I'm tired of reading certain things on this messge board.
So here's a list of facts to consider:
1. Chris Paul is the best point guard in the league, and he's coming off two of the best seasons ever by any point guard.
2. Summer league games are not always good indicators of anything.
3. You really wouldn't rather have anyone else as your franchise talent than LeBron. No, I don't care. You wouldn't.
4. Kevin Durant may very well be the second coming of Jesus, but he probably should learn to play some defense before we christen him.
5. You can't be a second-round bust.
6. You're not a mid-to-late first-round bust if you became a solid starter for a few years.
7. The 2009 NBA Draft really did kind of suck, at least based on star quality.
8. Greg Oden was hampered more by foul trouble than anything last season, and his per-minute numbers are basically what anyone would expect a top-flight big man to have as a rookie.
I think the same things about Durant, and Chris Paul is the best pg in the game. No questions asked. These are facts.
2. I disagree....you can see what skills a player has by watching the summer league games
5. Haha I'm guilty as charged on this one. I've already called Budinger a bust.
7. Based on star quality...that is probably true...based on depth....this draft was pretty good
Who died and made you King Adi. I don't think you've been on this site long enough to act like a defacto dictator, lol! And as the most known user on this site, I take issue with a few things you have stated.
1. Chris Paul had the best two years of any point guard EVER. Really, what about when Oscar Robertson averaged and triple-double and the year following that. HA HA. Dude get off the site.
2. At this VERY second, I would probably start a franchise with Kobe Bryant. Hell, Lebron didn't even make it to the finals.
3. The 2009 draft was fairly decent.
Dhamp...the greatest basketball mind in the world. Next to HUBIE BROWN anyway.
Hahaha I'm the exact opposite of some of those. I have to disagree with you on the first one, Deron Williams is the best and most underrated PG. Plus, I know the Kobe/ LeBron fan base, but I'd say Wade's the best. As for Kevin DUrant, You're right on!
I'm all about D-will at the point, great shooter, I gotta go with him, although I can't get mad at people who will take Chris Paul. I just got frustrated when CP3 started shooting up half-court shots after every reach in foul in an attempt to get 3 shots, while it may be smart that &$#%#&@! was annoying.
I do not agree with the Summer league thing and I disagree about the draft. You don't have that many point guards taken early and not expect half to be stars. Jennings is looking like a star in the making. Harden is looking like he can be a Redd or Roy depending on his role. Curry is looking like he could be a great guard once the game slows down for him. Griffin is .......... Evans look like another top player and should get the minutes. Derozan is looking like a poor man's Vince Carter or Richard Jefferson. James Johnson is looking like he could talk Deng's spot. Rubio has yet to play and he could be a star. Austin Daye has looked Solid and he has yet to grow into any kind of NBA body yet but his skill are on point. Toney Douglas is looking good at the point. We all knew he could shoot and defend. 10 assist no turnovers enough said. I will say this there were not many hype guys this year. Most of these guys had something about them that would make you go hmm but that does not mean they were not good.
How can you get mad at someone for doing something smart. I take you are not a fan because you are annoyed at a player for doing something that would help his team win.
Guess I'm not a fan Sheltwon