This topic contains 28 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar King Calucha 8 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    TRC1991
    Participant

Spurns the Kings (not blaming him)

to go play with Dirk and Parsons – DJ has a huge choice to make, as he makes both teams serious competitors out in the West.

Dallas has a gaping hole at the PG position still

Kings and Lakers look like the biggest losers so far in free agency 

BallerScript
    Participant

I think with Ellis leaving Matthews will fit nicely in Dallas’s offense. It would be a lot better if Dallas got a point guard like Beverly though.

BallerScript
    Participant

I think with Ellis leaving Matthews will fit nicely in Dallas’s offense. It would be a lot better if Dallas got a point guard like Beverly though.

logic
    Participant

How much money Did he get? And how much did he turn down from the kings?

tblazer_NZ
      Participant

Money from Dallas hasn’t been mentioned yet, but I heard a rumor tht it was 4 years in the 12-13m range. He turned down $64m/4 years from SAC. Doesn’t want any part of that current mess.

tblazer_NZ
      Participant

Money from Dallas hasn’t been mentioned yet, but I heard a rumor tht it was 4 years in the 12-13m range. He turned down $64m/4 years from SAC. Doesn’t want any part of that current mess.

logic
    Participant

How much money Did he get? And how much did he turn down from the kings?

earldaniel31
    Participant

he turned down 64 Million 4 Years from Sacramento..

earldaniel31
    Participant

he turned down 64 Million 4 Years from Sacramento..

earldaniel31
    Participant

Sacramento should have gotten a commitment before making the trade.. they may have the cap space but no one wants to sign with them.. 

BallerScript
      Participant

I agree but they could be clearing cap for next season

BallerScript
      Participant

I agree but they could be clearing cap for next season

earldaniel31
    Participant

Sacramento should have gotten a commitment before making the trade.. they may have the cap space but no one wants to sign with them.. 

Bmore_DC
    Participant

…aaand another free agent says "no thanks" to the Kings of Sac-Town

Bmore_DC
    Participant

…aaand another free agent says "no thanks" to the Kings of Sac-Town

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

Matthews really wants DAJ to sign with Mavs. He is actually waiting for a decision from DAJ before working out the financials of his salary – meaning he does not mind taking a pay cut from the Kings offer – Money cannot buy happiness!!!

The Kings are getting worse and worse….

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

Matthews really wants DAJ to sign with Mavs. He is actually waiting for a decision from DAJ before working out the financials of his salary – meaning he does not mind taking a pay cut from the Kings offer – Money cannot buy happiness!!!

The Kings are getting worse and worse….

Jordo
    Participant

Can’t blame anybody for not wanting to sign with the Kings. Just goes to show that money sometimes isn’t enough to play for a team that’s dysfunctional.

Jordo
    Participant

Can’t blame anybody for not wanting to sign with the Kings. Just goes to show that money sometimes isn’t enough to play for a team that’s dysfunctional.

trelos6
    Participant

I predict Mavs will snag Ty Lawson from Denver. 

he_gets_buckets
      Participant

With what assets? I’m a mavs fan, but seriously we have nothing to offer Denver. We have no young pieces, outside of Justin Anderson, and even with how cheap players have been being traded for recently, I don’t think Anderson + throw ins is enough to get Denver to part with Lawson, especially with other suitors on the horizon like the Kings.

he_gets_buckets
      Participant

With what assets? I’m a mavs fan, but seriously we have nothing to offer Denver. We have no young pieces, outside of Justin Anderson, and even with how cheap players have been being traded for recently, I don’t think Anderson + throw ins is enough to get Denver to part with Lawson, especially with other suitors on the horizon like the Kings.

trelos6
    Participant

I predict Mavs will snag Ty Lawson from Denver. 

Stephen A. Bayless
    Participant

I’m not sure how I feel about the Matthews move, granted that changes significantly if it’s a package deal with DJ. Matthew’s is one of the better volume 3pt shooters in the league but that was also playing off of Roy/Aldridge & then Lillard/Aldridge. Will Parsons/Dirk at this juncture provide those type of looks? I’m not sure. Also he hasn’t provided much on the defensive end the past few years, so while neither him or Parsons are bad defenders they don’t really improve a team’s defensive outlook. 

I guess ultimately it comes down to numbers and we he ultimately signed for but if it’s anywhere near the Kings deal,  it’ll be hard for him to live up to it. 

Stephen A. Bayless
    Participant

I’m not sure how I feel about the Matthews move, granted that changes significantly if it’s a package deal with DJ. Matthew’s is one of the better volume 3pt shooters in the league but that was also playing off of Roy/Aldridge & then Lillard/Aldridge. Will Parsons/Dirk at this juncture provide those type of looks? I’m not sure. Also he hasn’t provided much on the defensive end the past few years, so while neither him or Parsons are bad defenders they don’t really improve a team’s defensive outlook. 

I guess ultimately it comes down to numbers and we he ultimately signed for but if it’s anywhere near the Kings deal,  it’ll be hard for him to live up to it. 

Champzilla21
    Participant

More money from the Kings doesnt matter because of the no state income tax in Texas compared to the highest tax. He will probably sign around 48-54 mill and will come out ahead anyways. I wouldnt join the kings for any amount of money right now, just a mess

Champzilla21
    Participant

More money from the Kings doesnt matter because of the no state income tax in Texas compared to the highest tax. He will probably sign around 48-54 mill and will come out ahead anyways. I wouldnt join the kings for any amount of money right now, just a mess

King Calucha
    Participant

And they still need a PG, just like last year. Matthews is a good fit given that he’s not ball dominant and the Mavs’ offense doesn’t really need a pass-first, old school PG, but defending the position is very very important.

King Calucha
    Participant

And they still need a PG, just like last year. Matthews is a good fit given that he’s not ball dominant and the Mavs’ offense doesn’t really need a pass-first, old school PG, but defending the position is very very important.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login