This topic contains 16 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Cardinal_Fan 13 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    steviechillz
    Participant

Whats Hopsons NBA potential to u guys???I think Hopson has the potential to be a great scorer in the next level.  I think he will probably be the next JR smith but he has potential to be a 20ppg, 3rebs, 3assists type guy if a team gives him minutes and he continues to make good decisons with the ball…He has made huge strides this season with the volunteers. Iabslutely love his game and his haircut is fresh lol

canesboy6
    Participant

I wouldnt draft him. He doesnt have the intangibles to me. He is a layup lines all american, you see him before the game and think good lord that guy looks like a player. JR Smith was cold blooded since high school, better ball handler, athlete, and shooter probably as a senior in HS than Hopson is now.

He just doesnt seem to get basketball that well, doesnt have that much game IMO. Has all the tools to take over, but now 3 years into his college career isnt a true takeover player still.

canesboy6
    Participant

I wouldnt draft him. He doesnt have the intangibles to me. He is a layup lines all american, you see him before the game and think good lord that guy looks like a player. JR Smith was cold blooded since high school, better ball handler, athlete, and shooter probably as a senior in HS than Hopson is now.

He just doesnt seem to get basketball that well, doesnt have that much game IMO. Has all the tools to take over, but now 3 years into his college career isnt a true takeover player still.

durantula83
    Participant

I think he will end up playing either in the NBDL or overseas. He has the talent to one day maybe play a benchrole in the league but first he has to put it all together.

durantula83
    Participant

I think he will end up playing either in the NBDL or overseas. He has the talent to one day maybe play a benchrole in the league but first he has to put it all together.

boxn1
    Participant

Proven guy,improved from freshman year to now. Because he isn’t a one and done he won’t be drafted

boxn1
    Participant

Proven guy,improved from freshman year to now. Because he isn’t a one and done he won’t be drafted

flyboy
    Participant

He’s really stepped up his game lately, averaging over 20 PPG on pretty decent efficiency. He’s also, from what I’ve seen, improved defensively from what he was last year. Most importantly he’s improved his perimiter shooting and shooting in general. His biggest issues are his ballhandling skills combined with the fact he doesn’t create shots for others, finish well enough or show much in the way of passing. He’s improved his ballhandling to an extent and he’s athletic enough to get away with some loose handle, but too often he’s out of control getting into the lane, ending up in a TO, running into a brick wall, or throwing up a bad shot. He’s one of those guys who is a better NBA player than college player because of the extra spacing. I’d draft him because he’s athletic, he can score and play decent defense, probably in the 35-45 range.

flyboy
    Participant

He’s really stepped up his game lately, averaging over 20 PPG on pretty decent efficiency. He’s also, from what I’ve seen, improved defensively from what he was last year. Most importantly he’s improved his perimiter shooting and shooting in general. His biggest issues are his ballhandling skills combined with the fact he doesn’t create shots for others, finish well enough or show much in the way of passing. He’s improved his ballhandling to an extent and he’s athletic enough to get away with some loose handle, but too often he’s out of control getting into the lane, ending up in a TO, running into a brick wall, or throwing up a bad shot. He’s one of those guys who is a better NBA player than college player because of the extra spacing. I’d draft him because he’s athletic, he can score and play decent defense, probably in the 35-45 range.

scoutguru
    Participant

He could probably become a Rasual Butler type player. Just needs to lock into a gym a become a markman for the nba, working off of a star player. Like the strides he’s made in his game. Looks way more comfortable putting the ball on the floor and making plays going to the rim, although he could still stand to improve his handle. But what you guys gotta understand is that in the league he won’t be asked to be anywhere near a top option as a scorer at the next level. Thats the problem, too many people project these players as what they would be as a top 2, 3 option and most guys will never get that chance in their careers. Hopson is a guy who can adequately defend his position, 2s and maybe some 3s, and is a solid athlete who’s good in transition.

scoutguru
    Participant

He could probably become a Rasual Butler type player. Just needs to lock into a gym a become a markman for the nba, working off of a star player. Like the strides he’s made in his game. Looks way more comfortable putting the ball on the floor and making plays going to the rim, although he could still stand to improve his handle. But what you guys gotta understand is that in the league he won’t be asked to be anywhere near a top option as a scorer at the next level. Thats the problem, too many people project these players as what they would be as a top 2, 3 option and most guys will never get that chance in their careers. Hopson is a guy who can adequately defend his position, 2s and maybe some 3s, and is a solid athlete who’s good in transition.

iguapops420
    Participant

This was brought up a while back in another thread. He’s got potential but He just doesn’t seem to really do much of anything besides score. He could potentially leave now and go anywhere from 30-50 range depending on workouts and if someone like Chicago fell in love with him or not. He could potentially go back to school and finish rounding out his game and have a career similar to Mike Finley or Nick Young. The thing is, he doesn’t really seem that interested in school, and for all the developing he’s supposedly done since freshman year, yet he’s still fairly under-whelming  at everything else. He doesn’t really make plays for others, and he is a below average rebounder given his physical attributes. These issues in mind, if he were to actually go back and work on developing better as a go to scorer and all around player, he could potentially break first round next year. Given the progression he’s made to this point in his overall game(little), I sincerely doubt all of that will come together given one more year. My guess, he ends up overseas or NBDL, possibly developing better as a prospect and making it eventually to the NBA as a solid scoring/defensive role player.

iguapops420
    Participant

This was brought up a while back in another thread. He’s got potential but He just doesn’t seem to really do much of anything besides score. He could potentially leave now and go anywhere from 30-50 range depending on workouts and if someone like Chicago fell in love with him or not. He could potentially go back to school and finish rounding out his game and have a career similar to Mike Finley or Nick Young. The thing is, he doesn’t really seem that interested in school, and for all the developing he’s supposedly done since freshman year, yet he’s still fairly under-whelming  at everything else. He doesn’t really make plays for others, and he is a below average rebounder given his physical attributes. These issues in mind, if he were to actually go back and work on developing better as a go to scorer and all around player, he could potentially break first round next year. Given the progression he’s made to this point in his overall game(little), I sincerely doubt all of that will come together given one more year. My guess, he ends up overseas or NBDL, possibly developing better as a prospect and making it eventually to the NBA as a solid scoring/defensive role player.

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

….

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

….

Cardinal_Fan
    Participant

Its a shame but i dont see him cutting it in the league, I think he an Nick Young have similar games except Hopson has really never shown a killer instinct.

Cardinal_Fan
    Participant

Its a shame but i dont see him cutting it in the league, I think he an Nick Young have similar games except Hopson has really never shown a killer instinct.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login