This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar he_gets_buckets 10 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
    max23
    Participant

He has looked really good in the first half,and actually creating his shot not only on spot ups…Wow i really hope its not a fluke performance(the fact that hes being guarded by an athletic defender makes me believe it isnt)and the start of great things for him and consistency.

llperez

lol, I was just thinking about creating a glenn robinson thread not long ago discussin him amongst the most dominant college players of recent decades when he put up 30.3 points and 11.1 rebounds and carried purdue to an 29-5 record. Then I saw this thread and thought someone else beat me to it. Alas, this is about glenn robinson the 3rd. oh well.

llperez

lol, I was just thinking about creating a glenn robinson thread not long ago discussin him amongst the most dominant college players of recent decades when he put up 30.3 points and 11.1 rebounds and carried purdue to an 29-5 record. Then I saw this thread and thought someone else beat me to it. Alas, this is about glenn robinson the 3rd. oh well.

JoeWolf1

I think he’s a tad overrated. I think he’s not strong enough or polished enough, at 6’6” to play SF at a high level in the NBA. You don’t have to be built like Lebron to play the 3, but you have to be long, strong, or a good outside shooter, and I’ve always felt Glen was just average in terms of ball handling, shooting, and perimeter defense. 

I personally don’t think he’s a lottery caliber player unless he were to work on his three point shot enough where he could be a big two guard. He absolutely gets murdered every time he gets posted up by a bigger player, and NBA SF’s will do that if they can. 

I don’t dislike him, he’s got a lot of tools, but I think he’s a jack of all trades, master of none, without the athletic ability or length to make it work as a high level prospect. I think he’d be a great guy to take 16-25 and let him develop on the bench for a few years and hope he can improve enough to play by year two or three, but I just don’t see him as a lotto pick, or anyone to expect to play out of the gate.

JoeWolf1

I think he’s a tad overrated. I think he’s not strong enough or polished enough, at 6’6” to play SF at a high level in the NBA. You don’t have to be built like Lebron to play the 3, but you have to be long, strong, or a good outside shooter, and I’ve always felt Glen was just average in terms of ball handling, shooting, and perimeter defense. 

I personally don’t think he’s a lottery caliber player unless he were to work on his three point shot enough where he could be a big two guard. He absolutely gets murdered every time he gets posted up by a bigger player, and NBA SF’s will do that if they can. 

I don’t dislike him, he’s got a lot of tools, but I think he’s a jack of all trades, master of none, without the athletic ability or length to make it work as a high level prospect. I think he’d be a great guy to take 16-25 and let him develop on the bench for a few years and hope he can improve enough to play by year two or three, but I just don’t see him as a lotto pick, or anyone to expect to play out of the gate.

he_gets_buckets
      Participant

Only bone I have to pick with your points is when you marginilise his athletic ability in your final paragraph. Sure he isnt a John Wall speedster, but the kid has speed and major hops. He is an extremely good athlete, an average basketball player though.

he_gets_buckets
      Participant

Only bone I have to pick with your points is when you marginilise his athletic ability in your final paragraph. Sure he isnt a John Wall speedster, but the kid has speed and major hops. He is an extremely good athlete, an average basketball player though.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login