This topic contains 28 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar IndianaBasketball 9 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    Rakki
    Participant

if he get anything near max. hope they get stuck with him

[email protected]
    Participant

but I know the Cavs have him and Parsons as plan b and c.

During Wiggins press conference they mentioned they see him as there future SG multiple times, but that he will be a SF for the time being until he develops the ball handing and shooting skills and that they would like to get a SF that he could play next to.

[email protected]
    Participant

but I know the Cavs have him and Parsons as plan b and c.

During Wiggins press conference they mentioned they see him as there future SG multiple times, but that he will be a SF for the time being until he develops the ball handing and shooting skills and that they would like to get a SF that he could play next to.

celtics1982
    Participant

I think he gets a Max offer. 

celtics1982
    Participant

I think he gets a Max offer. 

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

I heard Phoenix are going to put together a decent offer to him. The Jazz said they will match any offer….

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

I heard Phoenix are going to put together a decent offer to him. The Jazz said they will match any offer….

Captain L
    Participant

Hayward is better than alot of people want to give him credit , he’s not a #1option on offense but he does so many things well that he is extremely valuable. He is the kind of player every coach wants, he makes his teammantes better and makes the game easier for his teammantes. As a Jazz fan everything  I hear is that the Jazz will match, the only way I don’t see that happening is if a team makes an offer that the Jazz thinks that team has players and assets that the Jazz could get that they think would make them better, I don’t think that will happen , so I see Hayward back as a Utah Jazz member with a close to max contract. I don’t want him to get it but I think he will get a contract bigger than Favors & 13 plus Mil.

Captain L
    Participant

Hayward is better than alot of people want to give him credit , he’s not a #1option on offense but he does so many things well that he is extremely valuable. He is the kind of player every coach wants, he makes his teammantes better and makes the game easier for his teammantes. As a Jazz fan everything  I hear is that the Jazz will match, the only way I don’t see that happening is if a team makes an offer that the Jazz thinks that team has players and assets that the Jazz could get that they think would make them better, I don’t think that will happen , so I see Hayward back as a Utah Jazz member with a close to max contract. I don’t want him to get it but I think he will get a contract bigger than Favors & 13 plus Mil.

CodySLC
    Participant

I’ve watch him since a rookie and he’s a good player. Reports are he wants a 4 years 50 million dollar deal, which I think is crazy for a guy who will be your 3rd option on a contending team.

thunderjerk
      Participant

$13 million a year won’t be too bad when the salary cap is going to be $75 million in three or four years because of the new TV. 

thunderjerk
      Participant

$13 million a year won’t be too bad when the salary cap is going to be $75 million in three or four years because of the new TV. 

CodySLC
    Participant

I’ve watch him since a rookie and he’s a good player. Reports are he wants a 4 years 50 million dollar deal, which I think is crazy for a guy who will be your 3rd option on a contending team.

thunderjerk
    Participant

Hayward is at his best when he’s not the best player on his team which was unfortunately his situation this last year. He makes his teammates better. He’s a great second or third option and has great passing skills. Ty Corbin, not to pile on the guy, always used him incorrectly. He’s not an isolation player at all and Corbin would always run schemes for him above the three point line and expect him to throw up a prayer. 

There’s no doubt that he will be in a Jazz uniform next season and I’m very hopeful Snyder can figure out how to use Gordon’s strengths most effectively. 

thunderjerk
    Participant

Hayward is at his best when he’s not the best player on his team which was unfortunately his situation this last year. He makes his teammates better. He’s a great second or third option and has great passing skills. Ty Corbin, not to pile on the guy, always used him incorrectly. He’s not an isolation player at all and Corbin would always run schemes for him above the three point line and expect him to throw up a prayer. 

There’s no doubt that he will be in a Jazz uniform next season and I’m very hopeful Snyder can figure out how to use Gordon’s strengths most effectively. 

DaGuywhodidurma
    Participant

He along with lebron,  durant, westbrook and harden were the only players to average at least 15ppg 5 rebs and 4ast. For the right price I think he would be a great 2nd or 3rd option if he continues to improve. 

DaGuywhodidurma
    Participant

He along with lebron,  durant, westbrook and harden were the only players to average at least 15ppg 5 rebs and 4ast. For the right price I think he would be a great 2nd or 3rd option if he continues to improve. 

omphalos
    Participant

I really hope the Celtics can somehow get him, either in a sign and trade using an expiring contract or by the Jazz not matching a max deal.

Reuniting him with Stevens just has to happen.

omphalos
    Participant

I really hope the Celtics can somehow get him, either in a sign and trade using an expiring contract or by the Jazz not matching a max deal.

Reuniting him with Stevens just has to happen.

Mr. HookShot
    Participant

What I like about Hayward is that he is versatile, in the sense that he can do a lot of things for you as a team: he can shoot, he can pass, he can dribble and go 1-on-1 occasionally. Overall really a smart player who will fit in with almost every team. Really nice piece for every team who wants to put a well-functioning team(!) on the floor.

Now is he worth $12/13 million? I would say he isn’t, but as a winning organization you need smart players like Hayward that can provide you with a little bit of everything while playing a real team-game. 

Mr. HookShot
    Participant

What I like about Hayward is that he is versatile, in the sense that he can do a lot of things for you as a team: he can shoot, he can pass, he can dribble and go 1-on-1 occasionally. Overall really a smart player who will fit in with almost every team. Really nice piece for every team who wants to put a well-functioning team(!) on the floor.

Now is he worth $12/13 million? I would say he isn’t, but as a winning organization you need smart players like Hayward that can provide you with a little bit of everything while playing a real team-game. 

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

If I was a team owner i would pay $10-12 mill for Monroe, Hayward or Parsons. Its the $18-20mill Gay, Irving(inury/attitude) and Melo-noma contracts that scares me.

I think Josh Smith got around $14 and Jeremy Lin around $10mill.

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

If I was a team owner i would pay $10-12 mill for Monroe, Hayward or Parsons. Its the $18-20mill Gay, Irving(inury/attitude) and Melo-noma contracts that scares me.

I think Josh Smith got around $14 and Jeremy Lin around $10mill.

Trikshot79
    Participant

His three point dropped by 10% this year, from the previous….. That’s all that I would need to know when offering a Max Deal… Max players this early in their career shouldn’t be seeing that drastic of a change. Just saying

Trikshot79
    Participant

His three point dropped by 10% this year, from the previous….. That’s all that I would need to know when offering a Max Deal… Max players this early in their career shouldn’t be seeing that drastic of a change. Just saying

Meditated States
    Participant

After not being one so yeah percentage fell. He is not max to me but he is very good. I think with the right PG he would look better. Very good defender too. Gets a lot of assist.

Meditated States
    Participant

After not being one so yeah percentage fell. He is not max to me but he is very good. I think with the right PG he would look better. Very good defender too. Gets a lot of assist.

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

Hayward needs to be in a role like Parsons or Leonard. A 2nd or 3rd guy.

He’s a VERY good player, plus plays the game the right way. He’s not a max player, but the market will determine his value.

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

Hayward needs to be in a role like Parsons or Leonard. A 2nd or 3rd guy.

He’s a VERY good player, plus plays the game the right way. He’s not a max player, but the market will determine his value.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login