This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by canadabasketballisrisingcanadabasketballisrising canadabasketballisrising 4 years, 5 months ago.

• Author
    canadabasketballisrisingcanadabasketballisrising
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

The NBA has a Catastrophe Rule (per Bill Simmons report, 2012) where if an event results in the death of an entire NBA team, that team has an emergency draft. Each team can protect 4 guys from getting drafted. If this happens, what is the best starting lineup you can assemble only using other teams 5th best players?

Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

There would be a lot that would go into so it’s practically impossible to say. The players that teams would protect might not necessarily be there 4 best players right now. Young players with potential and guys on favorable deals would likely be much more valued the overpriced veterans. For example, Chris Paul is clearly one of okc’s 4 best players right now, but I’m pretty confident they would not protect him in this type of situation.

1+
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

It would be whatever 4 players they want, so I am sure cp3 would be available… same as NHL Expansion draft.

Maintaining within the hardcap, and being competitive with some young talent; (dont want cp3 contract)
    L williams/Dragic/ Monk
    J Harris/ Reddick/E Gordon
    T Warren/ Bogdan Bogdavanavich/ Knox
    E. Pascal/ M. Wagner/ N Little
    A. Baynes/ J. Mcgee/ Bamba

1+
    The Goat
    Participant

Wtf kind of morbid thread is this..
    I suppose yes you’d keep absolute stars and your best young prospect but you couldn’t theoretically build a team until you know who disappears I guess. I can sense the shameless knicks fans crossing fingers guilt free.
    I

OhCanada-
    Participant

Kinda tough to do because alot of the keepers are debatable but I did one.
    PG- Lonzo Ball, Marcus Smart
    SG-Joe Harris, Bryn Forbes, Matisse Thybulle
    SF-TJ Warren, Davis Bertans,
    PF-Serge Ibaka, Erik Paschall
    C-Steven Adams, Erik Baynes, Mo Bamba

1+
      canadabasketballisrising
      Participant

i love the marcus smart and thybulle picks.. had gordon hayward, but then never kept him for contract purposes.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login