freak’ because of his ability to bully and play like a man amongst boys in HS however that wouldn’t that be the case in college let alone the NBA. 

moochiee
    Participant

1. Jahlil Okafor – Obviously not the most athletic prospect, but he is elite in so many other aspects. Most skilled back to the basket center to come along in years.

2. Emmanuel Mudiay – He just fits the new breed of NBA point guard. Based on his athleticism alone, he’s got a very high ceiling, but more than that he’s actually proved himself to be a good playmaker. His jumpshot needs improvement, but it’s better than Wall’s or Rose’s at the same age.

3. Myles Turner – It still remains to be seen if he can live up to his massive potential. He reminds me of Anthony Davis in a lot of ways. He could easily be #1 on this list, but from a production stand point he’s still behind a lot of these guys. He’s still kind of an unknown so I’m just cautious to see how he’ll be able to produce at the next level against more physical competition.

4. Stanley Johnson – Plays both ends of the floor. Elite defender, great athlete, and has the potential to be a very good scorer at the next level. Has a really nice handle for a wing player and can shoot the ball pretty well. I think he’s gonna be a great player just because the work ethic and character is there.

5. Cliff Alexander- Just a beast. Excellent rebounder and clearly an elite athlete. He’s got a great motor as well. Mix all those ingredients together and you’re almost guaranteed to get something good.

6. Tyus Jones – I think Jones is definitely underrated at the moment. He doesn’t have that "Wow" athleticism that you find in most of the top prospects, but his basketball IQ is off the charts. He’s one of the best pure point guards that I’ve seen in the past decade, just really makes everyone around him better. He’s not so unathletic that he’s going to be overwhelmed either, he should be able to hold his own on any level. I think he’s got a bit of Chris Paul in him

7. Justise Winslow – Kid is just a winner. He’s hyper competitive and plays with a non-stop motor on defense. Offensively he is pretty raw and is not a great shooter, but he’ll scrap for every loose ball and rebound and give you 14 a night. Reminds me of MKG, who managed to go 2nd overall a few years back

8. Trey Lyles – Gotta like his offensive polish. He’s got a really nice skill set, and his body keeps improving. Reminds me a bit of Carlos Boozer

9. Kelly Oubre – Has a lot of upside. Good size, very good athlete, and a pretty nice stroke. I think he’s a few years away from being dominant as he needs to get stronger.

10. Rondae Hollis-Jefferson – Showed out duirng the NCAA tournament. He’s a physical specimen with a lot of potential. He’s set up to take a big step forward next year with more playing time being available. If he works hard and adds a decent jumper to his repetoire than he can definitely be a top 10 prospect next year.

moochiee
    Participant

1. Jahlil Okafor – Obviously not the most athletic prospect, but he is elite in so many other aspects. Most skilled back to the basket center to come along in years.

2. Emmanuel Mudiay – He just fits the new breed of NBA point guard. Based on his athleticism alone, he’s got a very high ceiling, but more than that he’s actually proved himself to be a good playmaker. His jumpshot needs improvement, but it’s better than Wall’s or Rose’s at the same age.

3. Myles Turner – It still remains to be seen if he can live up to his massive potential. He reminds me of Anthony Davis in a lot of ways. He could easily be #1 on this list, but from a production stand point he’s still behind a lot of these guys. He’s still kind of an unknown so I’m just cautious to see how he’ll be able to produce at the next level against more physical competition.

4. Stanley Johnson – Plays both ends of the floor. Elite defender, great athlete, and has the potential to be a very good scorer at the next level. Has a really nice handle for a wing player and can shoot the ball pretty well. I think he’s gonna be a great player just because the work ethic and character is there.

5. Cliff Alexander- Just a beast. Excellent rebounder and clearly an elite athlete. He’s got a great motor as well. Mix all those ingredients together and you’re almost guaranteed to get something good.

6. Tyus Jones – I think Jones is definitely underrated at the moment. He doesn’t have that "Wow" athleticism that you find in most of the top prospects, but his basketball IQ is off the charts. He’s one of the best pure point guards that I’ve seen in the past decade, just really makes everyone around him better. He’s not so unathletic that he’s going to be overwhelmed either, he should be able to hold his own on any level. I think he’s got a bit of Chris Paul in him

7. Justise Winslow – Kid is just a winner. He’s hyper competitive and plays with a non-stop motor on defense. Offensively he is pretty raw and is not a great shooter, but he’ll scrap for every loose ball and rebound and give you 14 a night. Reminds me of MKG, who managed to go 2nd overall a few years back

8. Trey Lyles – Gotta like his offensive polish. He’s got a really nice skill set, and his body keeps improving. Reminds me a bit of Carlos Boozer

9. Kelly Oubre – Has a lot of upside. Good size, very good athlete, and a pretty nice stroke. I think he’s a few years away from being dominant as he needs to get stronger.

10. Rondae Hollis-Jefferson – Showed out duirng the NCAA tournament. He’s a physical specimen with a lot of potential. He’s set up to take a big step forward next year with more playing time being available. If he works hard and adds a decent jumper to his repetoire than he can definitely be a top 10 prospect next year.

King Calucha
    Participant

I’ve got the feeling that Towns will put great stats in his freshman year. People tend to forget that he already played with grown men in his national team. Experience always counts…

King Calucha
    Participant

I’ve got the feeling that Towns will put great stats in his freshman year. People tend to forget that he already played with grown men in his national team. Experience always counts…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login